Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2009, 17:16   #136
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
I fear for them, I really do. It was my fav team till Mika and Kimi were there.
If another fine like the one they got in 2007 is levied I doubt the team would be able to survive.

At time I do feel its witch hunt against them.
There are rumors that Mercedes is not pleased with this entire lie-gate.

Hiren
It was my favourite team next to Ferrari until 2006!

I always loved the classic Michael Vs Mika fights on track. I was cheering for Kimi & Mclaren in 2005. But it all came down when they were caught Spying Ferrari.

If Mclaren is punished by WMSC it will be nothing more than a 2 race ban I beleive. But there might be lot of effects on the team outside the sport. There is strong rumor that Antony Hamilton is busy visiting BrawnGP guys & also there was a high level meeting held between Hamilton & Mclaren Management this Tuesday in UK.

The team is in desperate need of a re-org. Things should get better then.

Last edited by anachronix : 9th April 2009 at 17:18.
Old 9th April 2009, 17:41   #137
Team-BHP Support

I've moved all the lie-gate related posts to the Aussie GP thread since they are related to that race.
Old 9th April 2009, 18:43   #138
Senior - BHPian

I watched the BBC Sport broadcast of the Malaysian GP qualifying.
The Radio communication between Hamilton and Team during the SC period is shown.
And It is clear as glass that they're guilty.

Btw, Who is this 'Charlie' that Hamilton asks to check with regarding giving back the position?
Old 9th April 2009, 18:56   #139
Senior - BHPian

I think F1 is becoming more of a soap opera off the track now. Whatever happened at Australia is done and Lewis was punished for it. Whether it was fair or not I do not know. F1 is already on a tight budget this year and you never know which team will go kaput when. It is very important for more teams to be on the grid else there will be no sport. I am a Ferrari fan and a hardcore one at that but F1 cannot survive without the top teams be it Ferrari or Mclaren or Renault. I feel that the teams should get on with their game to improve performances rather getting into these issues off track.

Brawn GP winning is a welcome refresh but we all know that F1 is never the same without the classic battles of Mclaren and Ferrari. Hope to see a change in their fortunes come Europe.

Bernie, Lets just get back to racing shall we?
Old 9th April 2009, 19:14   #140
Senior - BHPian

I feel Mclaren need to conduct themselves properly and put various disciplinary measures to avoid such fiasco in Oz.
Mind you Mclaren is one of the most discplined teams in the F1 Paddocks and have grommed many world champions in the past.
Hamilton is one of the in their latest quest for glory.
Old 9th April 2009, 22:59   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
The Radio communication between Hamilton and Team during the SC period is shown.

Btw, Who is this 'Charlie' that Hamilton asks to check with regarding giving back the position?
Thats Charlie Whiting, Race Director.
Old 9th April 2009, 23:30   #142
Senior - BHPian

Ok, It was Charlie's mistake.
He's the guy who asked Hamilton to give back the position to Trulli. If not, Hamilton could have rightfully had the 3rd place, as per the rule book.
Old 10th April 2009, 08:48   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
It was my favourite team next to Ferrari until 2006!

I always loved the classic Michael Vs Mika fights on track. I was cheering for Kimi & Mclaren in 2005. But it all came down when they were caught Spying Ferrari.

If Mclaren is punished by WMSC it will be nothing more than a 2 race ban I beleive. But there might be lot of effects on the team outside the sport. There is strong rumor that Antony Hamilton is busy visiting BrawnGP guys & also there was a high level meeting held between Hamilton & Mclaren Management this Tuesday in UK.

The team is in desperate need of a re-org. Things should get better then.
Oh those were the heady days of F1. Mika winning 2 back-2-back titles and going for the third. I still vividly remember the Spa race, a Ricardo Zonta sandwich between Mika and Schumi. That was Epic stuff.

Quote:

Charlie Whiting is the FIA nominated race director, hes' the guy that controls the light sequence at the start.

Cheers
Old 10th April 2009, 12:35   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ok, It was Charlie's mistake.
He's the guy who asked Hamilton to give back the position to Trulli. If not, Hamilton could have rightfully had the 3rd place, as per the rule book.
How is it Charlie's mistake? There was no communication from the race director to give back the position. Whatever you heard in the pit to car radio transmission is between McLaren and Lewis. The team said they were still waiting for Charlie to get back, but did not get a response from him.

The way things are going there seem to be more action off the track than on it. This is not good for the sport at all.
Old 10th April 2009, 13:13   #145
Team-BHP Support

According to Jackie Stewart, Charlie was busy sorting out the Kubica - Vettel incident and no one was there to respond to McLaren's call. If that's true, it's definitely incompetence on the FIA's part, because there should be a backup official in F1, which is the pinnacle of motorsprts.
Old 14th April 2009, 08:27   #146
Senior - BHPian

I wonder how Jackie would have got the sneak on whats going on at the Race Control! He makes no sense with what he says when he was not even there to attend the race.

I usually take Jackie's "May be" or "Could be" with a pinch of salt!

And I hope you know the Jackie & Mad Max love story last year
Old 14th April 2009, 09:49   #147
Team-BHP Support

I wouldn't blame Whiting for what happened. If he was busy with the Vettel - Kubica incident, it would be impossible for him to sort out the Hamilton - Trulli incident. After all, he's not superhuman. It's clear from the transcripts that there was no one to sort out the incident. It would help if there was a backup official. Anyway, that's not the problem. It's what Hamilton said to the stewards after the race that's caused the controversy. He lied and paid the price for it.
Old 16th April 2009, 16:15   #148
BHPian

Ron Dennis quits F1

Jeez,
The LiarGate is surely snowballing into a major crisis in Mclaren.

Ron Dennis apparently has quit to make Anthony Hamilton happy so he let's his son stay with Mclaren Mercedes team and also to lessen whatever punishment that could be meted out of WMSC hearing.

Dennis announces he's quitting Formula One - Planet-F1 News - from planet-f1.com

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks