Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2009, 13:44   #46
Senior - BHPian

What a brilliant race. Awesome 1-2 by Brawn GP and a great third for Trulli. I was sad to see Ferrari not finishing. But my heart went out to Vettel. Poor guy. Watch out for him in the coming races. Nice to see the FI guys finish the race too.

I love this new season and there are some exciting times to come.

@Dan: Why dont you like this season?
Old 29th March 2009, 13:45   #47
BHPian

Congrats to the team and the owner for buying the team.Amazing!
Old 29th March 2009, 13:46   #48
BHPian

Couldn't have had a better start to the season. Great drive by Button.

And no points for any Ferrari.

Vettel vs. Kubica was really exciting, I guess that's what you get when you put 22-23 year olds in Formula 1 cars.
Old 29th March 2009, 13:57   #49
Team-BHP Support

Great race and wonderful result (though I would have loved to see Vettel there instead of Trulli).
Button drove out of his skin and despite the rather poor pit stop, won emphatically. Good for Barrichello too. After many poor seasons, this one seems to be a good one for him. Hats off to Ross Brawn and his team.
Also, a good turnaround by McLaren and Hamilton. The guy never even had a proper qualifying session and honestly, I didn't expect him to even finish the race, forget finish in the points.
The 2009 cars look ugly, but, the season is going to be fun.
Old 29th March 2009, 14:18   #50
BHPian

Great result, only the second team to have ever won on debut and 1-2 just makes it sweeter. What a finish though, 3 laps and safety car...hamilton got lucky that the crash happened just before the race finished.

As for look, hey we get better views from the car cameras, nothing to block so win win for viewers.
Sad for Ferrari, car died.

Last edited by Gagan.js : 29th March 2009 at 14:19. Reason: Typo
Old 29th March 2009, 14:21   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Great race and wonderful result (though I would have loved to see Vettel there instead of Trulli).
Button drove out of his skin and despite the rather poor pit stop, won emphatically. Good for Barrichello too. After many poor seasons, this one seems to be a good one for him. Hats off to Ross Brawn and his team.
Also, a good turnaround by McLaren and Hamilton. The guy never even had a proper qualifying session and honestly, I didn't expect him to even finish the race, forget finish in the points.
The 2009 cars look ugly, but, the season is going to be fun.
kudos to Brawn GP. nobody expected this team to rise from the dust like this.Think about this a month and a half ago, this team didn't exist and by button's admission, he thought his F1 career is doomed and over.What a comeback and should definitely thank Kubica and Vettel for the action towards the end. I wish Mclaren come back to where they were.Martin Whitmarsh, do your homework properly!!.
Old 29th March 2009, 15:21   #52
BANNED

The surprise finish was Hamilton. I never expected him to finish this race in points. And he just missed the Podium!!

I really love the way this season has kicked off. Full fun and great action. The fight between Vettel and Kubica was thrilling. The circus of grid positions changing rapidly added lots of excitement and breath taking moments.
The cars are ugly to look at. But the entertainment provided was far better a compensation.
Old 29th March 2009, 15:51   #53
BHPian

great race btw who owns brawn gp
Old 29th March 2009, 15:59   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
great race btw who owns brawn gp
Ross Brawn is the team principal and I guess owns Brawn GP, which is why they are named after him :-)
Official site of the Brawn GP F1 Team

Edit - Ross Brawn - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited by jassi : 29th March 2009 at 16:07.
Old 29th March 2009, 16:05   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

Ross Brawn owns Brawn GP.

I think this year is going to be the Slumdog Millionaire year in many respects including F1. The big boys must be scratching their heads in desperation. Honda must be kicking themselves for not even wanting to sponsor Brawn GP. Richard Branson must be the luckiest sponsor alive. And watch out for Vettel. He has got a lot of Schumacher in him. And I meant Michael.
Old 29th March 2009, 16:13   #56
BHPian

Hamilton should be thanking his lucky stars up there.

First,Kubica & Vettel get involved in some unwanted stunt which pushed him up by 2 places.
Now Trulli has been fined for overtaking Hamilton during the last lap SC period.

So if FIA,during its appeal on diffuser gate,decides to quash the results,then Hamilton will be classified as the winner of Australian GP

Wow.What a start to this season.
Old 29th March 2009, 16:23   #57
Senior - BHPian

Force India didn't show any signs of improvements compared to last year. Also the big guys Ferrari,McLaren, Renault have a lot of catching up to do now.
By the look of things, Brawn GP will do the bulk of winning, while the rest have to settle for Brawny points
Old 29th March 2009, 16:39   #58
BHPian

Well done Jenson, Reubens, Jarno, Lewis and Timo (I know Jarno has been penalized but well driven nonetheless).

Lewis promised to charge through the race and lived up to it.

Nice race. Hope F1 stays this way and becomes interesting...

But Vettel has been handed a penatly for Sepang for his collision with Kubica. I feel Kubica was more to be blamed there.
Vettel gets Sepang grid penalty - F1 | ITV Sport

Last edited by turbo_v12 : 29th March 2009 at 16:40.
Old 29th March 2009, 17:43   #59
BHPian

Breaking news !! Hamilton is promoted to third place ! He is lucky this time. Wonder how much uproar would be if it was Massa.
Old 29th March 2009, 18:01   #60
Team-BHP Support

Wonder how much uproar would be created if Hamilton was in Kubica's place. Wonder how much uproar would be created if Hamilton was in Trulli's place. Wonder, wonder, wonder... the list can go on.
Hamilton's not responsible for anyone else's misfortunes. He ran a clean race and finished well. If he's lucky that Kubica and Vettel crashed out, remember, everyone else who finished behind him is also lucky. Barrichello was also lucky on more than one occasion.
I think we should stop blaming others / luck and just concentrate on the racing.

Most Viewed