Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2005, 14:06   #16
BHPian

damn, i didnt get to see the race case no star sports or espn in most of pune because the damn cable operator has not paid the fees for these channels
Old 13th June 2005, 14:14   #17
BANNED

Not Montys fault

Quote:
i think they should cancel his F1 superlicense and give him a license for a taxi.. or a bullock cart !
hahaaaaa
Firstly DC was one lap down and secondly.. he was not penalised for overtaking but jumping red signal..

Quote:
abe oye ..zabaan sambhaal ke

by the way it wasnot montoyas fault as team told him to go

red light is to be seen by team and not him so please stop getting over me
Old 13th June 2005, 14:18   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montoya
red light is to be seen by team and not him so please stop getting over me
Red light is supposed to be seen by the driver. The team will let him go from the pit stopping area. Just before the pit exit, there are lights. The red stop light was ON. He was supposed to stop at the exit till the light turns green. He should've seen it. He ignored it. Banned.
Old 13th June 2005, 14:20   #19
BANNED

But isint that teams concern to see whether the lights are green or red and then call him in or just call him to do stops i hate button he made me lose yesterday..
Old 13th June 2005, 14:21   #20
BHPian

KIMI KIMI KIMI !! Almost vice-versa of what happened in the last race when Kimi blew it and Alonso took the podium.
Old 13th June 2005, 14:30   #21
BANNED

Alonso derseves it.. he was going too high and pointing crazily with his hands that he won 4 races.. and i didnot like it.. i hope kimi wins this season
Old 13th June 2005, 15:01   #22
BHPian

This was to me the most enjoyable race of the season so far...
9 cars not finishing....and barricelo with a backup car starting from the pits...
ends up in third place...quite hilarious...i guess he gained 45 secs due to the SC...
And montoya desevered the black flag....it is not nice see another driver (DC) being bullied like that...

it sure is sad to watch a star fade....MS is not in his best/struggling...
and it is for everyone to see....just like sachin tendulkar...
A year ago, he would have smoked alonso (san mario) and kimi (montreal) from similar positions...
Old 13th June 2005, 15:07   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan
it sure is sad to watch a star fade....MS is not in his best/struggling...A year ago, he would have smoked alonso (san mario) and kimi (montreal) from similar positions...
Problem is more with the car and tyres than MS. Even today, he can smoke them from similar positions with more competitive car.
Old 13th June 2005, 15:11   #24
Senior - BHPian

The races are getting better and better. Well the rules did make a huge difference. I'm sure people are actually enjoying this, because it is not clear who is the dominant one.
Old 13th June 2005, 15:48   #25
Senior - BHPian

just loved the race cuz FERRARI were on TOP!! anyway the start was pretty stunning, the way those renaults kicked off and seeing schumi drop back. But anyway, just loved watchin Alonso retire hehehe, he deserves it. the last turn is were all the cars crashed, full drama over there!
Old 13th June 2005, 15:48   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon
The races are getting better and better. Well the rules did make a huge difference. I'm sure people are actually enjoying this, because it is not clear who is the dominant one.
The only change i'd like to see now is the qualifying format... i still feel it sucks.. The old format of 60 minutes, 12 laps per driver was amazing..

@Montoya: It is the driver who has to notice the red light at the pitlane. The team's job is to turn around the car as quickly as possible. JPM was a bit ignorant about the redlights and McLaren missed out on a 1-2 finish. Montoya doesn't seem to have the luck in the McLaren camp.

Quote:
The famous wall claimed many victims including Alonso and Button who again succumbed under Schumi pressure.
If my memory serves me right, JB kissed the wall coming through the final corner, just before the start finish line. It was only Alonso and NK who touched the famous wall.
Old 13th June 2005, 15:57   #27
Senior - BHPian

You should've seen Flavio's reactions when Alonso went out.
Poor Trulli, he had a good race too. Bad that he didn't get the podium or the finish.
Old 13th June 2005, 17:12   #28
Senior - BHPian

HAHAHA....loved to see Briatore's reaction after what he did at Nurburgring. So things are even now. What a season!!

Damn it!! Montoya just lost a winning race. The disqualification was way too harsh, IMO, considering that a certain schumacher was let scot free at Monaco for crossing the yeallow line.

But a MClaren won and i am sure Montoya will get his chance again...at Indy. As i had mentioned in another thread, Mclaren will fare better at Indy no matter what the result at Montreal.

Must have been a huge relief for Ferrari. But i wouldn't get too excited 'cos they set amazing pace at Imola (which is very similar to Montreal in its stop-and-go nature) and continued to struggle from there on.

BAR, well what can we say. The pole (by running light) must have been an attempt to silence the press who were pounding on them for their lack of pace (and points).

I was heavily surprised by Williams' lack of performance all weekend. And webber continued to make a jackass of himself. I am sure the result would not have done anything to improve the Williams and BMW relationship.

What the hell is NK upto nowadays? He has been outpaced and outfinished by his team-mate for 3 races now. For some reason, i think, he is not able to concentrate as much as he did in the first few races. Unless he can raise his game in the second part of the season, his future in F1 looks bleak and short.
Old 13th June 2005, 19:04   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montoya
Alonso derseves it.. he was going too high and pointing crazily with his hands that he won 4 races.. and i didnot like it.. i hope kimi wins this season
Why do you say that, its his way of expressing his joy, whether anybody likes it or not. Nothing wrong in it. Just because you are Kimi's fan you can't say others should not celebrate their victory.
Old 13th June 2005, 19:22   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Firstly DC was one lap down and secondly.. he was not penalised for overtaking but jumping red signal..
under a yellow flag u cant even overtake a backmarker
in the past.. other drivers have driven through the pit-lane when the light was red.. but havent been black flagged
( the standard penalty is a 10 second stop-go )
Quote:
Juan Pablo Montoya came to Canada knowing that he was already in the FIA’s bad books for what the governing body deemded a dangerous move during practice in Monaco - yet he left under the shadow of a black flag.

The FIA has made it clear that it intends to crack down hard on what it regards as being dangerous driving. Montoya was sent to the back of the grid in Monaco after the stewards decided that he had 'brake tested' Ralf Schumacher (slowing unexpectedly in front of him) during practice - causing an accident between Ralf, Coulthard and Villeneuve. Montoya strenuously denied responsibility for the crash, but both he and the McLaren team knew that any further transgressions would be dealt with severely.
SOURCE : Formula1.com

Quote:
it sure is sad to watch a star fade....MS is not in his best/struggling...
and it is for everyone to see....just like sachin tendulkar...
A year ago, he would have smoked alonso (san mario) and kimi (montreal) from similar positions...
i dont agree at all..
imola is a the 2nd most difficult track to overtake on after monaco..
a younger shumi wud have probably made a desperate move to overtake alonso and ended up taking both of them out

ferrari's didnt have the pace to match the mclarens at montreal..
simple as that
comparing their respective fastest laps.. MS was 0.5sec slower than kimi ( he was also on a 3-stopper.. kimi was on a 2-stopper )

so now u realise.. a driver is only as quick as the car that his team provide him

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks