Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2009, 12:53   #16
Senior - BHPian

Damn, what a come back by Brawn GP.

Too bad it aint running a Honda engine. BTW, any idea who designed the chassis? Coz off the 3 teams using Merc engines, this car is miles ahead in terms of lap time.

The car just looked so effortless going through the corners. And to think they achieved this without using the "KERS" system, which is said to provide an additional 80bhp over a period of 6 secs per lap.

More data on the system - KERS technology revealed | F1 Fanatic - The Formula 1 Blog | F1 video | F1 pictures | F1 news | Lewis Hamilton | Fernando Alonso

Shan2nu
Old 28th March 2009, 13:02   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
Complete qualifying results
Being an ardent Mclaren fan, I'm pretty dissapointed. Matter of fact, thats quite the reason I didn't even see qualifying. kudos to Brawn GP for a terrific comeback.Wished something similar from force india too.Alas, all is still the same with VJM02.
finally Button is getting is due.
Old 28th March 2009, 13:06   #18
Senior - BHPian

These new set of rules have changed the entire stable of F1 upside down. The Giants of 08 are nowhere to be seen.
Brawn Gp with its Benz engine is doing wonders.
Old 28th March 2009, 13:17   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
These new set of rules have changed the entire stable of F1 upside down. The Giants of 08 are nowhere to be seen.
Brawn Gp with its Benz engine is doing wonders.
+1 to that.

I find this change refreshing. Much needed in F1.
Old 28th March 2009, 14:07   #20
Senior - BHPian

What an awesome qualifying session. No Ferrari, No Mclarens in the top 6. Hats off to Ross Brawn and his team. Nice to see Jenson performing well. Hes a good driver, he just didnt have the car and Rubens must be relieved to see the from row, something which he saw in Ferrari last.

I predict a Brawn GP win with either a Williams or a Redbull in third. The big boys have a lot to work on. I hope to see Force India finish up the order as well.
Old 28th March 2009, 14:25   #21
Senior - BHPian

Holy Cow !! What a qualifying result this is !! This year is sure going to be fun and it's the big boys who have to do the catching up

Too bad I will miss the opener tomorrow - work as usual :(

I predict (and want) the 2 Brawn GP cars and Vettel in the top 3.
Old 28th March 2009, 14:28   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
What an awesome qualifying session. No Ferrari, No Mclarens in the top 6. Hats off to Ross Brawn and his team. Nice to see Jenson performing well. Hes a good driver, he just didnt have the car and Rubens must be relieved to see the from row, something which he saw in Ferrari last.

I predict a Brawn GP win with either a Williams or a Redbull in third. The big boys have a lot to work on. I hope to see Force India finish up the order as well.
Brawn GP's success in qualifying only proves that the mercedes engine is awesome and Mclarens problems are its aero package. Hope martin Whitmarsh whips up a magic of sorts.
Old 28th March 2009, 14:42   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post
Brawn GP's success in qualifying only proves that the mercedes engine is awesome and Mclarens problems are its aero package. Hope martin Whitmarsh whips up a magic of sorts.
Same applies to Force India too! Waiting for some magic now. I am really surprised by the speeds set by Brawn today. Tomorrow is going to be a very exciting day.
Old 28th March 2009, 14:45   #24
BHPian

very entertaining qualifying session ,kudos to brawn&team for pulling a splendid run .. my guess is

1 button/Barrichello
2 Vettel
3 Massa .. hope massa works some magic in track tomorrow.
Old 28th March 2009, 14:48   #25
Senior - BHPian

What time is the qualifying being repeat telecast today? And when is the race telecast tomorrow?
Old 28th March 2009, 15:04   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
What time is the qualifying being repeat telecast today? And when is the race telecast tomorrow?
The repeat telecast for today's qualifying is at 7:00 PM. Even I have to watch it as I missed the last quarter due to power cut.

Tomorrow's race is at 11:30 AM.
Old 28th March 2009, 15:40   #27
BHPian

@ rm_arjuna: 3 Massa .. hope massa works some magic in track tomorrow

Well a podium is tough (not impossible), but a top 5 finish definitely looks bright. Both the Ferrari's are the only KERS runners in the top ten. Add to it, they both looked on a fuel strat for a long stint, specially Kimi. His car looked heavy around the kerbs in turn two. The race might prove out to be one which tests the drivers temperament. Mind you, both Brawn are at front, but if you saw Barrichello at the end of the Qualis, he looked a bit ragged, as he was slatted to take it away. Well just an opinion. So if we have certain forerunners goof up, might land up with an interesting race.
McLarens: Well BAD NEWS. Hamilton's got a Grid Slot penalty due to Gearbox change and will start 20th. Along with Aero, they need to sort out their KERS issues, which the Ferrari's are leading the battle at the moment (atleast money wise, as they are investing a huge amount). Nothing special can be expected at Malaysia as well as its just a week away. Plus with NO midseason testing.....well they got QUITE a bit of catching up.

Anyways too early in the season. Cant wait for tomorrows race. Hamilton starting last, surely going to be an interesting affair.

Last edited by AnniHilat0R : 28th March 2009 at 15:49.
Old 28th March 2009, 15:41   #28
BANNED

I wish the podium could be like this:
1. Hamilton
2. Kovalenein
3. Button
:(

But as it's very much a distant dream now, I see:
1. Button
2. Rosberg
3. Barrichello
Old 28th March 2009, 15:59   #29
Senior - BHPian

I haven't seen a gridwash like this. 2 cars dominating the entire qualifying!
Others have a really tough time ahead, if the diffuser appeal goes in favor of the 3 teams in question.
In terms of lap times, rest of the teams in top 10 were very close in qualifying. I think some of the teams are on fuel-heavy strategy, at least thats what I am hoping for Kimi.
I can't wait for the race to start!

My prediction:
1 Button/Rubens (one of them will have DNF)
2 Vettel
3 Kimi
Old 28th March 2009, 19:05   #30
Senior - BHPian

Wow what a qualiufying. That was the best qualifying i have seen in years. The top 3 was so closely changing and well well i am so sure some guys in japan will be kicking themself after seeing some brawn power. Wow
For one i like that the top teams are being challenged and some good drivers and many veterans getting a shot at the title. Hurray to Button and Rueben. Vettel was the only guy in the top six other than the diffuser gang and that was impressive.
I predict a brawn 1-2 and rosberg for the 3rd. A win well deserved.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks