Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2005, 21:10   #31
Senior - BHPian

"The FIA has made it clear that it intends to crack down hard on what it regards as being dangerous driving." Being cynical, i would say:" The FIA has made it clear that it intends to crack down hard on those teams not willing to sign up to the concorde agreement."
Old 13th June 2005, 21:18   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan

it sure is sad to watch a star fade....MS is not in his best/struggling...
and it is for everyone to see....just like sachin tendulkar...
A year ago, he would have smoked alonso (san mario) and kimi (montreal) from similar positions...

nahh man ...

at this moment schumi is thoroughly enjoying the competition ...how can we forget the one of the if not the most dominant figure in the history of F-1 ..
He has nothing o prove ...the guy is an absolute pedigree ...just because his team cant provide him with the right package does not mean he's fading away ...

We cant compare tendulkar with schumacher just cause they are brand abassadors for the same car mker in different countries ...

as a batsman sachin is responsible for his own performance ...whereas as a F-1 driver Michael is as much dependant on the team as the team is on him in order to win .... i dont think he has the right equipment this season cause i dont see anything wrong with his driving .. nah nah !!

It would be foolish to comment on schumi in such a way ....and trust me in no way am i a Schumi fan ...i admire his capabilities and i believe he is still the best out there ... given the right set of machinery he will wipe the smile of a lot of our faces ... alonso and kimi the young bloods we cheer for have a lot to learn and a lot to achieve before we can compare or relate them to someone like Michael Schumacher ...
Old 13th June 2005, 21:49   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247
just loved the race cuz FERRARI were on TOP!! anyway the start was pretty stunning, the way those renaults kicked off and seeing schumi drop back.
Ferrari most certainly weren't on top. The McLarens an the Renaults both pulverised the Ferraris. It was such luck that the SC came out, which enabled MS to gain 35 secs, and even after that he couldn't do much to Kimi, whose tyres were all shredded almost. This year, Ferrari are struggling to be competitive, and have all been moving on luck, and a little well placed pressure from MS...

Quote:
But anyway, just loved watchin Alonso retire hehehe, he deserves it.
I swear. The way the guy waves four fingers when he wins GPs, sheesh... Kimi ought to have pointed just one at him when he won... hope McLaren have a 1-2 at the Brickyard...

And poor JPM... I don think that he deserved a black flag, despite what anyone may say. He drove brilliantly all the time, and it was just such a frustrating race, slipping on the pit-lane exit when he coulda got the place from Alonso, an then the SC car effectively robbed him of his 1st place... everything went wrong despite suh a good drive... he was clearly faster than the Iceman in Canada... and even though I'm not a JPM fan, and an out an out KR fan, I really think that this was a bit too much for punishment for JPM...
Old 13th June 2005, 23:17   #34
Senior - BHPian

judging from montoyas body language as soon as he got out of the car it preety much looked as if he knew he was at fault ... he knew he was wrong while skipping the red light ,and overtaking DC behind the pace car..
Old 14th June 2005, 00:50   #35
F50
Senior - BHPian

Good race! was very eye soothing to see something Red on the podium.
Many retirements and contorversies.
What happened to Alonso was really good. Before the first pitstop he was continously saying on radio that he was faster than Fisi, even running on some different mixture. Big deal man!
Finally, someone said on radio (not exact) ' If you think you are faster than overtake him', He did but after Fisi started hydraulics problem. And then he finally banged.
If you think you are dominating F1, first produce a car which can handle circuits like Canada and Monza and not win on those circuits which has turns.

And coming to JPM, this is not the first time he was black flagged, he was also black flagged during last year's US GP. And it was certainly his mistake that he didnt see the red light. And I think he was DSQ not only because of jumping red light but also overtaking under yellow, make your basics clear man.

Quote:
If my memory serves me right, JB kissed the wall coming through the final corner, just before the start finish line. It was only Alonso and NK who touched the famous wall.
Well, the wall before the start-finish line is only known as the famous wall and not any other walls.
JB banged his car at famous wall whereas, NK and Alonso did some where else but at same place.
Old 14th June 2005, 01:24   #36
BHPian

I am surprised that there is no standard punishment in the rule book for jumping a red signal in the pit lane. Shouldn't there be one?

BTW, many people don't like JPM cos of his aggressive/abrasive nature. I think that is the reason he gets punished more often. I am sure if the same mistake were commited by MS, they wouldn't have black-flagged him.

M
Old 14th June 2005, 12:18   #37
BHPian

Aveek man....wholly and soully and totally agree with all u said. Thanks to you, I do not have to type a long reply.
Old 14th June 2005, 13:08   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minardi
BTW, many people don't like JPM cos of his aggressive/abrasive nature. I think that is the reason he gets punished more often.
I guess the FIA were already angered upon him because of the Monaco incident. JPM committed two mistakes at the same time at Montreal in a hurry to get a podium finish or possibly a win. He was being too irresponsible. First he ignores the red light, next he overtakes a car in the safety car period. So IMO, because of all these events, they thought it was best to have him out of the race.

Quote:
I am sure if the same mistake were commited by MS, they wouldn't have black-flagged him.
If that was the case, he wouldn't have been stripped off all his points in 1997 in an incident with Jacques Villeneuve. At that time, he was already two-times world champion.
Old 14th June 2005, 14:26   #39
BHPian

I was thinking that I was the only guy who despised Alonso but looks like many people dislike him specially after that 4 finger wave.
Old 14th June 2005, 17:23   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minardi
. I am sure if the same mistake were commited by MS, they wouldn't have black-flagged him.

M

that whould be the most unprofessional descision ever by FIA and they 'd be grilled for it !
Old 14th June 2005, 23:52   #41
Senior - BHPian

In the FIA's books, there are rules and then there are rules for the red cars.
Old 15th June 2005, 10:48   #42
BHPian

I don't want to sound as if I hate BAR/JB, but did anyone read the comment by Jenson Button in yesterdays newspaper? He had stated that he didn't mind banging out cause he would rather have banged in third than have been overtaken to become fourth. He also said that he was there to win races and not just be in the points.
Now I know that that is exactly what KR did in the Nurburgring, but Kimi actually has/had a shot at the world title and so he had every reason to go for it. JB is making it sound as if hes actually in the race (I mean the world championship) and is pretty close to the driver. If a 7 time champion and possibly the biggest success story in F1 (Ferrari) have no objections in stating that they would be happy even to be in the points, then how in the world can a relatively new driver and an under-developed team make such a statement.
I had thought of him as arrogant even after they acted in Qualifying as they had won the race and this now just pushes the limit.
Old 15th June 2005, 10:56   #43
Senior - BHPian

yeah i read about that comment by Button on the accident .. it is do or die for most drivers who yet to achieve the ultimate glory .. plus in BAR 's case they had nothing to lose since they are way out of contention due that barring order ..

ferrari's know its their bad season and other have caught up with them .. they are just enjoying the competition from what i can see ..
Old 16th June 2005, 11:02   #44
Awaiting Email Confirmation

I have a feeling FERRARI are making something revolutionary for 2006 season, which will take all teams by surprise, its hard to see the men in RED take defeat so easily,
MS will go out in winning style, he cant quit being on the loosing side,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks