Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2005, 10:37   #16
Senior - BHPian

hah ..somehow i dont like alonso all of a sudden either ...

---Raikkonen and McLaren Mercedes---

"The team discussed with him but he said he could cope and we jointly decided to go for the win," said Dennis. "The phenomenal vibration overloaded some suspension component but I discussed it with Kimi after the race and he is comfortable that we took the right decision. Understandably the whole team has a strong sense of disappointment but we all decided to go for the win and no member in the team, including Kimi, regrets the decision that we made." (f1-live.com)

looking forward to see kimi all fired up in Montreal ..
Old 30th May 2005, 10:40   #17
Senior - BHPian

man firstly i could not watch the whole race as had to go with family to the forum for shoping. luckily they have a big screen there and got glimpses of it till lap 50 then i just stayed there and......
man ICE needed to win he deserved every bit of it.
Old 30th May 2005, 10:48   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishaltanksale
Not sure if anyone agrees to me, but i want to see F1 back to what it was, no matter if Schumi or Ferrari dominates
I'd rather sulk about the Kimi crash than to watch another Ferrari dominance...

Nobody likes changes ..but one still has to accomodate ...
Survival is all about dealing with changes ..only a superior team with the perfect setup under the new rules will dominate ..these are still early days of the 2005 championship .. Teams are all quite there ...for example Ferrari finally showed us some sign of a comeback and Red Bull had some good pace aswell DC had a certain Podium if he didnt pit .. Imagine a Ferrari comeback ,which they are certainly capable of...wouldnt that be exciting ?

I know we all love our drivers ..( i hate schumi) but hey is our passion for the drivers ? or the Race ??
Old 30th May 2005, 11:01   #19
Team-BHP Support

damn good race.. but sad that bloody suspension let go or would have been a fun fun last lap
Old 30th May 2005, 11:10   #20
BANNED

Loved the race till 58 but then Suspension failed.. damn these F1 cars are more unreliable then mercs in India..

But lucky Button he just got saved by millimeters..thats all cause his car has got lucky strike.. LOL.. Though i am also a Kimi fan there is no use crying over spilt milk..

Alonso looked so excited showing 4 on his hands.. damn i want him to lose all races.. from now.. hate That STUPID Flavia..
Old 30th May 2005, 12:13   #21
BHPian

The tyre rule really sucks hope they reconsider it. Hated the way Alonso celebrated after the win when Kimi had retired.
Hakkinen had ran out of fuel on the last lap in spain when Shuey won!
Old 30th May 2005, 12:16   #22
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Hakkinen had ran out of fuel on the last lap in spain when Shuey won![/quote]

hakinne clutch had exploded on last lap in spain

alonso and briatore 2 people in F1 without spirit right now
they way they were jumping around and celebrating was totally ridiculous

hopw they dont win either constructors or drivers championship this year
Old 30th May 2005, 12:16   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raihan
Hakkinen had ran out of fuel on the last lap in spain when Shuey won!
That was mistake on the part of Mclearn team stratergy..so cant blame FIA for that
Old 30th May 2005, 12:17   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
damn these F1 cars are more unreliable then mercs in India
I wouldn't say that, they are very reliable considering the fact that they are running at 19000 rpm without problems.

Imagine taking an Accord or Octavia RS on the Mumbai-Pune Expressway at about 160+ with a tyre wobbling. What do you think would happen to you?!

Last edited by Gordon : 30th May 2005 at 12:22.
Old 30th May 2005, 12:27   #25
Senior - BHPian

As a McLaren fan yesterdays GP was heartbreaking
But to be honest you can not blame Alonso for celebrating his win,
cause it was alonso who was forcing Kimi to push the car to limit hence resulting in Kimi going out so it was work done by Alonso which earned him win & there is nothing wrong with him celebrating his 4th win this season

@vishaltanksale : its wasn't McLaren & Hakkinen fault rather he faced technical problems
Old 30th May 2005, 12:29   #26
BHPian

Yeah that comment abt the reliability is weird....in case he was serious ...:-)

Anyways what an eventful race!
Superb start by Montoya only to get rammed into by Webber ....he was already in P3 at that point....Michael got delayed and I think had a good race to end in 5th

very very sad abt Kimi's suspension/tyre trouble and if only it had stayed together for 3 more miles...thats life though and thats F1 !
Alonso well and truly in the lead of the championship now...32 pts is too big a lead to overhaul (with the new points system)

Montoya ihas had serious bad luck in the 3 races back..hopefully he and Kimi will both get the luck from now on.

Alonso almost seems destined to win this title....and I thought his celebrations were a bit too crass when he was actually morally beaten!

Rubens finally got a podium and Heidfeld continued his good run too
NK did ok, best was when he kept Villeneuve behind for some laps!
Old 30th May 2005, 12:41   #27
BANNED

Gordon buddy i was kiddin and you know that..
Old 30th May 2005, 13:02   #28
BHPian

although am a ferrari fan, it was very sad to see kimis tyres wobbling and getting him out in the last damn lap.I really felt bad about it..Happy to see ferrari on the race again..
Old 30th May 2005, 13:10   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrishn
Problem was not with the tyres or suspension. But with the way, kimi was driving the car.
i think that is a bit to unfair and harsh to say that it was kimi's fault...he did his best, the team had a very nice stratergy but the fia is to blame for bringing out this absurd rule....doesnt make any sense..it is just endangering the drivers....bottom kimi ruzz.....Long live Mclaren...and hopefully we dont see schumi on the podium for a long time....
Old 30th May 2005, 13:22   #30
Senior - BHPian

its early days still ..i woudnt bet on alonso winning the championship yet ..specially with the kind of pace ferrari had ... Williams if consistent with their car is a certain threat ..

Alonso certainly seems to have lost a lot of his fans ..
and the Indian motorsport Icon ...what the hell was the fool doing ?
Least he can do to secure a F-1 career is out perform his team mate and he's far from that ..

Shrikar - its was Mclaren and Kimis joint decision to continue racing with the wobbly tire .. they decided to go for the win and not 3rd place ... i have posted the Media clip ,if u scroll down ..

Last edited by turbo_lover : 30th May 2005 at 13:24.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed