Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Whom would you blame for the Indianapolis fiasco?
Michelin 38 59.38%
FIA, Bernie 8 12.50%
Ferrari 11 17.19%
All teams using Michelin tyres 7 10.94%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2005, 00:43   #16
BANNED

Quote:
its business think about your own benefit then you will earn what is called profit not by sharing with rivals.
Only ferrari are thinking about their own benefits. Minardi and Jordan arenot. Even Roass Brawn agrees that its unfair to have run but Jean Todd seems to smile. Wheras Minardi Engineers are putting hands down and their face shows that they are upset. Wheras ferrari smiling. Also i wont expect ferrari to pull out but couldnot they have been fair enough to grant change of tyres for Michelin or build chicane at turn 13. Every team agreed but ferrari said rules are rules. This race is soo boring. People look forward to USA grand prix and this happened. Sad but true.
Old 20th June 2005, 01:06   #17
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montoya
Only ferrari are thinking about their own benefits. Minardi and Jordan arenot..
Ferrari are champions and Minardi/Jordon are not. It wont affect them at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montoya
Even Roass Brawn agrees that its unfair to have run but Jean Todd seems to smile. Wheras Minardi Engineers are putting hands down and their face shows that they are upset. Wheras ferrari smiling. Also i wont expect ferrari to pull out but couldnot they have been fair enough to grant change of tyres for Michelin or build chicane at turn 13. Every team agreed but ferrari said rules are rules. This race is soo boring. People look forward to USA grand prix and this happened. Sad but true.
Minardi cars are out because their only competition is with Jordon so if Jordon are out why shouldnt be they.... whats the harm in earning some points when points themselves are knocking on your door.

And guys you all are forgeting Narain!!
This is his best finished. When announced he is going to race in F1 everyone was like my support for narain and all, now where is it?
Except one person i dont see any of them.
Old 20th June 2005, 01:18   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Minardi cars are out because their only competition is with Jordon so if Jordon are out why shouldnt be they....
Paul Staddord said that Minardi & Jordan had agreed not to race
However still Jordan went out & since Minardi is having fihgt with Jordan for constructors Minardi's had to go out
Old 20th June 2005, 01:20   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is his best finished. When announced he is going to race in F1 everyone was like my support for narain and all, now where is it?
seriously do you think that he should be well suported & cheered for this result?
common man you can't be serious
i would have been 1000 times more happy if he would have scored one point with 20 cars starting & i think most people will agree with me
Old 20th June 2005, 01:28   #20
Senior - BHPian

I dont care what justification they give, but this was a sham and not a race. I thought the FIA and the F1 authorities are mature enough to work out an amicable solution before raceday, but in the end it was not to be and they took the world for a ride.

I wont blame the teams who went out on track, because that is what the others would have done in a similar situation.
Old 20th June 2005, 01:36   #21
zen
BHPian

I'm not too thrilled about how things turned out.. but leave the blame at the right door. Michelin screwed up BIG TIME and the teams using their tyres couldn't race. Its not upto Ferrari to rectify that. Agreed, it would've been in the better interest of the sport but thats not their lookout. Thats the FIA's job. Don't blame them for not agreeing to make it easier for the other teams. Also, the last minute creation of a chicane... how safe is that?

Paul Stoddart's booing on camera and his argument about him racing only cos Jordan was was a bunch of crap. If he felt so strongly, he should've kept his cars in the garage.

Last edited by zen : 20th June 2005 at 01:38.
Old 20th June 2005, 01:37   #22
Senior - BHPian

absolute mockery..it was really shameful to see this racei dont believe they actually started the race with only 6 cars and it was more than obvious that the ferraris would come 1st and second.i dont blame them though because as steeroid rightfully said , the others would have done the same thing. i feel the authorities should have done something sensible.

it wasnt nice of schumi and barrichello to just walk off so fast , poor monteiro was the only one celebrating out there !!

