Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2005, 02:40   #1
BHPian

Does Ralf deserve to be in F1???

Just read the news that Ralf had another major 300KPH crash during practice @ Indy...this set me thinking...does this guy really deserve to be in F1. He keeps crashing at the drop of a hat...is he here only because of his brother or does he really have it in him to be a good F1 driver.

What do you say guys???

BTW: Chk this link for details of his crash http://www.planet-f1.com/news/story_19951.shtml
Old 18th June 2005, 03:18   #2
Senior - BHPian

are you crazy?

You are very much wrong

Ralf surely deserves to be in F1

Quote:
he went on to finish third, on the podium, in only his third F1 outing. Without the delay, he might even have challenged for victory.
source

just take a look at his career highlight
Ralf career

he surely deserves to be in F1

Last edited by adya33 : 18th June 2005 at 03:23. Reason: edited sarcasm
Old 18th June 2005, 03:55   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adya33
You are very much wrong

Ralf surely deserves to be in F1

source

just take a look at his career highlight
Ralf career

he surely deserves to be in F1
Probably I am crazy...his statistics don't impress me. Except for 2003 he never really was a serious contender. The first thing that comes to my mind when I see Ralf in a race is ....is he going to crash himself or take some else along with him ...
Old 18th June 2005, 04:02   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
his statistics don't impress me
thats your choice

they are surely good by any standards

Quote:
is he going to crash himself or take some else along with him ...
so whenever you see Rubens do you think that when will he move over & let micheal pass?
Old 18th June 2005, 11:40   #5
Team-BHP Support

Do you mean to say that the Indy crash yesterday was Ralf's fault? It's still unknown, but evidence points towards a mechanical failure that caused his car to suddenly snap out of control.
Old 18th June 2005, 12:01   #6
Senior - BHPian

I have a feeling we are going to witness a lot of DNFs at Indy, and the tyre rule is going to take a major spanking. Indy is a disaster recipe for the new tyre rule, can you imagine white walling and long stretch and corners, and hard breaking into turn one, should be entertaining.
Old 18th June 2005, 16:04   #7
BHPian

Ralf can surely be in F1 as long as he minds his own business and stops criticizing other drivers especially Michael. If he was dedicated(not that he is not) he would surely be there in the top 8 in every race.
Old 18th June 2005, 16:45   #8
Senior - BHPian

I completely agree with ported... the tyres will have a toughtime lasting the entire duration of the race..... now, back to the topic. I feel Ralf is a good driver, its just that sometimes he is a bit unlucky.. and you cannot compare him with his elder bro... they are leagues apart. Accepted he has a bit of trouble overtaking... but, on his day he seems invincible.
He is a good driver, i dont really expect him to win championships or anything, but, he usually does a decent job for the team.
Old 18th June 2005, 16:58   #9
Senior - BHPian

The incident was caused due to a puncture and it was not his fault at all. Now he is declared fit to race at Indianapolis.
Old 18th June 2005, 17:04   #10
Senior - BHPian

yeah wasnt ralfs fault but he happend to hit the same part of the wall .he hot last year ..
...tyre failure which happened with all 3 toyota drivers ...

I feel ralf is a very capable driver with a very good temperment ... perhaps a bit unlucky in his carreer, over shadowed by his elder brother maybe ...
Old 18th June 2005, 20:11   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8guzzler
He keeps crashing at the drop of a hat...

That honour belongs to Takuma Sato. That said, a lot of other 'drivers' on F1 are there because they bring in money thanks to daddy's connection or because they're their nation's only motorsport participant like Narain...if Ralph doesnt deserve to be there, neither do a lot these people.
Old 19th June 2005, 08:42   #12
BHPian

What the hell is wrong with Ralf?

Ralf Schumacher has blown it off the roof this year too. What the hell is the matter with him? Earlier a thread was posted whether "Ralf should remain in F1". After that deadly crash last year at turn 13 in the U.S, he has done it again by ramming himself against the same barrier this year too, the only exeption being that he is not badly hurt or that he is going to sit out of only one race this year instead of the 6 races he sat out of last year.
NOW....IS IT A BRIGHT FUTURE FOR RALF?

Last edited by Sid Schumacher : 19th June 2005 at 08:48.
Old 19th June 2005, 11:39   #13
BANNED

Well Ralf doesnot deserve to be in F1. He is there thanx to Micheal today.

What i hate about him:-

1) too impulsive.

2) Over does(Monaco a good example)

3) locks tyres to often and gives us a hint that ABS is non functional.. if you must have seen last years season of his in williams just notice how often he keeps locking his tyres and losing it.

Also i dont get the point. Ralf and Trulli have same car same everything and Ralf seems to be more experienced then Trulli however there aree poles apart on the grid.
Old 19th June 2005, 16:01   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
He is there thanx to Micheal today
stop spreading BS
if you are so sure give the proof.

Quote:
locks tyres to often and gives us a hint that ABS is non functional..
F1 cars don't have ABS
get your story straight

Quote:
Ralf seems to be more experienced then Trulli however there aree poles apart on the grid.
Trulli & RS came into F1 at around same time (probably JT came earlier)
Trulli got his first win last season
Ralf got his first win in 2001

Ralf has more wins/ more poles than Trulli

this season Trulli has advantage
and also that toyota seem to suit his driving style

p.s.: I am not Ralf Schumacher fan

Last edited by Aditya : 19th June 2005 at 18:37.
Old 19th June 2005, 16:39   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid Schumacher
After that deadly crash last year at turn 13 in the U.S, he has done it again by ramming himself against the same barrier this year too
both Trulli and Ralf went straight for the sidewall coming out of turn 13 ... both car had rear left tyre failures ...hence i wouldnt blame him for it ...

also last year ...ralf crashed due to a tyre puncture coming out of the same turn last year ...

so i dont thinkg we can judge his potential on such incidents over whih he has no control ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montoya
3) locks tyres to often and gives us a hint that ABS is non functional.. if you must have seen last years season of his in williams just notice how often he keeps locking his tyres and losing it.
ABS ?? nahh man they dont have 'em in such cars ..

hah .. btw i saw the car last season ...Do u remmember how balanced it was ? the new nose and the car was a disaster !! every driver is on the limit ..

i would understand Takuma Sato is the kind of driver who "OVER DOES" each time ...look at the number of engine blow outs hes had and compare that to that of Buttons ..in fact at one point of time Sato was given a car which had a lower rev limit so that he could last the race ..

ralf is one of the most even tempered and balanced drivers around ... i dont see a reason why his worth in Formula 1 should be questioned ....

guys like Jacques Villeneuve and DC are the ones who should be sacked ..
when was the last time DC won a race ?

Last edited by turbo_lover : 19th June 2005 at 16:42.

Most Viewed