Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2009, 23:51   #121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
Silverstone? The fast corners. The audience. The atmosphere. The history. And best of all, good races.

Asian/Middle Eastern tracks? Bunch of straights with a few nonsense characterless corners. No gradient changes. No elevation changes. No character. Empty grandstands. Boring races. Hermann Tilke's infamous designs.

The old classic tracks regularly produce good races. Between Silverstone, Monaco, Spa, Monza, Brazil, Suzuka and Malaysia, China, Abu Dhabi, Turkey, etc, I think I know which group I'd choose.
Totally agree with you here!

I want to see Imola, Canada, MagnyCours & the greatest wishlist is the 1950's Nurburgring track

Bahrain, Turkey, Singapore(sickest of all) and Valencia should be kicked out!

A bit of history on the Nurburgring track from the 1960s... A full 20.8KMs for a lap!

Last edited by anachronix : 24th June 2009 at 23:54.
Old 24th June 2009, 23:56   #122
Senior - BHPian

Well its an interesting thought. Why are the newer tracks so boring? To some extent it is because of fan support and history and all that. But if you ask me, the new tracks are boring simply because of safety. How often do you see safety cars in Turkey or Bahrain? Almost never. Its because the tracks are designed with safety in mind than challenge. If they want to challenge the drivers by giving them a high speed difficult corner, then they increase the chances of him crashing dramatically. So, they either scrap the corner or throw in a huge gravel trap which takes away the feeling of racing on the edge.
Old 25th June 2009, 03:51   #123
BANNED

Location: Gudaibiya; BAHRAIN/ Vandiperiyar; KERALA/ Wuhan; CHINA
BREAKING: F1 reunites as Max Mosely reportedly forced to quit F1

F1's Future-maxmoselycloseupf1getty.jpg
After all of this year's soap opera stories in Formula One, it appears there will be a unified championship series next year after all. According to The Times UK, controversial F1 boss Max Mosley has been "forced into a humiliating climbdown as president of the FIA," and his reign is over effective today.

Apparently, with the Formula One Teams Association's (FOTA) plan to build its own breakway series and take most of its highest-profile (and highest-dollar) draws away with it, the FIA realized that something had to be done. Eight teams, including Ferrari, McLaren, BMW Sauber, and Brawn GP had pulled out of the series over concerns relating to a new £40m budget cap (around $66m USD).

With Mosley's departure effective immediately, F1 teams and the sanctioning body have agreed to cost cuts with the goal of getting spending outlays back down to the that of the early Nineties within two years.

Mosley has agreed to end his 16 year term at the FIA and not seek re-election to another office.

SOURCE: TIMES UK
Old 25th June 2009, 13:05   #124
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Mosley has agreed to end his 16 year term at the FIA and not seek re-election to another office.
For heavens sake, FINALLY! I don't get why Mosley has to continually change the rules year on year...it gets so damn confusing that I, even as a diehard F1 fan, start to lose track. Ever the outspoken Alonso said something similar earlier in June. I'd guess Bernie is mighty cheesed off with Mad Mosley, yet (diplomatically) hasn't made a public statement to that effect. He did, however, make it amply clear that he is on the side of the teams.

The "Formula" is perfect now. Let the teams get on with racing!
Old 25th June 2009, 13:15   #125
BHPian

phew !! finally i am glad this is taken care of.
I was almost prepared for 2 race series from next year - seemed interesting
Old 25th June 2009, 13:45   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was almost prepared for 2 race series from next year - seemed interesting
Yeah, from a racing point of view that would have been interesting. We'd have access to so many more tracks and racing teams with 2 series running along each other.

Shan2nu
Old 28th June 2009, 06:16   #127
BANNED

Location: Gudaibiya; BAHRAIN/ Vandiperiyar; KERALA/ Wuhan; CHINA
Mosley's letter to Ferrari head Luca di Montezemolo

Dear Luca

We made a deal yesterday in Paris to end the recent difficulties in Formula 1. A fundamental part of this was that we would both present a positive and truthful account to the media. I was therefore astonished to learn that FOTA has been briefing the press that Mr. Boeri has taken charge of Formula 1, something which you know is completely untrue; that I had been forced out of office, also false; and, apparently, that I would have no role in the FIA after October, something which is plain nonsense, if only because of the FIA statutes.

Furthermore, you have suggested to the media that I was a "dictator," an accusation which is grossly insulting to the 26 members of the World Motor Sport Council who have discussed and voted all the rules and procedures of Formula 1 since the 1980s, not to mention the representatives of the FIA's 122 countries who have democratically endorsed everything I and my World Motor Sport Council colleagues have done during the last 18 years.

If you wish the agreement we made to have any chance of survival, you and FOTA must immediately rectify your actions. You must correct the false statements which have been made and make no further such statements. You yourself must issue a suitable correction and apology at your press conference this afternoon.

Formula 1 is run entirely by our 25-strong team without any help from me or any other outsider. There was no need for me to involve myself further in Formula 1 once we had a settlement. Equally, I had a long-standing plan not to seek re-election in October. It was therefore possible for me to confirm both points to you yesterday.

However, given your and FOTA's deliberate attempt to mislead the media, I now consider my options open. At least until October, I am president of the FIA with the full authority of that office. After that it is the FIA member clubs, not you or FOTA, who will decide on the future leadership of the FIA.

Your sincerely
Max Mosley
Old 28th June 2009, 11:54   #128
Senior - BHPian

No honestly, how many of us actually thought it was over? It was never over till Mosley got his retirement gifts...
Old 30th June 2009, 14:26   #129
Senior - BHPian

Arre what the hell? Now he's thinking of running again. Like someone said on a different forum, Max Mosley is like the Saddam Hussein of the international racing scene. People are scared to go against him in the fear of being killed by him.
Old 30th June 2009, 14:52   #130
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Old Max is up to his old tricks again.

On a serious note, I for one did think that this has finally ended but now everything has been turned on its head again.
Old 30th June 2009, 15:14   #131
Senior - BHPian

Breakaway series is the only solution!

Thats the only way Dictator Max & Greedy Buffoon Bernie can be kicked out of the sport!
Old 30th June 2009, 15:18   #132
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Breakaway series is the only solution!
I hope this doesn't happen. Will be very sad for the sport.
Old 30th June 2009, 16:03   #133
BANNED

Well Fuhrer Max is bad to his old tricks!!

The word Queen in the British anthem should now become Mad max!!
Old 30th June 2009, 16:37   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
I hope this doesn't happen. Will be very sad for the sport.
Otherwise we will be seeing off a good sport being washed away from the calendar just because of Two Greedy Men!

All I want is the hardcore racing... I dont really mind if they call it F1 or FOTA1!
Old 30th June 2009, 16:42   #135
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
All I want is the hardcore racing... I dont really mind if they call it F1 or FOTA1!
and so do most F1 fans. It's hard to believe that it is hitting a deadlock again. Both Max and Bernie need to be

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks