Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2005, 20:26   #1
Senior - BHPian

F-1 Nurburgring ? *** happpend ?

I am starting a thread to express my frustration ..WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF just happened today ??????
I am just sooooooo mad ...Raikonnen deserved that win and so did Mclaren ... and Alonso scavenged those 10 points ...i was loving the race till the 58th lap ...
Alonso has got his much needed victory ,that too in a race where kimi went Hero to Zero... Mclaren is so out of it now ...

any kimi fans ...cry with me ...
Old 29th May 2005, 20:46   #2
BHPian

my sentiments are there with you buddy!!! just one freaking lap, 10 points down the drain...i have no words right now!!! im just shocked....i would have been a hat-trick......damn...
Old 29th May 2005, 21:36   #3
BHPian

The race just felt unbearable to watch after that darned incident. Everything seemed right on track. Even if Alonso would've gained a second in the last lap he would've theoretically not gone ahead of Raikonnen. I know it seems wrong, but Alonso just seemed too overjoyed for something that he wouldn't have won hadn't it been for Raikonnen's bad bad luck. I was feeling that Alonso will most definitely take the world title and now this just takes him more and more closer.
Old 29th May 2005, 22:01   #4
BHPian

What musta happened in the garage/ pit lane after that freaking suspension failure ???? Anyways - Bad Luck to KIMI boy and Good strategy to pressurise McLaren team by Alonso -- pretty mean though -- great race to watch after so many days - absolutely fantastic ( even without schumi in first 3, F1 keeps on getting interesting - sorry guys i am a die hard schumi fan )
Old 29th May 2005, 22:15   #5
Senior - BHPian

yeah it was really sad to see kimi lose out like that, and alonso gettin the victory again..but i'm still happy that Ferrari is back, and schumi looks very good compared to the other races in this season. He would have had a better position if he had not been stuck in the accident in the 1st lap..

Anyway, my concerns go out to Kimi and McLaren, who lead from start to..umm, almost the end
Old 29th May 2005, 23:47   #6
Senior - BHPian

Raikkonen. P1. Wobbly Tyre. Controlling and bearinf it till its limits. Last lap. BANG! Has happened before, has happened again. Both times with McLaren!

It was very sad what happened with Raikkonen. This has happened earlier with McLaren when Hakkinen was leading a GP and in the last lap he had some technical failure. Michael Schumacher won that race.

Noticed the gap between Raikkonen and Button?!? It was soooooooooo close. The accident would've been worse if he'd slammed into Button's Honda.

Last edited by Gordon : 29th May 2005 at 23:56.
Old 30th May 2005, 00:10   #7
BHPian

I am a bit too frustrated with FIA, the governing body of F1. I think the one tyre rule is totally absurd and to top it, the rule that the tyre can't be replaced untill and unless you have a flat is a recipe for disaster.

I think the cost cutting measures are a bit too preposterous and i hope it does not compromise the safety of the drivers. The last thing formula 1 needs is a repeat of the Ayrton Senna incident.

The way the race was heading in the last few laps with Raikkonen's car vibrating so much, I knew it would end the way it did. I just can't contemplate the state of mind Raikkonen would have been, knowing fully well that his tyre or the suspension would give-way and on the other hand knowing that he cant replace the tyre. Is FIA trying to get more of the wrong publicity by killing someone? I honestly think the people at FIA have lost their brains. Imagine the outcome of a tyre blast at 335 kmph at the Indianapolis circuit. I hope FIA changes the rule, so that you can replace the tyre when something goes wrong with the tyre during the race and not just a puncture.
Old 30th May 2005, 00:14   #8
Senior - BHPian

yah well .. after drinking more wine than my dad i am still not over it ..
but ,must agree the race was eventful right from the start to finish (arghhhhhh)

yeah ...and the ferraris were for the first time this season looking confident and showed some good pace .. the battles not over yet for 2005 thats for sure ..

and what about Red Bull ??? DC entertained us with some great driving in the Cosworth powered Red Bull ..

Gordon - yeah buttons tail was a close one ... but at that moment i'd wish kimi took out every car in sight along with himself ...the shock was unbearable ..i so mean it ! ..
Old 30th May 2005, 00:24   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
yeah ...and the ferraris were for the first time this season looking confident and showed some good pace .. the battles not over yet for 2005 thats for sure ..
Just when[ever] Barrichello's oppurtunities were brightnening, he was called in the pit. Nick Heidfeld also suffered the same fate, but he finished a superb 2nd.

For once, I was happy and wanted Coulthard to finish in the podium. The poor guy was called in for a drive thru penalty when his chances were looking good. Red Bull are looking very powerful, and I think they should use their potential to the fullest because there is a possibility that they might not be soooo powerful next year.

And what was Narain doing?!? He was all over the track!! He almost took his partner out.

Tyre changes must be brought back. I guess its an integral part of a general race. At least one tyre change pit stop must be introduced.
Old 30th May 2005, 00:38   #10
BHPian

hey gordon just curious why do you say that red bull wont be as strong next year?
Old 30th May 2005, 00:57   #11
Senior - BHPian

man it was all about the tires... i found the new rule pretty S^(&... anyways did make the race very entertaining ...

i didnt like the no tire change rule one bit ..because of Kimi ofcourse ..altough i expected the Renaults to struggle since they had been fighting with the front end grip of the car all weekend ...
Old 30th May 2005, 08:54   #12
BHPian

Problem was not with the tyres or suspension. But with the way, kimi was driving the car.

One of the comentator was saying that Narain was driving the car by grabing its neck. Think kimi did similar thing. He was gained 20+ sec before the first pit stop. Gradually he lost the this entire lead. Because he was trashing his car too far too much. Result, 2 skid on gravel and lost time and who knows what damage to the car. I am a big fan of kimi. But not sure he can be called an "Iceman" yet...

And then, Narain is getting crappy with every passing race...
Old 30th May 2005, 09:36   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by byramshroff
hey gordon just curious why do you say that red bull wont be as strong next year?
I mentioned "there is a possibility that they might not be soooo powerful next year". Look at Ferrari, they were sooo powerful last year, and this year they are struggling for a podium finish, which they finally got. Red Bull is strong this year, and it should push itself to its limits. It has enough potential for a win this season. Next year, they MAY be struggling and will have a tough time. Jordan too was the same. They did exceptionally well in 1998-2000, but then they just got worse and worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_lover
i found the new rule pretty S^(&... anyways did make the race very entertaining ...
Well the new rule helped remove Ferrari from P1 and making F1 more entertaining. Problem is, its not there on the top at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrishn
Problem was not with the tyres or suspension. But with the way, kimi was driving the car.
No, I guess its also because of the first incident where he went into the gravel. I think he lost his barge board there [a ery important aerodynamic aspect]. Due to this the car was very difficult to control. He had to change his driving style resulting in that front-right tyre giving problems.
Old 30th May 2005, 10:17   #14
Awaiting Email Confirmation

It was a good race
wonder what would have happened if not MS going to the back of the filed in corner 1
good racing
ferrari seems to be fighting slowly

the worst part was seeing alonso celebrating the way he did after kimi went out last lap
remember MS when mika went out last lap in spain due to some clutch problem
there was no sports man spirit shown from alonso ,,,,,,,, did not like his attitude one bit
i definitely dont want alonso to be world champion ,,,,,,,, he still has a lot to learn ,,,, first thing RESPECT
Old 30th May 2005, 10:27   #15
BHPian

I agree with you Neo....
Yesterday's last few laps....looking at Kimi, I felt really sorry for FIA and not for Kimi.

For me this year is disaster for F1 with all the new rules. Well all those rules were set to take out Ferrari's dominance. But in doing that what they have done is....made F1 into car Rally like Maruti !!! (just kidding)
But seriously F1 is meant for speed, Power, excellence and Perfection and watching Kimi yesterday, could not see any of that.

I just hope FIA will reconsider all new rules (like they did for qualifying). No tyre change and use of same car for 2 races is just not the way I want to see F1 go.

Not sure if anyone agrees to me, but i want to see F1 back to what it was, no matter if Schumi or Ferrari dominates
Closed Thread

Most Viewed