Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2009, 13:08   #16
Senior - BHPian

Turkey has been the favourite circuit for Ferrari, and now Ferrari has regained the momentum too.
So I am expecting a Ferrari 1 & 2!
Old 28th May 2009, 14:43   #17
gpa
Senior - BHPian

With the mods and improved car, Ferrari will give the tifosi something to cheer about. I'm hoping they can outquality the Brawns and end with a 1-2 in the race.
Old 28th May 2009, 15:28   #18
Senior - BHPian

Fingers crossed for a Ferrari 1-2.

I am not sure if they can still fight for the WCC!
Old 28th May 2009, 15:33   #19
BHPian

What about Force India F1? Its being said that the Force India F1 car will be run with some additional upgrades to the exhaust package. I really love them to take some points in this race (fingers crossed)
Old 28th May 2009, 16:56   #20
BHPian

I hope the Ferrari's do well in Istanbul, but i think the Red Bulls will probably take the fight to the Brawns.

Suprising no ones had much to say about Williams signing up to next years season and being suspended from FOTA.
Old 28th May 2009, 21:17   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
I am not sure if they can still fight for the WCC!
No hopes for the WCC! Buttons way up ahead! So is the deal with the constructors championship.
Old 29th May 2009, 08:21   #22
Team-BHP Support

Brawn GP will have to be tragedy stricken from now on if Ferrari are to really make any impact on the championships. Both Button and Barrichello are way ahead at the moment. Even Red Bull will not just sit and be gobbled up. They have a superb driver in Vettel who they want to retain as long as possible. They will surely work hard to give him a better car.
Also, as far as attitude goes, Button and Vettel have impressed me the most. Raikkonen, Massa and, for that matter, Hamilton have not.

Last edited by Aditya : 29th May 2009 at 08:27.
Old 29th May 2009, 10:12   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Also, as far as attitude goes, Button and Vettel have impressed me the most. Raikkonen, Massa and, for that matter, Hamilton have not.
Aditya, did you really mean that?

The WDC is almost out of reach for the Ferrari boys. But, the WCC is something that can be fought for this season. And I am sure the team would never give up. Ferrari has improved by nearly a second in 4 weeks time. The team can fight till the end and that makes Ferrari really special .
Old 29th May 2009, 10:31   #24
Team-BHP Support

Yes I did. Lewis started off pretty fine, but, has dropped his guard since Bahrain. He dosen't have the best car and all I know, but, I feel he could have done better at both, Barcelona and Monaco.
No team gives up unless they become bankrupt. On the track, McLaren are just a one man army. Kovalainen is not doing enough.
Old 29th May 2009, 10:47   #25
BHPian

The lack of testing is seriously hampering the teams who were out-thought by the double-diffuser trio. If not for the testing ban, most of the top-rung teams would've caught up to, if not passed, Brawn-GP.

If 2009 is indeed the last year for Ferrari, I sure would want them to go out with a bang !

P.S. - Any news on which teams have (or have not) signed up for F1 2010 ?
Old 29th May 2009, 11:00   #26
Team-BHP Support

Williams (understandably) has signed up. That's all that has been confirmed. I do believe some solution will be worked out by today evening. Probably Toyota will be the only team to go out next year - that too due to the global slowdown.
Old 29th May 2009, 14:58   #27
BHPian

Sometimes this is hard to match. The best brain in the business and a resurgent driver. At the moment the ferrari's "brain power" is not matching brawn's. They should have taken him back when there was an opportunity.
Old 29th May 2009, 16:58   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by im_srini View Post
The lack of testing is seriously hampering the teams who were out-thought by the double-diffuser trio. If not for the testing ban, most of the top-rung teams would've caught up to, if not passed, Brawn-GP.

If 2009 is indeed the last year for Ferrari, I sure would want them to go out with a bang !

P.S. - Any news on which teams have (or have not) signed up for F1 2010 ?
If you analyze the standing in the WDC & WCC, you will see that the double diffuser trio are not occupying the positions 1 to 6 in the WDC (or 1 to 3 in the WCC) as expected. Only Brawn GP have been a runaway success among the DD trio.

In the WDC, the standings are as follows:
Button
Barrichello
Vettel
Webber
Trulli
Glock

In the WCC, the standings are as follows:
Brawn GP
Red Bull
Toyota

If the DD was indeed making a big impact, Brawn, Toyota & Williams should have been 1, 2 & 3 (in any order). But, Williams has lost out big time (their drivers are placed No. 11 & 20 in WDC while the team is placed 7th in WCC) while Toyota has had some success but not enough to make them No.2 behind Brawn GP. Red Bull have done really well even without a DD to be No. 2.

So, I guess that this really makes it clear that Brawn GP are winning not only because of the DD but there's something more to it. I can only remember one car that was seemingly better than this Brawn GP - it was Alonso's renault from 2005 & 2006
Old 29th May 2009, 18:11   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akrish01 View Post
Only Brawn GP have been a runaway success among the DD trio. If the DD was indeed making a big impact, Brawn, Toyota & Williams should have been 1, 2 & 3 (in any order).
Yes, this is true, its only Ross Brawn who's made the most of the new regulations. You just have to compare the front wings on the BGP-001 & the F60 to see how much more downforce Brawn's able to run with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akrish01 View Post
I can only remember one car that was seemingly better than this Brawn GP - it was Alonso's renault from 2005 & 2006
Statistically, the F2002 & the F2004 beat the R25 & R26 hands-down. In 2005 the MP4-20 was almost as good as the R25 & in 2006, the 248-F1 was, once again, almost as good as the R26.

F1 2009 : Turkish Grand Prix-f1_car_stats.jpg

But, judging by the momentum Brawn's got this year, the awesome statistics of the F2002 & F2004 could be overtaken ! :(

Last edited by im_srini : 29th May 2009 at 18:30.
Old 30th May 2009, 07:41   #30
HKS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
The Lap Record is basically the fastest time possible through the track. Possibly during the FPs or Qualifying or even during the race.

The fastest lap is what you see during a race!
Fastest Lap is the fastest lap in the 2008 race. And Montoya has set the fastest ever lap on the track.

Lets see how Ferrari goes about things. They should be using the double deck diffuser in Turkey.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks