Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2009, 17:44   #166
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
I did not want to bring it up - but yes he was Disqualified.

I am not losing any sleep over MS. Neither am I am looking to ruffle up the Tifosi / Schumi feathers. So request that none of you take this personally.

All I am saying is the man had his shortcomings. While I agree with most of what you said. I personally dont fully agree with the term Sportsman yet..

All I am saying is that I think and I hope that he has got over Mr.Hyde during his Hiatus.

Would love to see the same Schumi as we saw in the TG interview on the Race Track.

I do respect the Man. Afterall like I said in my earlier post: He is the best driver in the world and we were fortunate to see him in the prime of his career.

20 days to go...
@Iron_Wolf, thanks for making me aware of the word "Sportsman".

Every sportsman have their short comings, UPs & DOWNs. It doesnt mean that you always hold on to it all the way and all his life! That is why I say Get over it without losing much sleep.

All these sportsman learn the right way of winning only when they face heavy punishments, which I beleive it did work for Michael. He is now the best!

@Mclaren_Rulez, are you completely aware of the incident in 1994?

Both Michael & Hill were trading the fastest laps for the day in their fight for the championship. BothMichael & Hill were squeazing every bit of time they could gain on the track. Michael collided with the wall losing control and Hill tried to sneak past him on the inside just to get his car damaged only to retire!

But, nothing was as dirty as the one DC did in Spa! Driving an F1 car and he was unaware that he shouldnt brake hard on the racing line in a completely wet Spa. Yeah and Mclaren won their last WCC in 1998 which was 11 years back !

Last edited by anachronix : 31st July 2009 at 17:47.
Old 31st July 2009, 17:45   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzfrj View Post
I'd say he can drive more that 30%. right ?
Very true. He is some one who can do 150% of the drivers 30%.
Anyway I was about to call TSKY and cancel the Star sports/ESPN package, not any more. I was getting irritated with the ESPN as they have become a fulltime Golf channel. Golf may be a good game(personally dont like that game), but watching golf live is ...
Old 31st July 2009, 18:26   #168
BHPian

Doesn't matter if people do not want to call Schumi a 'Sportsman'. Fact remains the this one MAN has played great part in giving this SPORT the fan following more than anyone or anything else......
Old 31st July 2009, 18:40   #169
BHPian

Quote:
I lost almost all respect for Shumie after this... do watch the last video if not for all the angles.
I can go on and on with this all day.
People say Michael is a ruthless driver and all that.

Its simply so unfair, Micheal has been taken out and has been at the receiving end of some "crazy" driving by other drivers.

Belgian GP 1995
Schumi on slick tyre Hill on wet tyre.
This is a text book example of defensive driving without being ruthless.

This is fair ?
both were doing close to 200mph

Here are lots and lots of examples in a single clip

Old 31st July 2009, 20:15   #170
BANNED

Quote:
I did not want to bring it up - but yes he was Disqualified.

. I personally dont fully agree with the term Sportsman yet..

All I am saying is that I think and I hope that he has got over Mr.Hyde during his Hiatus.

I do respect the Man. Afterall like I said in my earlier post: He is the best driver in the world and we were fortunate to see him in the prime of his career.

20 days to go...
Every sport has its share of dramas, for which reason they are popular, but after Schumi's exit, F1 was not fun for most of us, they were just races.

For some guys, F1 is just a sport = F1 is not fun presently

But

For Schumi, F1 was his life and he was damn serious about his races = Why do you guys think, the excitement has increased 100000 times by just hearing about his return.

If Schumi was'nt ruthless, he would'nt have excelled, and grown to this stature.

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 31st July 2009 at 20:21.
Old 31st July 2009, 20:35   #171
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
For Schumi, F1 was his life and he was damn serious about his races
He had such a bond with his team and even the mechanics that he's referred to them many times as his "family". He made sure, he gave his 100% in every race. This was very evident in his last season with the team when he had a below-par car yet, he managed to eke out performance from it.
Old 31st July 2009, 20:52   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
He had such a bond with his team and even the mechanics that he's referred to them many times as his "family". He made sure, he gave his 100% in every race. This was very evident in his last season with the team when he had a below-par car yet, he managed to eke out performance from it.
Now thats what I am looking for from Michael, with the F60 with which Kimi & Massa are struggling!
Old 31st July 2009, 23:08   #173
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Now thats what I am looking for from Michael, with the F60 with which Kimi & Massa are struggling!
Thats the only reason for his comeback.

Only a roaring Ferrari engine in distress can wake the giant out of his sleep.

Good he paid heed to Ferrari's request, that itself is enough to show his bonding with the Ferrari's.

Else, Schumi out of retirement----- NO CHANCE
Old 31st July 2009, 23:42   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@Mclaren_Rulez, are you completely aware of the incident in 1994?
Given that I was three in 1994, no. I have read Wikipedia and seen the Youtube videos though if that counts for anything.

Quote:
Yeah and Mclaren won their last WCC in 1998 which was 11 years back !
I don't really see how that was relevant or funny. If you're trying to say DC was deliberately trying to crash into Schumacher and McLaren deserve their winless streak for that same reason, then I don't know what to say. DC has admitted later that it was a mistake and those things happen in racing.

And in case anybody wants, read my previous posts on this thread. Not one actually is critical of Schumacher. The questions I ask about whether he has sufficient time to get his fitness and familiarity with F1 back to normal is genuine but I get a load of " you don't know what you're talking about, Schumi is god disguised as a driver...". As for those who dare actually criticize him, they get some angry, sarcastic and patronising responses. Can you fans accept any criticism or questioning at all or are we supposed to believe that he's the embodiment of all the good in the world who can never do wrong?

Last edited by McLaren Rulez : 31st July 2009 at 23:47.
Old 31st July 2009, 23:58   #175
Senior - BHPian

Note from Support:

This is a Welcome thread for Michael Schumacher coming back into Formula 1. Please keep the pro and anti Schumacher discussions out of this thread. No fights will be allowed henceforth. Keep the thread clean

Thanks
Old 2nd August 2009, 11:46   #176
Senior - BHPian

Schumacher's comeback is the best thing to have happened to F1 this year.

The Max Mosley vs F1 teams saga, the breakaway threat, the exit of big names like Honda and BMW and the failure of the new technical changes to make the sport more exciting, have dulled spectator interest to some extent.

Let us hope MS still has the fire. He could teach Kimi a thing or two about taming that Ferrari. It would be a treat to watch Hamilton, Alonso, Kimi and Vettel race alongside the great man.

The 2009 F1 season begins now...
Old 2nd August 2009, 16:12   #177
Senior - BHPian

F1 : Schumacher's slick tyre test under the spotlight - SCHUMACHER - F1-Live.com

Latest on Schumacher's testing.
Old 2nd August 2009, 18:40   #178
Senior - BHPian

Onboard vid of Schumi testing the 2007 F1 car with ribbed tyres on 31st July 09.

Shan2nu
Old 2nd August 2009, 20:45   #179
Distinguished - BHPian

Why the 2007 car though? Wont the 2008 car be closer? And why are they using grooved tyres? Why not slicks?
Old 2nd August 2009, 21:59   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Why the 2007 car though? Wont the 2008 car be closer? And why are they using grooved tyres? Why not slicks?

According to the rules in season testing isn't allowed. So they are letting Schumacher test using the 2007 F1 car that Ferrari let their clients use to get kicks.

Also some testing photos showed the car on Bridgestone slicks which has the FIA in a tizzy. Check out the complete news

Schumacher back behind the wheel at Mugello - Pics added - F1Fever - Indian Formula-1 Community

Most Viewed