Rev
Old 20th June 2005, 01:44   #23
Senior - BHPian

Old 20th June 2005, 01:47   #24
Senior - BHPian

This one was probably the worst F1 race the world has witnessed.It was so ridiculous to just race 6 cars.And those damn Ferrari's had absolutely no competition.I was just hoping that none of the cars finish the race.
Did anyone notice Schumi sidelining Barrichello after he exited his 2nd pit stop???What the hell was he doing.....
That just goes to prove that Schumi is not bothered about his teammate,and wants to hold up his pride leading Ferrari all the way to the chequered flag.
It was a real stunner of a move by Schumi.

X
Old 20th June 2005, 01:51   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Machine
That just goes to prove that Schumi is not bothered about his teammate,and wants to hold up his pride leading Ferrari all the way to the chequered flag.
It was a real stunner of a move by Schumi.

X
to add that ferrari gives too much priority to Michael as their number 1 driver ... Rubens was clearly faster than Michael today.. he was very upset with the race result ... quite rightly so ...

ohh n...Kimi was 8th and alonso wasnt in the points haha !! am happpyy
Old 20th June 2005, 01:53   #26
Senior - BHPian

EDIT:

only 6 finishers
here is official result from f1
http://www.formula1.com/race/result/740/8.html

Last edited by adya33 : 20th June 2005 at 02:07.
Old 20th June 2005, 02:04   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Kimi was 8th and alonso wasnt in the points haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by adya33
really funny
as inorder to be classified as race finished you atleast need to finish 25% of race

wierd FIA bent this rule & not the tyre one & disspointed fans
Trulli and kimi were not classified. How can they get points??
Old 20th June 2005, 02:06   #28
Team-BHP Support

I don't think Kimi Raikkonen was classified as a finisher. He has not got any points out of this Grand Prix.
It's a rather sad day for Formula 1, but, I don't blame Ferrari for it. Along with Bridgestone, they got their cars set up perfectly for this race. I only hope that Reubens Barrichello finally realises what a loser he really has been. After all these years of backing off for his team mate, he still dosen't command any respect. Time to move on, Reubens. But hey, looks like you're too old now and now there are new kids on the block who are better.
Old 20th June 2005, 02:08   #29
Senior - BHPian

what the hell are all u guys shouting about.ok it was disaster of a race,and i did not enjoy it either.but if Michlen tyres had a problem only at that banked corner why did the cars have to do that corner at 190mph.ur car is faulty,ur tyres are bad u go slower through that turn at 170mph.first they build bad tyres and then design track for their tyres.2morrow someone will build a tyres which is good only in a straight line and say modify the track to have 10 fast straights.if some one has a 200bhp engine they will tell modify the track to have only 2nd gear corners.

also why did the michlen shod tems not put new tyres and take a penalty hit in the race or even before the race a michlen had bought new tyres to indianapolis on sunday.all the are dramas because then want to bend FIA by threatning to start GWPC.u simply cannot get the advantage when u have inferior tyres.they have to accept it.also that paul stodart from Manardi is one stinky fellow.he is trying to revenge Menbourne 2005.

all the blame lies with michlen for the farce.and all of u appear to follow chris godwins line on this.he is a very biased mclaren driver.if u saw clearly schumacher did try to stop and turn inside when barrichello came alongside,he locked up.so there was nothing wrong there and by the way who set the fastest lap of the race,schumacher did.

Last edited by merve_extreme : 20th June 2005 at 02:17.
Old 20th June 2005, 02:11   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech
it wasnt nice of schumi and barrichello to just walk off so fast , poor monteiro was the only one celebrating out there !!

Rev
and then there would be another 50 posts talking about the ferrari drivers celebrating and stuff !

i feel everything that happened was good enough , ferrari are not to be blamed for anything as they have done nothing wrong . michelin is the one to be blamed here people and for some strange reason ferrari is being blamed for instead .

if they have a certain advantage why should they compromise , not everyone in the business is there for the spirit , there is something called profits too .

infact i watched the race from start to end to see both the ferrari drivers finish 1-2 as i had a very strong feeling there would be contact which there was , but thankfully no serious damage was done .

and for those who felt that there was no seriousness in the race , i beg to differ but i feel the jordan and minardi team were giving it all they could .

manson .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks