Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2005, 17:38   #16
Senior - BHPian

Ralf is a good driver and has a lot of experience, he makes quite a few mistakes but that doesn't mean he doesn't deserve to be in F1. He is in F1 not because of his brother but because of his own efforts. Just because he is younger brother to Michael, media start comparing him to Michael and make lot of fuss about it.
Old 19th June 2005, 20:14   #17
BANNED

Quote:
when was the last time DC won a race
DC is not expected to win a race since he is driving a Red Bull. Last year in Mclaren he was finishing in points and as far as wining races go even montoya hasnot won any race this year.

Quote:
media start comparing him to Michael
I really dont know about that but what i do know is Micheal came into f1 first and after that ralf came. So i have heard that Ralf came thanks to Micheal (correct me if i am wrong) though micheal came thanks to loads of efforts from his side(he was a footballer before)

Quote:
F1 cars don't have ABS
Really sorry. I mistook traction control for ABS.

Here is something i found about Brakes of f1 cars on the net.

The brakes on series-produced cars are derived from the disc brakes which were first used in racing. All Formula One cars are equipped with brakes with callipers made from light alloy while the discs and pads tend to be made from synthetic materials, e.g. carbon. Their resistance to heat is much greater than that of series-produced brakes (which is why, in certain conditions, the insides of the wheels appear completely incandescent) and they weigh significantly less. Their braking power is very high: at the end of a straight, at maximum speed (around 340 kph - 212.5 mph), a Formula One car can brake at less than 100 metres in order to take a slow corner.

Source - http://www.f1db.com/tiki-view_faq.php?faqId=1#q45
Old 19th June 2005, 20:48   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montoya
I really dont know about that but what i do know is Micheal came into f1 first and after that ralf came. So i have heard that Ralf came thanks to Micheal (correct me if i am wrong) though micheal came thanks to loads of efforts from his side(he was a footballer before)
One doesn't get into F1 just because he's a family member of some famous driver/personality. F1 requires talent and if one has to get into the bigger teams... rest assured he has plenty of it. Getting into smaller teams can be done through having a bit of talent and loads of sponsors backing you, but, for the bigger teams..... only talent counts.
Sure, MS might have asked the teams to see his younger brother's driving, but, for him to last this long in F1 means he's got talent. No team would keep a driver just because he's recommended by some big shot. They need points, they need performance. And besides, when Ralf came into F1, MS wasn't as great as he is now. So i doubt his recommendation would have had such great influence on a team roping him in.
Having said all this, i dont mean that he's very good... i really dont expect him to win championships or something, but, he will notch up the points if and when possible for the team. He does have a big problem overtaking others, but, on his day he looks supreme.
And i agree with turbo lover, Takuma Sato is the one who over cooks it at times... he pushes beyond the limits.
Old 20th June 2005, 00:54   #19
F50
Senior - BHPian

Ralf crashed because of tyre problems and not because he made a mistake or something.
Whether he should stay in F1 circus or not only his abilities and talent will speak for himself and not because he is brother of Michael.
Old 20th June 2005, 01:32   #20
Senior - BHPian

what a crazy race man. I've followed F1 for years and never seen anything bizzare like this.

Obviously Michelin screwed up but since it was a group problem, why could'nt they put up a chicane to keep the speed low. I dont see how it would have affected Bridgestone runners.

Oh well. Narian's only chance for podium. Messed it up as well. I'm glad I didn't go to the race this year.

Last edited by Mpower : 20th June 2005 at 01:45.
Old 20th June 2005, 01:36   #21
Senior - BHPian

hey Mpower probably you posted in another topic.

Quote:
I dont see how it would have affected Bridgestone runners.
Ferrari wouldn't have had guranteed 1-2
& sadly for Ferrari that only matters
Old 20th June 2005, 02:10   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
DC is not expected to win a race since he is driving a Red Bull. Last year in Mclaren he was finishing in points and as far as wining races go even montoya hasnot won any race this year.

[/url]
DC and Montoya cant be compared ... montoya has won more races than DC in the past 2 years and has more podium finishes than DV

since 2001 DC championship standings have gone down ...in 11 years of racing the guy have 1 pole more than JPM during qualifying ...

i remmember the last time he won i think was in Monaco in 2001 in wet conditions ... that was the last of his best seasons ...
Old 20th June 2005, 02:28   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i remmember the last time he won i think was in Monaco in 2001 in wet conditions
I was Brazil 2001 in rain

In monaco 2001 he was stuck behind Arrows guy for most of race
Old 20th June 2005, 11:35   #24
Senior - BHPian

thanks adya33 ..

2001 brazil where schumi along with a lot of top runners crashed out at the same place ?
Old 20th June 2005, 12:01   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_lover
guys like Jacques Villeneuve and DC are the ones who should be sacked ..
when was the last time DC won a race ?

when micheal cannot win races in a ferrari,i think its too much to expect anyone to win races in a RB.

Quote:
Well Ralf doesnot deserve to be in F1.

hahah ,
what a joke.seems like,everyday u need to put up some crap just for the sake of it.
Old 20th June 2005, 12:38   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Also i dont get the point. Ralf and Trulli have same car same everything and Ralf seems to be more experienced then Trulli however there aree poles apart on the grid.
Based on ur point, I guess Montoya has to be the first one to out
Compare Kimi and Montoya. He is being Black flagged in canada. And if I am right, he was black flagged last year also.
Old 20th June 2005, 14:44   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya
when micheal cannot win races in a ferrari,i think its too much to expect anyone to win races in a RB.
i was replying to montoya ...just to convey that if Ralf isnt deserving enough then there should be a lot drivers who shouldnt be on the grid ...
it not really about winning races each time ..its how much the driver can extract out of his car ..

i think every driver in formula 1 has achieved a lot and struggle even more to get there or even survive (including narain karthikeyan)..they are all good drivers limited by their teams or the cars they drive ...
Old 20th June 2005, 16:18   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_lover
thanks adya33 ..

2001 brazil where schumi along with a lot of top runners crashed out at the same place ?
no In 2001 Brazilian GP it rained lightly & MS made couple of mistakes (he spun) & DC took advantage of it & won

In 2003 Brazilian GP is rained like no tommorow
& at turn one there was almost a river flowing across the track that where no. of drivers spun
race was end prematuerly when Alonso hit a tyre from Webbers crashed Jaguar
The race was won by Fisichella at Jordan (last win for Ford in F1)
Old 20th June 2005, 18:16   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just read the news that Ralf had another major 300KPH crash during practice @ Indy...this set me thinking...does this guy really deserve to be in F1. He keeps crashing at the drop of a hat...is he here only because of his brother or does he really have it in him to be a good F1 driver.
that wasnt his fault at all.. it was tyre failure
Old 20th June 2005, 20:01   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari
that wasnt his fault at all.. it was tyre failure
whats with some people judging ralf on the basis of tyre failure man and car breakdowns ?

till now no one has come up with a valid reason as to "why he does not deserve to be in Formula 1 " ..coz simply put there is none , ralf is a world class driver amongst the very best out there and he certainly deserves his place in formula 1 ...

sorry to say but its a worthless argument going no where ...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks