Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2009, 16:35   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Commentators today suggest that Kubica is on the verge of moving to Brawn GP in place of Rubens sometime this June! Barrichello is being retained on a race-to-race basis, and Kubica brings in much needed sponsorship money!

Are we looking at the new race champions here?
Old 5th April 2009, 16:48   #32
Senior - BHPian

Truly Bizzare race.The points are halved for this race.
Hamilton managed a single point.Better than Ferraris.
Old 5th April 2009, 16:51   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Commentators today suggest that Kubica is on the verge of moving to Brawn GP in place of Rubens sometime this June! Barrichello is being retained on a race-to-race basis, and Kubica brings in much needed sponsorship money!
I dont like loud mouth wubens, so if he is replaced by kubica at Brawn, i will be more than happy. BTW who will pair Nick then?

Last edited by motor_breathing : 5th April 2009 at 16:52. Reason: corr
Old 5th April 2009, 16:55   #34
Senior - BHPian

What a crazy end to a great race!
I hope the FIA/FOM learns from this and shifts the race back to mid day start next year.

I have no words to describe whats happening at Ferrari
Old 5th April 2009, 17:11   #35
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations to BrawnGP & Button!

Ferrari, I feel like beating the **** out of the guy who made the strategy for Kimi. What a sick way to bring down hopes!

I hope Luca gives a stinker to the team and get them to work!
Old 5th April 2009, 18:45   #36
Senior - BHPian

I dont like this at all. I WANT THE OLD FERRARI VS McLAREN BATTLES BACK AGAIN!!!!
Old 5th April 2009, 18:48   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
I dont like this at all. I WANT THE OLD FERRARI VS McLAREN BATTLES BACK AGAIN!!!!
Sorry dude thats not how a real F1 fan should think. F1 is not just about Ferrari and McLaren. There are 8 other teams in the competition.
Old 5th April 2009, 19:01   #38
Senior - BHPian

Exactly.
its not about just ferrari and mclaren anymore.
There is much more to the game know.
But sad that the race had to end that way.
Would have loved to see the remaining 23 laps as well.
Old 5th April 2009, 19:30   #39
BHPian

Brawn GP!!!!!!! They are a real force to reckon this season. And am happy that its not Ferrari vs. Mclaren battle
Old 5th April 2009, 20:50   #40
BHPian

whats with this diffusers all about and if some teams are gaining advantage over others why is FIA not doing anything about the same. Nothing personal but overnight Brawn GP winning every race doesn't go down the throat. This is becoming farcical. wake up FIA. Honda with so much trouble quits formula 1 and with the same chasiss and a mercedes engine ross brawn starts winning overnight doesn't go down the works. DID ANYBODY NOTICE THAT AFTER THE ACCIDENT IN AUSTRALIA "JENSON BUTTON WAS ALLOWED TO PIT AND THEN THE SAFETY CAR WAS CALLED AFTER ABOUT THREE LAPS. SEEMS THAT ROSS BRAWN HAS CONNECTIONS UP THERE". My view.
Old 5th April 2009, 21:06   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkhatau View Post
whats with this diffusers all about and if some teams are gaining advantage over others why is FIA not doing anything about the same. Nothing personal but overnight Brawn GP winning every race doesn't go down the throat. This is becoming farcical. wake up FIA. Honda with so much trouble quits formula 1 and with the same chasiss and a mercedes engine ross brawn starts winning overnight doesn't go down the works. DID ANYBODY NOTICE THAT AFTER THE ACCIDENT IN AUSTRALIA "JENSON BUTTON WAS ALLOWED TO PIT AND THEN THE SAFETY CAR WAS CALLED AFTER ABOUT THREE LAPS. SEEMS THAT ROSS BRAWN HAS CONNECTIONS UP THERE". My view.
You are reading too much into things. Brawn GP is not using 2008 chassis, they are using 2009 spec chassis as everyone else is. Honda had spent lot of money and time in developing 2009 car well before the rest, when they realized their 2008 campaign is going nowhere. The higher ups at Honda who had no clue about what F1 is all about, chose to simply pull the plug.

Its not just honda, the other midfield runners like toyota, williams, redbull are stroger than Ferrari and Mclaren this year. Ferrari, McLaren and BMW to some extent had to spend a lot in improving their 2008 cars till the end as they were in the championship battle, while the rest were free to focus only on 2009 development. Thats why all this turn around.

Wait till april 14th, FIA will issue clarifications to the diffuser rule, which will make the diffuser gang legal and it will be a question of time before other teams design similar diffusers.

Last edited by SilentEngine : 5th April 2009 at 21:08.
Old 5th April 2009, 21:06   #42
BHPian

No offense but Ross Brawn, Brawn GP Boss, was the instrumental figure for the success of Benetton and Ferrari in nineties. It will be no surprise if he steers Brawn GP to constructors Championship title
Old 5th April 2009, 21:25   #43
BHPian

Absolutely rubbish strategy from Ferrari. Really they have got something misplaced in their heads. First that Massa mistake, too much over confidence I would say and today the awesome gamble of putting kimi on wet tyres on a dry track.

Button has really started stiching it all up together. He is doing well in a car of the class. The racing now is worth watching.

In the pre race show they were mentioning that Jenson and his girlfriend had a little debriefing after winning the australian gp with the journislts waiting outside his room.
Old 5th April 2009, 22:16   #44
Senior - BHPian

Ferrari is the quickest car with the KERS and the non-controversial diffuser. Adding a KERS to the car is making a big compromise to the handling of the car since the teams cant do much about the weight distribution.

If the diffuser rules are clarified and if the same is adopted by the other teams, then it wud be a different scene from mid of the season.
Old 6th April 2009, 09:18   #45
BHPian

Man this whole season is fast becoming a farce thanks to the FIA. It's very obvious that the teams that have the double decker diffuser have a performance advantage but they don't intend taking up that issue until the 2nd week of April.

And also the decision to hold races at 5 pm at places like Australia & Malaysia is a disaster, especially KL. Surely they would have known that it rains almost everyday at 5 pm in KL. The tyres don't seem to perform well due to the cooler conditions even when it doesn't rain. At this rate, I think I'll stop watching F1. I coulnd't watch yesterdays race as I was travelling but I don't regret it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks