Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2009, 20:07   #286
BHPian

disappointed..had gr8 plans for watching the qualifying ! Iam sure the the second scarlet will occupy the 4th or 5th row.
Old 12th August 2009, 21:00   #287
BANNED

Will he..... wont he....!

I'am gonna get over it right now.

All hopes dashed of watching Schumi Drive that Ferrari

Scheduling my next weekend for something else, F1 is now no fun.
Old 12th August 2009, 21:13   #288
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Micheal Schumacher might be coming back that is what I read. I am not sure if this news is true or not, but I would love to see him come back:
It cant be that bad. I see motoGP guys crashing all the time and they just come back to race next weekend.
Old 13th August 2009, 11:37   #289
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Will he..... wont he....!
Pavan,

I share the exact same emotions. I was totally distraught on hearing the news and now I'm again as I hear that he might be back.

Confusion reigns supreme!

Cheers,
gpa
Old 13th August 2009, 12:38   #290
BHPian

There goes my return to watching F1. I even had plans to fly down for the Singapore GP...
Old 13th August 2009, 13:03   #291
BANNED

oh! man this is so dissapointing :(
This sucks big time .
I was so eagerly waiting for this ....
Why GOD ?
Old 13th August 2009, 17:58   #292
BHPian

Though I am by no means a Schumi Fan, this news is dissapointing indeed. It would have infused much needed spice in a rather dull season.
Old 14th August 2009, 20:36   #293
BHPian

Sad news in a sad season . Spare a thought for valencia . No Schumi No Alonso . Anyways still hope for aa Ferrari revival . Maybe luca can give better feedback to improve the car .
Old 15th August 2009, 10:46   #294
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
Montezemolo keen to see Schumacher back in F1
Remember Fiat boss had promised Schumacher that he will be welcomed to drive a Ferrari F1 till he is 100. I guess he wants to honor the commitment.

Schumacher is a through professional and we all know a through competitor. But how far is it correct for the company management to make him switch roles is yet to be seen. He is a valuable asset Ferrari needs to nurture not roll around.

Investment in young brigade under Schumacher guidance will be something special.
Old 15th August 2009, 11:02   #295
Senior - BHPian

'Ferrari to pay-off Raikkonen' - Planet-F1 News - from planet-f1.com

Now I posted this in the Alonso to Ferrari thread as it made sense there but with all the Schumi returning talk, could it just be?
Old 16th August 2009, 14:09   #296
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
'Ferrari to pay-off Raikkonen' - Planet-F1 News - from planet-f1.com

Now I posted this in the Alonso to Ferrari thread as it made sense there but with all the Schumi returning talk, could it just be?
I would say rumours. Schumi coming back is not going to happen. They are better off in investing on the future. Alonso may be going there in 2011. So 2010 will have Kimi and Massa. To let go of Kimi, they would have to shell out $25M, which isn't a small amount even for Ferrari. What's the guaranty that Alonso or Schumi are going to do a bettrer job than Kimi. Anyway their current problem is not because of the drivers, it's about the car.
But if Massa does't recover for next season (i am sure he will recover), that opens up some options for Ferrari.
Old 16th August 2009, 16:28   #297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
I would say rumours. Schumi coming back is not going to happen. They are better off in investing on the future. Alonso may be going there in 2011. So 2010 will have Kimi and Massa. To let go of Kimi, they would have to shell out $25M, which isn't a small amount even for Ferrari. What's the guaranty that Alonso or Schumi are going to do a bettrer job than Kimi. Anyway their current problem is not because of the drivers, it's about the car.
But if Massa does't recover for next season (i am sure he will recover), that opens up some options for Ferrari.
Ferrari's best is to make Raikkonen work harder for the money he is being paid. If Ferrari with all its mighty power can do lot of things including lobbying in F1, why cant they extract some more from Kimi.
Old 16th August 2009, 17:12   #298
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandCruiser View Post
Ferrari's best is to make Raikkonen work harder for the money he is being paid. If Ferrari with all its mighty power can do lot of things including lobbying in F1, why cant they extract some more from Kimi.
I doubt if anyone can make Kimi do something he doesn't want to. He's just too detached for external carrots and sticks to work (especially because he knows he's leaving F1 soon and has nothing left to prove to anyone)
Old 16th August 2009, 20:23   #299
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandCruiser View Post
It's not about extracting more from him. He is probably doing his best. The whole package has to be good. This year they are lagging behind in pace and reliability. To make matters worse they goof up on strategies regularly as well.
Old 17th August 2009, 12:15   #300
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
He's just too detached for external carrots and sticks to work (especially because he knows he's leaving F1 soon and has nothing left to prove to anyone)
I wonder why you say this? Care to elaborate a bit on this point?

Most Viewed