Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2009, 22:27   #1
Senior - BHPian

Barrichello whines again

Okay it was bad enough when he accused the team of favouring Jenson Button in the previous races. Even if you believe that's true, it still doesn't mean you wash your dirty laundry for all to see. Now he's claiming that Brawn "made him lose". That is just one step too far. Does he really think that Brawn are out to sabotage him? Especially today when he was racing against Red Bull and not Button? What can Brawn do if they have a refuelling problem? He claims he doesn't even want to speak to Brawn personnel! He's making quite a fool of himself and quite possibly opening up the ignominous prospect of being thrown out of Brawn this season. Frankly, he deserves it after such comments.

Barrichello accuses Brawn team of 'making me lose' - Planet-F1 News - from planet-f1.com

I think its pretty clear that Rubens is slower than Button overall. That's why he's doing so badly (relative to his teammate) while Button is on top of the table. Sure, the team favours Button but that's only after Button clearly demonstrated that he's more likely to become a champ this year. Plain and simple. He just needs to accept it and also accept a little bit of bad luck that has come his way. If he wants to win, let him do something special like a string of incredibly fast laps in the race or a last minute perfect lap in qualifying. Look at Webber today; drive thru penalty yet he fought for the win with sheer pace. That's a racer. Barrichello? That's a whiner.

Last edited by McLaren Rulez : 12th July 2009 at 22:34.
Old 13th July 2009, 01:57   #2
Senior - BHPian

Even if he hadn't had a fueling prob, there was no way he could have won. The car was struggling with its tyres and he would eventually been overtaken by webber.

Brawn needs to find a way to make their cars work in cold conditions.

Shan2nu
Old 13th July 2009, 12:14   #3
BANNED

I just do not understand Barrichello's gripe.

At least F1 is becoming competitive.
Old 13th July 2009, 12:39   #4
Senior - BHPian

I pity that guy. but then, every team would have its number 1 driver and do everything ( sometimes quite unsporting also ) to improve that drivers chances of winning.

unfortunately Barichello has never been that number 1 driver
Old 13th July 2009, 12:47   #5
BHPian

I agree Rubino was whining, but the following had me puzzled.

1) Fuel rig problem in his second pit-stop, especially after Brawn had been the fastest team in the pits.
2) Button came ahead of Rubino in his final pit-stop, I guess Rubino had 6.8 seconds of refuelling whereas Button had only 6. Both were on a 3-stopper, identical strategies including the tyres.

I have my doubts.
Old 13th July 2009, 12:51   #6
BHPian

Hello Bruno, Ross here.
Would you mind dropping in to our office for a contract negotation

Rubens = sore loser.
Old 13th July 2009, 12:57   #7
Senior - BHPian

Well Rocky, I think I know what happened.

1) A genuine fault in the refuelling assembly. Rubens' bad luck that it happened to him and not JB.

2) I don't know about the refuelling times (pitstop times don't always indicate how much fuel went in because of speed at which the rig is inserted, how quickly they pull it out and simple human error while operating the stopwatch) but Button was much much faster in the second stint and came right up behind Barrichello a few laps before they were to stop. He couldn't overtake because it would put both cars at risk of crashing. Barrichello would never move over either. My guess is that Button switched his engine to a fuel saving mode for quite a few laps before his stop which is why he went one lap longer.
Old 13th July 2009, 13:17   #8
Senior - BHPian

Two things:
1) Just because he was in the lead after the 1st corner, it doesn't mean Barichello could win the race. He of all people should know that.
2) I was expecting Brawn to put Button in the lead at the final pitstop and it DID happen. For the past few seasons, people have won and lost the championship by a single point. And so every single point is needed for a win. Team-player Racers would do it if they recieved Team orders. It's been clear that 'the pensioner' isn't a team-player. So, you do it at the stops. Simple
Old 13th July 2009, 13:21   #9
Senior - BHPian

As Ross Brawn said, you cannot win a race when you end up with the 11th quickest lap of the race. The Brawn car clearly had its limitations at the Nurburgring.
Old 13th July 2009, 15:41   #10
gpa
Senior - BHPian

I'm disappointed at Barichello allegations towards his team.
Old 13th July 2009, 15:44   #11
Senior - BHPian

He has the right to whine.
Brawn said there were some problems with the radio and Barrichello was not in the know of everything (i.e wrong with the car etc.,). Tomorrow they will patch up.
Whats the big deal?
Old 13th July 2009, 15:52   #12
Senior - BHPian

He has always been a whiner. Maybe he had a couple of genuine reasons earlier, but not now. Anybody can have a bad day in the pits. It was just his luck that it happened to him. He cannot keep on whining on every single thing which does or does not happen to him.

Come on Rubens, be a sport!!!
Old 13th July 2009, 17:13   #13
Senior - BHPian

There is no way a team would fake a fuel rig problem. Why the hell would they do that ....the end outcome is very unpredictable and could have been much more disastrous for team points.

I agree Rubens got kicked by Brawn the last time but not this one.

He finished poorly due to 3 reasons.
  • Massive graining on the Brawn Chassis
  • Held up by countryman Massa after 1st pitstop (or rather his inability to overtake Massa)
  • Fuel rig problem
Old 13th July 2009, 17:53   #14
BHPian

I agree a team wouldnt fake a fuel-rig problem, but the timing of it - during the second pit-stop - doesnt convince me.

a) Massive graining of right rear was there, even before Brawn drivers came in for their final pit-stop.
(Damn these commentators!. When the TV showed slow-motion of Rubino and Jenson going over the curbs, the commentators kept saying "a slow moving Barrichello and then oh indeed its a slow shot")

b) Both Rubino and Jenson found it difficult to overtake Massa, on KERS
c) Rubino was quick prior to the first pit-stop, but wasnt after his second and third!

Clearly Ross wouldnt want Jenson to loose even 1-point, after seeing 2008 season.

Last edited by Rocky_Balboa : 13th July 2009 at 17:55.
Old 13th July 2009, 17:59   #15
Team-BHP Support

Barrichello has no one but himself to blame for his rather unsuccessful career.
He spent many years at Ferrari playing second fiddle to MS. It was not like he didn't know what he was expected to do while signing up.
Then he joined Honda where he was always outclassed by Jenson Button. In what is possibly his last year, he's probably looking back at his career and thinking about what could have been. What else can he do, but whine?
Button's a very good driver and seems to have great chemistry with the team.

Last edited by Aditya : 13th July 2009 at 18:08.

Most Viewed