Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2009, 22:31   #106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Its not conjecture but common sense. Toyota car is capable of winning races and now they need a top class driver that can make it happen.
Common sense? I dont think so...
Trulli and Glock drive for Toyota F1 and thats not going to change anytime soon.

First of all they need a car thats consistently on the podium, till the time that does not happen they will not change the current drivers.
Old 3rd May 2009, 01:50   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Even in the Bahrain GP which is a wider track with lot of braking points where overtaking is possible he could well build a train.

More than Trulli, I wish it was Rubens who could be sent out. I would rate him the worst loser of this year.
He so did not do that. Its not Trulli's or any slow drivers prerogative to give way, its for a fast driver to get past.
Old 3rd May 2009, 08:56   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
He so did not do that. Its not Trulli's or any slow drivers prerogative to give way, its for a fast driver to get past.
I am not talking about giving way like what Rubens or Hamilton would demand, I am talking about Trulli defending his position even though he is in a slower car followed by a faster car.
Old 3rd May 2009, 09:32   #109
Senior - BHPian

'Dennis snubbed by Lewis'!?

Ron Dennis was reportedly snubbed by Lewis Hamilton when the McLaren driver rejected a request to pay tribute to the man who had mentored him for many years at Thursday's Sport Industry Awards.

Dennis, who was honoured with a Lifetime Achievement Award for his 40-year service to motorsport, spoke glowingly of McLaren after leaving the two just two weeks prior to receiving the award.

"As far as McLaren is concerned, the word 'team' hardly suffices - I prefer the term 'family'," he said.

However, no one for the McLaren 'family' was present to honour Dennis with only two past McLaren drivers, Mika Hakkinen and Alain Prost, on hand.

And, according to the Daily Mail it wasn't for tying as 'Hamilton turned down repeated requests to attend the function at the Battersea Evolution or even send a short tribute to his former team boss.'

Added to that 'McLaren did not send a single representative to Dennis's big night and the McLaren table printed on the guest list was withdrawn at the last minute with none of the 10 reserved places filled.'

Asked for comment by the Daily Mail, McLaren had little to say except for that it was "all very political" and added that 'the request for a comment from Hamilton came too late'.

'Dennis snubbed by Lewis at Sports awards' - Planet-F1 News - from planet-f1.com
Attached Thumbnails
2009 F1 Bahrain GP-99d0e709.jpg  

Old 3rd May 2009, 13:51   #110
BHPian

It is too bad Hamilton dint attend the function. Dennis is a legend in F1. The man produced many world champions and revolutionized F1 with the MP4 cars. Mika Hakkinen and Alain Prost knows it and respects the fact. Lewis owes his carrier to Ron Dennis. Thumbs down Lewis!
Old 4th May 2009, 13:43   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am not talking about giving way like what Rubens or Hamilton would demand, I am talking about Trulli defending his position even though he is in a slower car followed by a faster car.
So thats a good thing na?
Defending his position in a slow car, makes me think that he possesses some really good race craft.

Cheers
Old 4th May 2009, 14:49   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
So thats a good thing na?
Defending his position in a slow car, makes me think that he possesses some really good race craft.

Cheers
Its a good thing, but then Trulli made everything easy for Button by keeping Vettel behind him for that whole stint.

I am waiting to see a Button Vs Vettel fight on a dry track!
Old 4th May 2009, 15:38   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Its a good thing, but then Trulli made everything easy for Button by keeping Vettel behind him for that whole stint.

I am waiting to see a Button Vs Vettel fight on a dry track!
Well thats one way to look at it.
Regarding Button Vs Vettel, the feelings mutual

Can someone start a thread for next weeks Barcelona (Borecelona ) GP? It seems Ferrari have a F60B ready.

Cheers
Old 26th January 2010, 13:33   #114
BHPian

Bahrain GP new layout

SOURCE: Autosport

Bahrain Grand Prix organisers have announced that their track will use a new layout for the opening round of this year's Formula 1 championship. The Sakhir circuit hosts the first race of the season on March 14 and, with an expanded grid of up to 26 cars set to take part, race bosses have opted to use an existing extra loop for this year's event.
The new track will turn left shortly after Turn 4, the right hander at the top of the hill following the first sequence of turns.
There will then be a sequence of five turns before the cars head back to the original circuit. There will then be a left-right kink before a tight hairpin returns the cars onto the main track. The new layout increases the circuit length from 5.412km circuit to 6.299km.
Zayed R. Alzayani, Chairman of the Bahrain International Circuit, said: "The loop was completed in 2006 as part of the built-in evolution of the venue for competitors and fans.
"We gave it its debut with the inaugural 24 Hour Race of Bahrain that same year where it proved extremely successful, and with the changes to the regulations, the teams and the driver line-ups in Formula 1 this year it is the perfect time to evolve the circuit with this new challenge and new overtaking opportunities.

OLD Track layout
Name:  old.png
Views: 702
Size:  215.0 KB

New track layout
Name:  new.png
Views: 416
Size:  207.2 KB

Last edited by Jaggu : 26th January 2010 at 16:28. Reason: Please use Search before opening a new thread, Thanks
Old 29th January 2010, 18:38   #115
BHPian

i dont think the chages will do any good for F1 races. its just like the indianapolis infield. lots of slow corners....mickey mouse section :-)

Most Viewed