Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2009, 19:23   #46
Senior - BHPian

Finally a Kimi has a front row start. Hopefully the car is reliable and the KERS does what it has to. If so, then Kimi could challenge Jenson for Turn 1. Not a good weekend for Hamilton right now. That was a bad hit. The Vettel boy as usual awesome for the second row.

Stage is set for an exciting race tomorrow. If its the usual, I see Button winning again but I hope its a Ferrari this time.
Old 23rd May 2009, 21:21   #47
Senior - BHPian

Finally.... a Ferrari on the front row. Good to see the F60B is working well and hope it does just that in the race tomorrow.
Old 23rd May 2009, 21:38   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247 View Post
Finally.... a Ferrari on the front row. Good to see the F60B is working well and hope it does just that in the race tomorrow.
Kimi in front row!
That's great news! I just hope Sun Direct does not let me down tomorrow during the race!
Old 23rd May 2009, 21:49   #49
Team-BHP Support

Practice times said Alonso and I was feeling happy. Sadly, he fell short during qualifying. With Hamilton down in 16th it dosen't look like I'm gonna be too happy at the end of tomorrow's race either. My money's on Button.
Old 23rd May 2009, 22:12   #50
BHPian

If KERS can help Kimi to get ahead of Button at the first corner, it will be hard to overtake a KERS equipped car in Monoco.

KERS system will be most useful in Monoco then on any other track.

I can see both the Ferraris on podium tomorrow.

Hehehe... Chilll guys... I know I am a FERRARI fan.
Old 23rd May 2009, 22:43   #51
BHPian

is there a rain prediction for morrow - if its a wet race it could go anyways i'd want it to go the ferrari way though !

Last edited by jassi : 23rd May 2009 at 22:49.
Old 23rd May 2009, 22:48   #52
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic qulaifying as usual at Monte Carlo streets and again Button proved he means business this year.
I cant say anything on LH...sad crash and dismal position on the grid.
Old 24th May 2009, 10:47   #53
BHPian

Kimi Raikkonen is the danger man for Jenson Button! In recent races we’ve seen Vettel struggle after getting stuck behind KERS-equipped cars. With Kimi starting on the front row, its all up to the Ferrari driver do to Button what Massa did to Vettel two weeks ago. From second on the grid and with KERS power to rely on, Kimi has an excellent chance of getting past Jenson Button at the start.

If Raikkonen can’t make it through at the first bend, KERS could give him a second try at the chicane in front of the harbour. Merely being able to force Button to defend here could be enough to get the job done - if Button runs wide and cuts the chicane, he will have to surrender the position.

Quote:
I’m only interested in winning, so I have nothing really to lose. OK, the team needs points but in the end they are happier with a win than just some points. We’re not really in the championship.
Kimi Raikkonen
Quote:
The first lap of the race is always exciting for us all. If there is a car that can overtake us it will for sure be a car with KERS. There are a couple of places on the circuit where there is always that possibility.
Jenson Button
Old 24th May 2009, 10:53   #54
Senior - BHPian

My fingers are crossed for Kimi today. Hope the car shows its reliability this afternoon and hopefully the curse of the KERS is gone. The first corner is going to be exciting to watch.
Old 24th May 2009, 11:31   #55

Ferrari are back!!! Can't wait to see Kimi and Ferrari get back to their winning ways again..Its surely going to be an awesome race. Expect some Safety car periods...
People to watch: Kimi, Vettel and the hotheads Massa and Hamilton...
Old 24th May 2009, 12:09   #56
HKS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubby View Post
If KERS can help Kimi to get ahead of Button at the first corner, it will be hard to overtake a KERS equipped car in Monoco.

KERS system will be most useful in Monoco then on any other track.

I can see both the Ferraris on podium tomorrow.

Hehehe... Chilll guys... I know I am a FERRARI fan.
KERS starts working only after a speed of 80kms, and talking about overtaking in Monaco thats almost impossible, but the KERS equipped cars will brake earlier so the chance of coming closer increases.
Old 24th May 2009, 17:37   #57
BHPian

pathetic start by ferraris and KERS ain't helping !!
Old 24th May 2009, 19:20   #58
BHPian

I have a cost saving proposition for FIA for the current season.Why dont they abandon current season and declare Jenson WDC. Saves millions for all the teams
Old 24th May 2009, 19:24   #59
Senior - BHPian

Boring race! for a change no safety car in Monaco.
Another 1-2 for Brawn. Ferrari 3-4. Championship point still eludes Force India. I was hoping Fisi would overtake Bourdais for 8th place.
Old 24th May 2009, 19:59   #60
BHPian

Good to see Ferrari making progress. Kimi could have got 2nd, that lame pitstop!

Most Viewed