Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2009, 21:58   #331
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
He definitely proved a point yesterday. Ferrari better get some sense in their head quickly.
Over 40 odd laps driving a Ferrari with KERS, Kimi could only manage to open a gap of 0.9 odd seconds to Giancarlo's Force India car. And if you watch the sector timings, he was only pulling away in the 1st sector(where he heavily relied on KERS) and losing time in 2nd and 3rd sector.
It was the car and KERS which did most of the work yesterday, not the driver or so methinks.
I think its high time Ferrari replaced him.
Old 31st August 2009, 22:29   #332
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoidAndroid View Post
Over 40 odd laps driving a Ferrari with KERS, Kimi could only manage to open a gap of 0.9 odd seconds to Giancarlo's Force India car.

The F-I car of Fisi was a pole car that was clearly faster. Kimi's car was only capable of P5 on saturday. Its was Kimi's mastery that he kept the faster car and bay after skilfully overtaking him after the safety car incident when tires are cold.
Old 31st August 2009, 23:00   #333
BHPian

Quote:
Over 40 odd laps driving a Ferrari with KERS, Kimi could only manage to open a gap of 0.9 odd seconds to Giancarlo's Force India car. And if you watch the sector timings, he was only pulling away in the 1st sector(where he heavily relied on KERS) and losing time in 2nd and 3rd sector.
It was the car and KERS which did most of the work yesterday, not the driver or so methinks.
Give the credit where it is due. FI had a faster car and Kimi had KERS which helped him get ahead. Thereafter he was able to hang in there and defend his position. How does that undermine his performance? Cant undermine the performance of some one stands on the podium as no 1 on a given day.
Old 31st August 2009, 23:12   #334
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandCruiser View Post
Give the credit where it is due. FI had a faster car and Kimi had KERS which helped him get ahead. Thereafter he was able to hang in there and defend his position. How does that undermine his performance? Cant undermine the performance of some one stands on the podium as no 1 on a given day.

No no no.... Kimi was never faster throughout the race.

He surely would have finished 4th / 5th if not for the advantage he got in the first curve and also because of the KERS during the safety car.

0.9 secs ahead of Force India's Fisi

C'mon kimi.
Old 1st September 2009, 02:44   #335
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It doesn't matter if he won by 0.9 seconds or 9 seconds. Point is, he got ahead of Fisi when mattered and stayed there for the rest of the race. His car has KERS for a reason, so if he made some good use of that, what is the problem in that?
Old 1st September 2009, 12:18   #336
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

I think its time we changed the title of this thread or get back to the topic.
Old 1st September 2009, 12:26   #337
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
Guys,

I think its time we changed the title of this thread or get back to the topic.
Just think of it as "What next Ferrari?" Anything that may happen to Ferrari in the future can be discussed here
Old 1st September 2009, 12:29   #338
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Just think of it as "What next Ferrari?"
Just wish the "Schumi is bACK!! No he's not" bit can be removed as it pains me each time I think of it as I cancelled my tickets to Singapore in disappointment
Old 1st September 2009, 15:27   #339
Senior - BHPian

During the first few races, Ferrari was a bloody joke with the unreliable KERS engine and the bad weight distribution in brought. Everyone scoffed at it.

I think it was 6th or 7th race where the KERS advantage started to show. Both Mclaren and Ferrari cars jumped places at the start. Overtook cars like they didn't exist. And the special yellow button would keep the cars following from thinking about overtaking.

Just two of the teams decide to stick to KERS and they're reaping the benefit now. Nobody forced the other teams to dump KERS.
Old 1st September 2009, 16:20   #340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
No no no.... Kimi was never faster throughout the race.

He surely would have finished 4th / 5th if not for the advantage he got in the first curve and also because of the KERS during the safety car.

0.9 secs ahead of Force India's Fisi

C'mon kimi.
If some one is not faster how can he stay ahead? Puzzles me and he Fisi is no match to Kimi. There is the car factor as well. FI was a surprise improvisation this week which was good. Everyone has their advantages and disadvantages coming into a race. The 0.9 seconds made the race exciting to watch.
Old 1st September 2009, 16:55   #341
BHPian

For all you Massa fans can stop dreaming of Massa's return for the rest of 2009 season.

Ferrari rule out a return for Massa in 2009 | Forumula1.net | F1 News | Formula 1 Forums | Formula One Discussion
Old 1st September 2009, 18:56   #342
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raajiv View Post
For all you Massa fans can stop dreaming of Massa's return for the rest of 2009 season.

Ferrari rule out a return for Massa in 2009 | Forumula1.net | F1 News | Formula 1 Forums | Formula One Discussion
So no point is sticking with 'LookHow BadYouAre' then. Who is going to be the replacement?
Old 1st September 2009, 20:19   #343
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
So no point is sticking with 'LookHow BadYouAre' then.
Lol. Good one! They may let him stay till Monza because its his dream to drive a Ferrari in Italy.
Old 3rd September 2009, 16:00   #344
BHPian

MOds: We all looked up for Schumi to return back to F1. however for now the doors are shut.

Can we please lock the thread. the discussion is going no where....

maybe we can reopen the thread when some concrete decision is available on schumi's drive for Ferrari this season.
Old 3rd September 2009, 17:44   #345
BHPian

don't you guys ever think that Schumi is never going to comeback.
I think that was just a trick to grab attention & Fan following back into F1. Schumi is enjoying his personal life after so many years of competition give him a break.
MODs pls lock this thread no use

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks