Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2009, 18:56   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandCruiser View Post
Hamilton and his father Anthony are reportedly against the idea with Hamilton stating he would be happy to keep Heikki Kovalainen as his team-mate.

What is this guy like? His dad runs the team?! I cant wait to see Kimi return and break his knuckles.
As a Mac fan, I can't help but agree. Its good to have a fast driver like Kimi to keep Hammy boy honest. Don't know why he's so worried. He held his own against Alonso very well.
Old 28th September 2009, 20:19   #92
BHPian

Alonso to Ferrari... I'm sure he'll get whatever he wants and Ferrari will be one big force with Alonso.

If Kimi to McLaren news is confirmed, then it is fantastic.
But I feel that a Hammy+Nico combo would be better than this one. Nico needs an opportunity and McLaren should be the place for him. Even for McLaren-Merc, a Brit and a German is a great combo! But I guess for almost all Finn's McLaren is home and they have to come back one day! Welcome back (home) kimi
Old 28th September 2009, 20:24   #93
MCR
BHPian

I think it is this way,

Alonso - Ferrari.
Raikkonen - Brawn.
Nico - McLaren.
Kubica - Renault.
Old 28th September 2009, 20:35   #94
BHPian

+1
Kimi is now in all certainity heading back to Mclaren .
Only an official announcement is awaited now .
One step towards victory !?
Old 28th September 2009, 21:44   #95
Senior - BHPian

Pretty smart of Ferrari.

They probably told Santander, if you want Alonso better pay up the 40 million to buy out Kimi's contract.

Kimi's laughing all the way to the bank. Double paycheck for 2010 and drive in a top level team.

Way things are going for Ferrari they will still be mid pack next season.
Old 28th September 2009, 21:51   #96
BHPian

Alonso's skill and speed are unquestionable, at the moment I think he and Hamilton are a class apart.

What is questionable is Alonso's at times fragile ego (at McLaren) and his tendency to shoot down his own team (Renault & McLaren).

If & when Alonso does move to Ferrari, I wonder how he will react when Massa starts matching and then beating him, like he will - atleast a few times every season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Don't know why he's so worried. He held his own against Alonso very well.
Yeah, but Kimi in the McLaren used to be awesome. Its probably that reputation which has Hamilton worried. At Ferrari, Kimi is just not that big a force consistently.
Old 28th September 2009, 22:08   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomzi View Post
If & when Alonso does move to Ferrari, I wonder how he will react when Massa starts matching and then beating him, like he will - atleast a few times every season.
Hehe I can already see it happening. Boy, will there be some fireworks next year with four (at least three if Massa isn't good enough) top drivers in Ferrari and McLaren.
Old 28th September 2009, 22:41   #98
Distinguished - BHPian

Alonso heading to Ferrari is more or less a done deal. The announcement's going to be in by tomorrow I guess - by none other than Luca himself. Santander is driving the deal. Looks like Kimi's out. But where?

Last edited by Red Liner : 28th September 2009 at 22:42.
Old 28th September 2009, 23:53   #99
Senior - BHPian

Too bad! I might quit watching F1 for good if the Spaniard is going to drive for Ferrari
Old 28th September 2009, 23:57   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Too bad! I might quit watching F1 for good if the Spaniard is going to drive for Ferrari
Cmon, dude!
I've said this before. The man is pure talent.
We badly need him in ferrari to show kids @ Mclaren how to race.
Old 29th September 2009, 04:04   #101
BHPian

if kimi goes to mclaren next year, he will surely win the championship with mclaren, while ferrari & the spanish bull will be bitting their horns
Old 29th September 2009, 08:03   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandCruiser View Post
Quote planetf1:
But while Haug may be open to the idea of Raikkonen rejoining McLaren, Hamilton and his father Anthony are reportedly against the idea with Hamilton stating he would be happy to keep Heikki Kovalainen as his team-mate.

What is this guy like? His dad runs the team?! I cant wait to see Kimi return and break his knuckles.

Cant believe he said that. But got to say that Hamilton has had his way at Mclaren for far too long. Lets see how good he is in the face of fair competition within Mclaren. I guess there will be no favorites in the Mclaren camp if Kimi does join.
Old 29th September 2009, 08:22   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Cmon, dude!
I've said this before. The man is pure talent.
We badly need him in ferrari to show kids @ Mclaren how to race.
I would never debate his talent related to F1. The good thing is that he is someone who can involve in the car development and Ferrari badly needs one!

But, he was involved in the two most unethical and most bizzare thing to happen in F1.

First with the spygate where there were transcripts to support the discussion between Alonso & De La Rosa over the Ferrari technical documents and then now the crashgate! Its too hard to beleive that Alonso was not aware of the Piquest plan for Singapore.

And I remember his press quote after Michael won in China 06' when he called his own team about sabotaging his car to let Michael win!

Not really a Ferrari material otherwise IMHO!
Old 29th September 2009, 10:33   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRf1 View Post
+1 Kimi is now in all certainity heading back to Mclaren. Only an official announcement is awaited now. One step towards victory !?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Way things are going for Ferrari they will still be mid pack next season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berj79 View Post
if kimi goes to mclaren next year, he will surely win the championship with mclaren, while ferrari & the spanish bull will be bitting their horns
Ever stop to wonder why Ferrari, with one of the highest F1 budgets, has stopped bringing updates to every race this year since August ? To reduce costs serious limits have been imposed on car development - in addition to the moratorium on in-season testing, time spent in a wind-tunnel (only one can be used), the scale of the models in the wind tunnel, & even computer time for CFD has been limited. With KERS being outlawed next year & with the need for fuel tanks to get at least twice as large as current, Ferrari have wisely chosen to put all their development eggs in the 2010 basket. Ross Brawn did it last year at Honda & got a serious leg-up this year, the top two title contenders this year are a direct result of his strategic masterstroke.

Those expecting Ferrari to languish in the middle of the pack in 2010 are bound to be seriously disappointed. With Alonso at the wheel Ferrari will be a serious, if not a runaway contender for the championship. Nobody loses - Kimi (& his manager) would be laughing their way to the bank & Alonso inherits a car with almost twice the development time as any other on the grid. The only sore point being Rosberg - its time he was given a serious car to contend with, I was kinda looking forward to seeing him in a McLaren.

Last edited by im_srini : 29th September 2009 at 10:35.
Old 29th September 2009, 10:53   #105
Senior - BHPian

Ferrari needed someone like Alonso to come into the reckoning once again. Though I'm not too fond of Alonso the person, there is no doubt that he is one of the best drivers on the grid today. The way he tries to extract performance from a run of the mill Renault is proof of that.

Those who are writing off Ferrari for 2010 would be proved wrong. Brawn had an upper edge this season but I dont see it staying that way next year. Ferrari have already written off this season and are into the 10' season car development. There is no point investing in the F60 anymore.

I see Ferrari and Mclaren back to fighting at top next season. I really hope Alonso has matured as a person as well. His inputs would of great help in car development. And how can one forget that a certain Michael Schumacher is still on board with the team. Hopefully Fonso and Schumi develop a great working relationship.

Ferrari - Alonso & Massa ( and Schumi of course)
Mclaren - Lewis & Kimi

Those are THE combinations. It will be the Prancing Horse against the Silver Arrows ( or is it chrome )
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks