Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2005, 13:32   #31
Senior - BHPian

Ferrari scored some points in the race, but it still doesn't seem to be very competitive when compared with Renault, BMW and McLaren. Except last few laps, Schumi seemed to be more content on picking up points than going all out in attack. In fact, Barichello was pushing harder than him all the time. May be Bridgestones are still lagging far behind.

Kimi tried too hard and paid price for it. Especially that run through gravel cost him dearly.
Old 30th May 2005, 13:44   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135
Especially that run through gravel cost him dearly.
Yes. Thats the point every one is missing. His two gravel run where showed for such a brief moment, think people didnt notice it. After gaining such a huge lead, he could have cooled down...
Old 30th May 2005, 13:52   #33
Senior - BHPian

yah so did alonso but he wasnt under pressure ..
kimi was under continuous pressure from the charging Heifeld .. the williams was looking much quicker ,he had to maintain a good lead ..with the tires almost bald it was something bound to happen ..

but the flat spotting did the damage eventually on the suspension...
Old 30th May 2005, 17:19   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCARLET
It was a good race
wonder what would have happened if not MS going to the back of the filed in corner 1
good racing
ferrari seems to be fighting slowly

the worst part was seeing alonso celebrating the way he did after kimi went out last lap
remember MS when mika went out last lap in spain due to some clutch problem
there was no sports man spirit shown from alonso ,,,,,,,, did not like his attitude one bit
i definitely dont want alonso to be world champion ,,,,,,,, he still has a lot to learn ,,,, first thing RESPECT
Hey Scarlet I don't see anything wrong in Alonso's attitude and what did mean he did not show sportsman spirit and what do you expect him to do, shouldn't he celebrate his victory and anybody else in that position would have done the same thing, even if it was Kimi. I think it was purely over confidence shown from Kimi and the team and they had to pay the price.
Old 30th May 2005, 17:32   #35
Senior - BHPian

it was not over confidence from Kimi's behalf ..

it was a calculated risk which was decided by Kimi and Mclaren pit ... a risk for which they paid heavily no dbout ...you can call it an aggressive move by Mclaren since they did not back off and settle for 3rd position ; based on their knowledge of the car's characteristics and did so because they could not afford to hand eventual winner Alonso the victory.
Old 30th May 2005, 17:40   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_lover
it was not over confidence from Kimi's behalf ..

it was a calculated risk which was decided by Kimi and Mclaren pit ... a risk for which they paid heavily no dbout ...you can call it an aggressive move by Mclaren since they did not back off and settle for 3rd position ; based on their knowledge of the car's characteristics and did so because they could not afford to hand eventual winner Alonso the victory.
also funny part is that *IF* McLaren would have won everyone would have said that it was great thing that McLaren did keeping kimi out but all would have been said AFTER THE RACE
its real hard to take such decision at that moment
BTW few people in pits seems to back McLaren decision
Old 30th May 2005, 17:47   #37
Senior - BHPian

apparently the Pit to Car radio was on this issue since the last 15 laps of the race ..Kimi raced hard for 15 laps wid blurred vision due to the vibrations ..
which was sometime after kimi flat spotted his right tyre trying to pass villenueve..

so it wasnt an at the moment decision ...the tyre and the vibration levels were read and it was just a matter of the car holding up on for those final 4 kilometres ..
they wanted to win not score ..
Old 31st May 2005, 03:59   #38
Senior - BHPian

Its absolutely devastating to say the least.Kimi drove so well,everything seemed so perfect for the Mclarens with Kimi 1st and Monty 8th.But it was all ruined in the last lap.I was so happy that he could reach the last lap,and was hoping that he crosses the chequered flag when this happened.Hell,he deserved it.

X
Old 31st May 2005, 09:44   #39
Senior - BHPian

We just witnessed the diff between a fast driver and a good one. Kimi is a fast driver but, he still needs to learn a lot about saving his tyres.

All his wins have been dominating this season but, i'd like to believe he was lucky that nothing went wrong for him on those ocassions.

Shan2nu
Old 31st May 2005, 11:58   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu
We just witnessed the diff between a fast driver and a good one.
That is what F1 should be ...fast !!!
Viewers like me want to see those machine run fast and just fast. Not interested in seeing tyres to last for 30-40 laps while running over 200 MPH.
There are already discussion / arguments started on new tyre rules (comments from Mclearn and Williams heads) and hope they scrap this also like they did for complicated qualifying rules

Vishal
Old 31st May 2005, 12:03   #41
Awaiting Email Confirmation

the best thing for F1 right now is
introduce normal 1 hour qualifying with 12 laps per driver
this should not be with race fuel and stuff
the fastest cars will start first
the race stratergy will show which team thinks better
allow trye changes as before

how can we forget MS doing a 4 stop stratergy to beat alonso last season wasnt that an awesome stratergy, try that now and you finish last

F1 is engineering at its best, no piont making rules and slowing the sport down,
Old 31st May 2005, 12:04   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That is what F1 should be ...fast !!!
Officials don't seem to think so. First there were the 1.5 ltr monster, pushing out 1000-1300+bhp.

The present cars are much slower than those beasts. And i think we're gonna see them go even slower after the 2.5 V8 rule comes in.

Frankly, i just want to see some real on track action. Speed is 2ndry. Look at MotoGP, those guys run atleast 20secs slower than the F1 cars (per lap) but, it's still a pleasure watching them battle it out. they average at 155kmph where as F1 cars can average upto 225+kmph.

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 31st May 2005 at 12:07.
Old 31st May 2005, 12:29   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu
Look at MotoGP, those guys run atleast 20secs slower than the F1 cars (per lap)
That is exactly my point...you have MotoGP where you show realibility of the car and all eng. great. Why have F1 on similar way..F1 for me shear speed...sit back n njoy SPEED !!!!
Old 31st May 2005, 12:44   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That is exactly my point...you have MotoGP where you show realibility of the car and all eng. great. Why have F1 on similar way..F1 for me shear speed...sit back n njoy SPEED !!!!
If you want fast cars. Watch Indy 500. 230+mph for over 200 laps. Nothing even comes close. Their average speed is the top speed of F1 cars but, it's still boring to me.

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 31st May 2005 at 12:46.
Old 31st May 2005, 12:50   #45
Senior - BHPian

For me, Indycar is the most boring race on earth. All you have is cars running at 350kmph around an aerodrum kind of track with no twists and turns. Fast? Yes! Sheer speed? Yes! Dangerous? umm...Yes! Boring? Very much

Bottomline: F-1 rules!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks