Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2009, 13:15   #301
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
It's not about extracting more from him. He is probably doing his best. The whole package has to be good. This year they are lagging behind in pace and reliability. To make matters worse they goof up on strategies regularly as well.
You hit the nail on its head. No driver of whatever caliber would not like to not win the race. Even if he is on his way out of F1 he still is an ex-world champ.
More over departure of Brawn from Ferrari has pointed out that Schumi+Brawn+Todd combo was the one to beat. Ferrari is in state of flux. Too much to handle at one time with rule change/team change/new cars. If Kimi was unsuccessful so was Massa. A few points here and there would not matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
I wonder why you say this? Care to elaborate a bit on this point?
Yeah more info will be good.
Old 17th August 2009, 14:14   #302
Senior - BHPian

What I mean is that Kimi appears to have lost interest in his F1 career and found some interest in his WRC career. This is neither criticism nor praise of him. It is just what he wants to do. So when a driver knows that he doesn't want to drive in F1 anymore and is leaving soon, what can a team do to make him push and dig out that last 1% which makes the difference between the great driver and the average driver in F1?

On top of that, the Ferrari this year is never going to bring him near a championship or race wins (I still think Hungary was a one off which suited Ferrari and Macca; realistically they're still behind the Brawns and Red Bulls) so that aspect of motivation is also lost. At the end of the day, you can't force a racing driver to drive fast. It has to come from within.

Last edited by McLaren Rulez : 17th August 2009 at 14:17.
Old 17th August 2009, 15:37   #303
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
What I mean is that Kimi appears to have lost interest in his F1 career and found some interest in his WRC career. This is neither criticism nor praise of him. It is just what he wants to do. So when a driver knows that he doesn't want to drive in F1 anymore and is leaving soon, what can a team do to make him push and dig out that last 1% which makes the difference between the great driver and the average driver in F1?

On top of that, the Ferrari this year is never going to bring him near a championship or race wins (I still think Hungary was a one off which suited Ferrari and Macca; realistically they're still behind the Brawns and Red Bulls) so that aspect of motivation is also lost. At the end of the day, you can't force a racing driver to drive fast. It has to come from within.
People always had this perception about Kimi, about his motivation levels. The thing is, he is different than the rest, he just doesn't show the extreme emotions like others. Thats how he is.

Also about participating in WRC, it's something he has done with the approval of Ferrari. It was only possible because of 4 week break. And FIAT (Ferrari's parent company) is sponsoring his WRC outing. If McLaren had allowed him the same freedom, he would have participated in WRC long back.
Old 17th August 2009, 16:13   #304
BHPian

Why would a F1 team risk their driver, by letting him take part in WRC or any other competetive racing? Isnt that pushing a bit too far - no wonder no other teams are doing this.
Old 17th August 2009, 16:17   #305
BHPian

My point is not just that Kimi is not giving his full. Ferrari paying him up so much and with one more season under his contract should do more in terms of giving him better car, challenging him or whatever works for him.

We often feel that Alonso threw a suprise or two with a dog of a car and understand how much Massa perspires to put in a better result. It is not at the same length the majority talks about Kimi at least for 2 seasons now. There has to be some method that will work for him so that people can see his aggressive side more frequently though his face doesnt show too many reactions. That is not a problem.
Old 18th August 2009, 22:11   #306
Senior - BHPian

Bit of going back to the original topic

Massa eyeing October return - Planet-F1 News - from planet-f1.com
Old 20th August 2009, 20:20   #307
BHPian

I would love to see F1 drivers competing in other events. Why are they considered such a delicate commodity I don’t quite understand?
Kimi IMHO did fairly well in his first stint in the rally.

Last edited by RacingForIndia : 20th August 2009 at 20:21. Reason: Wrong tags
Old 20th August 2009, 20:33   #308
Senior - BHPian

RFI, I love your pic

The reason F1 drivers are so restricted is that if they are injured, then the replacements are hard to find and it almost certainly takes out any chance of a WDC.
Old 21st August 2009, 13:31   #309
Senior - BHPian

Schumacher still in training

Schumacher still in training (Formula 1 complete - all access F1 - Schumacher still in training)

Aug.21 (GMM) Michael Schumacher has not stopped his new physical training programme even though he called off his formula one comeback.

"Michael thinks 'I am back in the rhythm so I might as well stay in it'," his manager Willi Weber told the German newspaper Bild.

Neck and other injuries sustained in a February motorcycle testing fall meant Schumacher, 40, had to cancel his planned return in Felipe Massa's car at Valencia.

But speculation is now rife that the seven time world champion, to be trackside at the Spanish port city street circuit this weekend, is still trying to prepare for a 2009 return.

"He was really pushing very hard," said Luca Badoer, Ferrari's Italian test driver who will instead be at the wheel of Massa's car number 3 until further notice.

"He was training a lot, he spent a lot of time (doing that) because he wanted to come back.

"He did everything, he tried everything, he lost three kilos in seven days, he was really pushing one hundred per cent because it was sort of his dream to come back and drive in formula one again," Badoer said in Valencia on Thursday.
Old 21st August 2009, 13:53   #310
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Balboa View Post
Why would a F1 team risk their driver, by letting him take part in WRC or any other competetive racing? Isnt that pushing a bit too far - no wonder no other teams are doing this.
Maybe they don't care and expect much from him.
Old 21st August 2009, 17:13   #311
Senior - BHPian

If Kimi happens to be a good rally driver for Fiat why would they deny him from doing so?

And why do we have this thread still open when we know that MS is not going to race this year!?
Old 23rd August 2009, 23:39   #312
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
If Kimi happens to be a good rally driver for Fiat why would they deny him from doing so?

And why do we have this thread still open when we know that MS is not going to race this year!?

Dont rule some reports out. You won't know what'll happen in the next 24 / 48 hrs
Old 24th August 2009, 08:11   #313
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Well the original title was what next Ferrari? I think we can still ask them that question given Badoer's pace.

EDIT: autosport.com - F1 News: Ferrari may replace Badoer after Spa

Last edited by McLaren Rulez : 24th August 2009 at 08:13.
Old 24th August 2009, 13:16   #314
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Well the original title was what next Ferrari? I think we can still ask them that question given Badoer's pace.
and I wait with bated breath. Like Pavan said, who knows what may develop this week?

Last edited by gpa : 24th August 2009 at 13:19.
Old 24th August 2009, 18:25   #315
Senior - BHPian

Ferrari: Schumi won't return this year - Planet-F1 News - from planet-f1.com

But does that mean something will happen next year? Hehe looks like I'm reading far too much between the lines

Last edited by McLaren Rulez : 24th August 2009 at 18:26.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks