Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2009, 12:12   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Somehow I cant accept Red Bulls and Brawns in the front.Im not sure if KERS has helped them,or if Mclaren and Ferrari are missing something elementary.They just dont have straight line speeds as they had before.
BrawnGP and Red Bull Racing DO NOT have KERS. The only teams still running the KERS are Ferrari and McLaren.

BMW were also running KERS but abandoned it since the last race in Spain.
Old 14th May 2009, 12:37   #17
BHPian

How can we forget Sutil's performance in Monaco last year? The weather was bad, and he was going fourth till Kimi rammed into his car. So maybe the car AND the driver still have a chance this year. After all, it's not an easy track to begin with.
Old 14th May 2009, 13:40   #18
Senior - BHPian

Sutil is a good driver and force india have now started showing signs of progress ,its just that they dont seem to have any luck.
I wish them all the best for the next race and the rest of the season.
Come On get in the top 8 FORCE INDIA!!
Old 14th May 2009, 14:00   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Once when i was flying from Gemrnay to France,I had Sebastian vettel checkin at Ryan Air Counter.I was surprised and approached him to ask,if doesnt get sponsored to fly in a pvt jet.To my astonishment he said" We are not Schumachers".
Give him few years, he will be the in the same league

Quote:
Originally Posted by cargirl View Post
How can we forget Sutil's performance in Monaco last year? The weather was bad, and he was going fourth till Kimi rammed into his car. So maybe the car AND the driver still have a chance this year. After all, it's not an easy track to begin with.
That was a heartbreaking moment. Hope both Kimi and Sutil get good results this time.
Monaco is probably the best chance for Force India to get into points. Safety car is almost a certainty, all they need is some good fortune.
Old 14th May 2009, 14:24   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247 View Post
Now this being a very tight track, IMO cars with KERS should be having the advantage of the extra 90 odd horses to accelerate out of the corners.
Aah! Its already that time of the year!
Never liked the circuit but then thats me.

Are you sure that KERS will be an advantag? Here you dont have long straights nor is the rundown from the start finish long enough to benefit the KERS equipped cars. Remember KERS comes into place only after 100 KMPH.

But I hope that Ferrari have a much better weekend. Their pace has improved, the only question marks are on its reliability.
Old 14th May 2009, 14:52   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
But I hope that Ferrari have a much better weekend. Their pace has improved, the only question marks are on its reliability.

You have hit the nail on the head- reliability is the keyword here. I hope that Ferrari does well too, but Kimi is looking completely dazed and lost these days, so my mind tells me otherwise.

I think this track will really test Sutil again, and with the right attitude and luck (we know he already has the skill), I'm crossing my fingers we bag some much-needed points here.
Old 14th May 2009, 14:55   #22
Senior - BHPian

The KERS might help cars in getting quit split of power to exit corners quickly. And this is an advantage only during Qualifying!

Otherwise I dont see an advantage from the KERS on the start or through the track.

Redbull should be getting their version of the DDD in Monaco. Will be interesting to see who is going to dominate through the season!
Old 14th May 2009, 15:01   #23
Senior - BHPian

KERS can be used on the cars after 80kmph, and these cars probably do that in under 1.5secs. It will come in handy while exiting the corners and that extra boost may help to pull away.

So it would not only help in qualifying, but also in the race IMO.
Old 14th May 2009, 15:33   #24
BHPian

Yes I do think, there are a couple of places where KERS might be very handy in Monaco - the start/finish line and the swimming pool complex.
Old 14th May 2009, 15:37   #25
HKS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
You dont need too much downforce here since its a tight track.
Exactly, its a tight track. You need more downforce, to go faster through the corners.
Old 14th May 2009, 16:25   #26
Senior - BHPian

KERS will not not do anything in the actual race. This track is a very tight one and there is absolutely no room for overtaking. We have in the past seen umpteen number of instances where faster cars have been stuck behind slower ones because there is no place to overtake.

KERS might get a driver out of a corner faster but it will not help him overtake a slower car in front. Especially in Monaco & Singapore. I think even Ferrari & McLaren might decide against using it for the Monaco weekend as it will only be extra weight on the car without giving the car any competitive advantage.

But this is my opinion only.

Last edited by vikram_d : 14th May 2009 at 16:27.
Old 14th May 2009, 16:29   #27
HKS
BHPian

Quote:
Unfortunately, even if Sutil would hvae finished the rcae 4th, he would have be fined for overtaking the cars under yellow flag and he won't have got the 4th position points.
Old 14th May 2009, 19:43   #28
Senior - BHPian

ferrari team principal to consider his position.

Stefano Domenicali has admitted he would consider his position as Ferrari Team Principal if he thought it would pull the Italian team out of its crisis.

Despite a technical step forward in Barcelona, only Williams, Toro Rosso and Force India sit lower than the reigning constructors' champions in the 2009 standings, following more strategic and reliability issues at the weekend.

F1 Chief Executive Bernie Ecclestone mused in Barcelona that the team's new top management is the problem.

"I think with (Jean) Todt gone, we've gone a little bit back to the way it was before Todt went there," said the Briton, always keen to jump on any particular bandwagon.

And when asked about Felipe Massa running out of fuel at the end of the Spanish Grand Prix, Renault team boss Flavio Briatore told Spain's AS newspaper while laughing: "Fortunately I am not the head of Ferrari!"

Massa’s woes allowed the struggling Alonso to inherit fifth position in the leading Renault.

Quoted by the German broadcaster RTL, Domenicali commented: "I do not think I'm the problem. But if necessary, I would make room."

Read it another forum
Old 14th May 2009, 22:14   #29
BHPian

Quote:
You have hit the nail on the head- reliability is the keyword here. I hope that Ferrari does well too, but Kimi is looking completely dazed and lost these days, so my mind tells me otherwise.
Bad luck for the iceman. He will come up this season ( fingers crossed ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Redbull should be getting their version of the DDD in Monaco. Will be interesting to see who is going to dominate through the season!
RB is a very potential competitor for Brawn. I just want to see some one get Button off the podium.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
The KERS might help cars in getting quit split of power to exit corners quickly. And this is an advantage only during Qualifying!
Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247 View Post
KERS can be used on the cars after 80kmph, and these cars probably do that in under 1.5secs. It will come in handy while exiting the corners and that extra boost may help to pull away.
KERS have limited potential in wet tracks right ? Without much grip, if you use KERS, there might be a chance to spin off right ? Was just curious out of less knowledge.

The very good place to use KERS is before the 1st corner to get the lead, after that running a heavy car does have disadvantages.

--

F1 2009 - Monaco GP-1.jpg

"Mallya charm" the style quotient of Force India!

Ferrari moments from Monaco 2008!

F1 2009 - Monaco GP-3.jpg
F1 2009 - Monaco GP-4.jpg
F1 2009 - Monaco GP-5.jpg

Last edited by petrohead : 14th May 2009 at 22:15. Reason: Typing mistake
Old 14th May 2009, 22:21   #30
Senior - BHPian

If its a wet race, you can't really predict anything, that too in a circuit like Monaco. Its all down to luck and strategy if the heavens open up..

Ferrari better send both their cars onto the track and keep posting times till each session ends so that they don't goof up like before.

Most Viewed