Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2009, 11:55   #76
Senior - BHPian

Yes BrawnGP is doing great, no doubt about that. And this season just started and there's still a long way to go. You can't be sure who will be on top after 10races from now can you??

I really doubt any of the current drivers will move to BrawnGP just cuz they SEEM to be the best right now. Last season it was all out between Ferrari and McLaren. Look where they are now!! This could happen with BrawnGP or any other team. They're doing good now, but you never know how long that streak will go. Thats F1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrohead View Post
Look at the stats from the last race weekend, 13 second lead. Its not just merely a diffuser that got them there. How far did the new ferrari go ? 50.8 secs behind ?
Every one around knows that the other teams need more time to catch up with BrawnGP. Those guys are still working on their car like all the other teams and that too in a very rapid pace. You got to admire the team for that.
Yes, they do. Thats the advantage BrawnGP had, a head start.

Ferrari's were no where until they quickly developed the DD for Spain after it was legalised. You could see they had the pace (lets not talk about the strategy here). They were capable for winning. So i would say, the guys making real rapid progress is Ferrari.

Last edited by karthik247 : 12th May 2009 at 12:03.
Old 12th May 2009, 13:15   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247 View Post
I really doubt any of the current drivers will move to BrawnGP just cuz they SEEM to be the best right now.
Ross Brawn has a history and lets not forget it. He was with Michael Schumacher since 1991 (Benetton team). 94 and 95 it won the drivers championship. 95 the constructors championship.

In 96 Brawn joined Ferrari with Schumacher. Again he was renowned for his race strategies as the team began to challenge for the championship from 1997, despite the superiority of the Williams cars that year and the McLarens from 1998 onwards. After these "rebuilding" years, he (as Ferrari technical director) helped Ferrari regain glory when the team won the Constructors' Championship in 1999, the first of six consecutive titles. The Brawn-guided Scuderia also powered Schumacher to five consecutive drivers' titles, from 2000 to 2004.

He has a reputation to maintain!
Old 12th May 2009, 13:34   #78
Senior - BHPian

What a disappointing weekend again from Ferrari!

BrawnGP as usual were setting the pace & it was interesting to see Rubens being played stupid to rob his place for Button.

Quote:
Ross Brawn has a history and lets not forget it. He was with Michael Schumacher since 1991 (Benetton team). 94 and 95 it won the drivers championship. 95 the constructors championship.

In 96 Brawn joined Ferrari with Schumacher. Again he was renowned for his race strategies as the team began to challenge for the championship from 1997, despite the superiority of the Williams cars that year and the McLarens from 1998 onwards. After these "rebuilding" years, he (as Ferrari technical director) helped Ferrari regain glory when the team won the Constructors' Championship in 1999, the first of six consecutive titles. The Brawn-guided Scuderia also powered Schumacher to five consecutive drivers' titles, from 2000 to 2004.

He has a reputation to maintain!
Lets not forget the joint effort in Ferrari's long victories from Jean Todt, Michael & Brawn. Brawn is a great strategist there is no doubt it, but he is not Newey. The team worked to victory only because they had all these 3 greats in one team! Todt managed the team well through crisis, Brawn with his mind blowing strategies & Michael with his driving skills.

The Ex-Honda team did a great job in getting the BrawnGP ready for a title race. Lets not forget that they had almost a full season to develop their 2009 car. There is no doubt they had more time to explore many things around the 2009 Spec car. If there was no inseason testing ban I am sure most teams would have caught BrawnGP by now and would have enjoyed the classis Ferrari Vs Mclaren fight.

Still, many teams are catching them up only with the intermediate European updates on their cars. The BrawnGP domination may not live longer.

The Redbull is a serious contender for BrawnGP and when Newey gets his DDD version for Monaco, Vettel is going to pull up the challenge for BrawnGP. And we might be discussing here about a RedBull domination from Monaco.
Old 12th May 2009, 18:27   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
The Redbull is a serious contender for BrawnGP and when Newey gets his DDD version for Monaco, Vettel is going to pull up the challenge for BrawnGP. And we might be discussing here about a RedBull domination from Monaco.
Just to add up, this is a video of Vettel explaining the changes in the RB5. (Most of you might have already seen this)

Old 12th May 2009, 22:46   #80
Senior - BHPian

Ferrari's statement in full - Planet-F1 News - from planet-f1.com

Great job from Bernie & Max! Thanks to them, this might be my last year with F1 if Ferrari gets out.
Old 13th May 2009, 13:29   #81
Senior - BHPian

can someone tell me what this is ?
Attached Thumbnails
F1 Barcelona 2009 - Has the Prancing horse awaken from its deep slumber-52522_0.jpg  

Old 15th May 2009, 01:20   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jraj View Post
Mpower,whats so disgusting about Ross's trick?With RB being on 3 stopper,he had a lighter car and before his final stop he needed to be 22 seconds ahead of Button.If he couldnt manage that,then its his fault as Ross correctly said.
thats the whole point. two stops is best strategy for this track and both Brawn drivers were on 2 stoppers. They switched Rubens to a 3 stopper to deliberately slow him down.
later they lied that Rubens was always planned to be on a 3 stopper.
Old 16th May 2009, 23:36   #83
Senior - BHPian

MAY 15.. This is a double-interview with Kimi Raikkonen and Lewis Hamilton;

Q. Where will you be in 10 years?
KR: I dunno, I mean I'll have nothing to do with Formula One, so maybe do some motorsports for fun, and have a family probably.
LH: Still racing I guess.

Q. The best thing about F1?
KR: Driving
LH: Driving

Q. The worst?
KR: Probably the PR stuff!
LH: There is no worst.

Q. Favourite colour?
KR: Black
LH: Purple

Q. Favourite circuit?
KR: Spa
LH: Monaco

Q. Your job is...
KR: It's my passion, it's also my work, it's what I like.
LH: The best

Q. Spain is...
KR: A nice place, I've been many times in Spain in racing and testing.
LH: Beautiful

Q. Beach or mountains?
KR: Mountains
LH: Beach

Q. 2nd place is?
KR: Losing.
LH: An achievement

Q. Fernando Alonso.
KR: Double world champion! He's a very nice guy, very straightforward
LH: Perfectionist

Q. Speak Spanish?
KR: Ah...not really, no!
LH: I don't know...Ola!....Gracias. Olas amigos?
Old 17th May 2009, 06:25   #84
Senior - BHPian

The Kimi & Hamilton interview on youtube

Why not Star Sports feature something like this rather than hearing loads of trash from Steve Slater during the Chequered flag on race weekends!?
Old 17th May 2009, 13:38   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Q. 2nd place is?
KR: Losing.
LH: An achievement
Not surprised to see Kimi's answer. But I can't believe Lewis thinks 2nd place is an achievement. What happened to the racer in Lewis?

Quote:
Why not Star Sports feature something like this rather than hearing loads of trash from Steve Slater during the Chequered flag on race weekends!?
You have high hopes from star sports.
Formula one for them is just another sport happening somewhere.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks