Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2005, 01:27   #1
BHPian

Villeneuve Vs Narain

Jv doesnt scare F1's indian

(GMM) Jordan rookie Narain Karthikeyan is not afraid of a former world champion.

Not only did the Indian dare to take his Jordan wheel-to-wheel with Jacques Villeneuve at the Nurburgring, he has unashamedly vowed to do it again.

After their Jordan v. Sauber showdown in Germany, JV blasted: ''He fought like we were in go-karts. Relax.

''Whenever I tried a move he blocked me. It ruined my race.''

Villeneuve, the 34-year-old, then - reportedly - angrily confronted the rookie Karthikeyan.

But Narain defended himself in Montreal: ''I blocked maybe once on a straight, but he thinks differently. I was angry.''

Karthikeyan continued: ''You don't expect to be confronted like that. I'm here to race and I'll do the same next time.

''I thought I did the right thing and I still think so

"well narain definately made us proud of being indian"

text courtsy: f1 central
Old 11th June 2005, 01:50   #2
Team-BHP Support

JV just got a dose of his own medicine , so what is he complaing about ? way to go narain !

manson .
Old 11th June 2005, 02:00   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson
JV just got a dose of his own medicine , so what is he complaing about ? way to go narain !

manson .
It was fun watching JV all these years....but I guess it's time for him to retire and let the young blood compete
Old 11th June 2005, 14:30   #4
Senior - BHPian

Way to go, Narain !

Speaking of Villeneuve, he's pretty much a spent force - spends more time cribbing about his car, his team, his sponsors and his opponents than racing.

I hope Narain is able to repeat the feat and rub it into him....
Old 11th June 2005, 14:37   #5
Senior - BHPian

Narain has done a great job and and nothing wrong in it and it just shows JV's inability on the track. Way to go Narain.
Old 11th June 2005, 15:30   #6
Senior - BHPian

I've lost all my respect for Villeneuve this season. He is well known for his mind games. Now, the same things when done by others are affecting him seriously. Look at all the crap he is saying in the press about Sauber. Talking of age...He himself admitted that the only reason why he is so much slower than Massa is because youngsters like him are more comfortable with the technology in the car nowadays. As for the Narain issue, I support his views completely. No need to take crap from anyone. Just drive fast!!
Old 11th June 2005, 15:41   #7
Senior - BHPian

It''ll be great If NK can repeat the same on JV's home track in Canada this weekend.

Shan2nu
Old 11th June 2005, 21:20   #8
Senior - BHPian

If it happens again this weekend, what an insult for JV!! that too on a track that is dedicated to his father(??). It was racing that Narain was doing... he wasn't blocking Villeneuve, i mean, JV wasn't lapping him or something! Its really absurd for him to crib of such small an issue. JV is going down... his performance not upto the mark, not the JV we knew a few years ago...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks