Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2009, 00:31   #46
Senior - BHPian

Looks like Merc Engines for Brawn GP as really good.
Old 27th April 2009, 01:42   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Thats scheduled on the 28th of this month

Atleast Ferrari doesnt go and stand in front of FIA "cheating" and "lieing" to score points!
Dont you belive it,They just never been caught
Old 27th April 2009, 08:22   #48
BHPian

Toyotas (trulli) is a good qualifier and fades away in race.
He more or less becomes a mobile chicane and forms a Trulli Train with he as engine . OWG seems to have wasted teams money and time. This was the first proper race of the season and overtaking is nothing worth talk about. Even 1 sec faster car cannot pass another one with out taking considerable risk. KERS was only used to defend position rather than gain

Good executed strategy and win for Button (Make hay while sun shines). Vettel, Trulli also had a flawless race.

Kimi has out done what F60 could do, May be Luca effect.

BMW has become a laughing stock. If I remember correctly, just before start of season all the teams asked for a ban on KERS for this season and a unanimous vote was needed. BMW thinking that they have an advantage this season and veto'ed the proposal, and see where they are now.

Last edited by motor_breathing : 27th April 2009 at 08:26. Reason: Change
Old 27th April 2009, 10:08   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vw splitscreen View Post
Dont you belive it,They just never been caught
And you knew it even before FIA or the other F1 teams did! Amazing

You must be really something in F1!
Old 27th April 2009, 11:24   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2theMax View Post
Overall a boring predictable race. BTW Who was the 'English' commentator in Star Sports ??

Maybe i should watch barcelona on mute.
He's TIM SCOTT I feel, a boring commentator
Old 27th April 2009, 11:31   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2theMax View Post
Overall a boring predictable race. BTW Who was the 'English' commentator in Star Sports ??

This bloke was on a Ferrari bashing spree and was getting on my nerves, and all he saw on track was a 'silver with sunny side up' !, and who in this part of the world care's a hoot about 'Middlesbrough accent' ???.

I thought this happens only in Britain. This guy was a total Hamilton freak and made me watch more of IPL.

Maybe i should watch barcelona on mute.
I think it was Tim Scott, a journalist. I sometimes watch games with the volume muted when the commentator starts talking rubbish. Most commentators, writers in F1 are British & so, you can't expect them to be fair (Chris Goodwin is the only exception that I know of)

Quote:
Originally Posted by motor_breathing View Post
This was the first proper race of the season
I second that. 2 wet races & the race in Australia started in the evening rather than afternoon for the convenience of TV views in Europe and that lead to a lot of problems with tyre temperatures. Added to that there were too many safety car periods
Old 27th April 2009, 11:42   #52
Team-BHP Support

@ 2theMax
+1 to what you said. That guy was just too boring and biased. The best commentator was Murray Walker in the Senna, Prost and Schumacher days. Everyone after that was just OK or no good. Karun Chandok is currently the best.
Old 27th April 2009, 11:47   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akrish01 View Post
I think it was Tim Scott, a journalist. I sometimes watch games with the volume muted when the commentator starts talking rubbish. Most commentators, writers in F1 are British & so, you can't expect them to be fair (Chris Goodwin is the only exception that I know of)
what do you guys think of Steve Slater
@aditya - I agree karan chandok is good!
Old 27th April 2009, 13:35   #54
Senior - BHPian

Steve slater is a nuisance.The funniest part will be when the radio comes on live and slater will continue jabbering away,and go quiet when the transmission is over.
Old 27th April 2009, 14:52   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Toyota engineers did a good job but the team does'nt have the race craft and neither do the drivers have the skill to get 100% out of it. Truli on soft tires could not pull off a simple overtaking move on a non-diffuser Redbull. He was looking really beat up after the race. Time for them to pick up some hot shot young driver.
Thats very unfair.
For that matter Vettel who was behind Trulli during the early part of the race could not pull a overtaking move either.

I dont know what happened to Glock but Trulli drove very well. I reckon Toyota made a mistaken fitting the prime tires in the middle stint and thats where Trulli lost out and Button came out ahead after the pitstops.
Old 27th April 2009, 16:47   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
Perhaps you don't know the fact that it was these teams - Ferrari, Renault and McLaren which helped draft the rules and specifications for the new season. When the aerodynamicists sat down together, they had a specific set of rules in mind. They all agreed upon them and wrote the specifications. They then designed cars for their own teams keeping that set of rules in mind. It was Brawn, Toyota and Williams which found loopholes in the specifications drafted by the OWG (Ferrari, McLaren, Renault, ...) It's completely unfair to call the engineers of Ferrari, McLaren or the rest of the teams incompetent, they just never thought of closing that loophole when writing the specs.
Well in that case its even sadder because they made the rules and they themselves couldn't figure out ways to take advantage of them. Hats off to Brawn and the other guys for being able to expoilt the specs set by the big guns (or ex-big guns )

Ferrari should have never let Brawn go in the first place.
Old 27th April 2009, 17:51   #57
Senior - BHPian

One another thing Toyota needs to address is poor performance of the chassis on hard tires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
Thats very unfair.
For that matter Vettel who was behind Trulli during the early part of the race could not pull a overtaking move either
Trulli was on a pole capable car on soft tires and IIRC Vettel was on hard. In addition the Redbull is a non diffuser and non-KERS car so it should be overtakable. Lets face it if there was an Alsonso or a Hamilton in that Toyota they would have celebrated their first win. They are at the point where they have a top car...they need a top driver. I have nothing against Trulli but he's like 36 and is looking tired.
Old 27th April 2009, 20:17   #58

Yes Trulli did looked tired after the race where as other 2 drivers were doing better than him.
Too bad for Massa and Ferrari overall. Even tho Kimi finished in points they havent got things right still. Lack of testing will hurt this teams even more. Also I think KERS, as others pointed, only helps in defending position(s) instead of any proper gain except for the start of the race.
Old 28th April 2009, 01:39   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pole_position View Post
Also I think KERS, as others pointed, only helps in defending position(s) instead of any proper gain except for the start of the race.
Lewis Hamilton will disagree. The guy has gained so many positions in the last few races because of KERS. [Brave driver + moderately fast car + KERS] can overtake [Any regular F1 driver + fast car]

The problem only arises when a car which is slow around corners with KERS is in front of a fast car. No point blaming KERS though, blame the teams who didn't develop it.
Old 28th April 2009, 13:19   #60
HKS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post

The problem only arises when a car which is slow around corners with KERS is in front of a fast car. No point blaming KERS though, blame the teams who didn't develop it.
Development cost my friend.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks