Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2009, 12:33   #421
BHPian

Wow, Schumi is back! Its a really nice feeling to know that we can see Schumi and Ross Brawn back with their expertise on track. I would definitely side with the ones who say that Schumi's success was because of his unrelenting quest for mechanical perfection on his cars and the amazing feedback he would bring back to the team lap after lap. Communication is key in F1 and Schumi is one of the best feedback providers on the grid, IMHO. Cannot wait to see The Master back in action and back to his winning ways. However, I do feel that he will have a tough fight for the championship.
Old 26th December 2009, 17:06   #422

Never been a Schumi fan, but I guess if he make a mark he shall take the "Best ever" to a next level. all the best for him .

Sometimes i wonder if he feels that there is no credible opposition in the 2010 Grid. he never had a worthy competitor after Mika.

Hamilton and Alonso fans might of course disagree. Time will answer!!
Old 26th December 2009, 17:19   #423
Senior - BHPian

Thank you Schumi!

Since 1998 I am watching F1 and grown along with MS & Ferrari. At that time I had dreamt a lot of watching F1 in India along race track. On 2006 when first rumor came out on Indian GP, sadly Schumi was on his way to retirement.

WOW!!!

See, even the Indian GP is delayed by one more year (2012), then also we can watch the Magician's classic drive on our home soil. Thank you Schumi!

Cheers for all F1 fans...
Old 26th December 2009, 23:24   #424
BHPian

Awesome news, schumi is gonna come back home i.e. F1 circuit. It will only make F1 better. No doubt about it. And this time around he has many worthy competitors with eaqually good cars. This all adds up as rocking time for us in front of our TVs.

I read somewhere after winning some championships with ferrari he once said whenever he will race, it will be for ferrari. I guess he is not the man of his words.
Old 4th January 2010, 17:05   #425
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianvirus View Post
Awesome news, schumi is gonna come back home i.e. F1 circuit. It will only make F1 better. No doubt about it. And this time around he has many worthy competitors with eaqually good cars. This all adds up as rocking time for us in front of our TVs.

I read somewhere after winning some championships with ferrari he once said whenever he will race, it will be for ferrari. I guess he is not the man of his words.
Schuey's return has triggered interest in F1 like never before...and a man of words??? he always is and if not for Ferrari loyalty he would have jumped seats after 2006 itself...FERRARI forced him into retirement...

As the master himself said, if not for that combination of Ross and Merc, he would have never competed again...and above everything..he still remembers Merc which helped him in his initial days of career...
Old 4th January 2010, 23:09   #426
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianvirus View Post

Its not off topic. Its very strange that he should go with Ross Brawn rather than his old team. But with Ferrari hiring drivers by the dozen, they just ended up with no space for Schumacher.
Old 5th January 2010, 00:18   #427
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Its not off topic. Its very strange that he should go with Ross Brawn rather than his old team. But with Ferrari hiring drivers by the dozen, they just ended up with no space for Schumacher.
Of all people, Schumi would know better how much Ross Brawn is actually worth. So even if there was space in Ferrari, I don't think Schumi was too keen to get into full time racing with Ferrari again.

If Brawn was not with Ferrari, we would have witnessed a different F1 history.

Last edited by SilentEngine : 5th January 2010 at 00:22.
Old 6th January 2010, 16:08   #428
BHPian

Look guys.... you cant keep schumi out of the cockpit for long... you guys are talking about not racing for ferrari.. but did ferrari thought of him before signing alonso...???
If they are not being loyal to him by not offering him a race seat... then why shudnt he find a seat for himself.. remember.. if ferrari gave him championships so did michael to them...
the crux is... everyone will be glued to the television.. f1 bars will start advance bookings... and the world will be watching this magician...
Old 6th January 2010, 16:09   #429
BHPian

Highlights from the past 10 years of motorsports selected by Reuters motor racing correspondent Alan Baldwin:

Driver of the decade
With his astonishing seven Formula One championships, Michael Schumacher could be the driver of the century as much as the decade. He is poised to increase his tally still further after coming out of retirement in December 2009 to drive for
Mercedes.
The German does have his rivals for the accolade, however. France's Sebastien Loeb has won six world rally championships in a row while in America Jimmie Johnson has racked up an unprecedented four successive NASCAR titles. And that's not counting the irrepressible showman Valentino Rossi in MotoGP.

When asked about the return of his former protege Michael Schumacher to the sport, Briatore said: "In a difficult year where everything was manipulated by Mosley, that's the only good news."

Source: Reuters
Old 12th January 2010, 03:51   #430
BHPian

Not the Mercedes Shumi. You complete Ferrari completes You! Why... Why..??

Anyways, Best of luck
Old 25th January 2010, 21:20   #431
BANNED

Quotes from Rediff.com:

Michael Schumacher sauntered back into the Formula One limelight in Mercedes overalls on Monday to kick off his bid for a record eighth title at the ripe old age of 41.

Returning to centre stage three years after he retired, the former Ferrari driver looked trim and relaxed as he appeared alongside fellow-German Nico Rosberg at a presentation of the Mercedes GP team.

"It's a great emotion and a great feeling I am getting," said Schumacher, the sport's most successful driver, in his first public appearance for his new team since announcing his comeback last month.

"Finally the 2010 Formula One season is firing up.

"I have to say that I am totally committed to this new challenge. This season feels like a re-start for me and I am so motivated."
Attached Thumbnails
What next Ferrari? EDIT: Schumi is BACK!! And with Mercedes Benz !!-25sld1.jpg  

Old 25th January 2010, 22:34   #432
BHPian

The Mercedes GP website is up now at www.mercedes-gp.com. They've got a nice intro video too.

I wonder if Schumi keeps the red helmet for next season though.
Old 26th January 2010, 02:59   #433
BHPian

And this is Ferrari's new livery:

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog....onsoricard.jpg
Introducing white color will surely piss off some traditionalists, but I think it looks good.

Mercedes unveiled their 2010 livery today:
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog....livery---0.jpg
Old 26th January 2010, 13:25   #434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by erohit View Post
And this is Ferrari's new livery:

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog....onsoricard.jpg
Introducing white color will surely piss off some traditionalists, but I think it looks good.
Yup, I dont like it! Why do they keep going farther away from Scarlet

Quote:
Mercedes unveiled their 2010 livery today:
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog....livery---0.jpg
As close to a true "Silver Arrow" livery as you can get me thinks. A little hint of black but thankfully no chrome.
Old 26th January 2010, 14:38   #435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomzi View Post
Yup, I dont like it! Why do they keep going farther away from Scarlet
Santander's colour are white logo/lettering on Red background, so maybe this Red lettering/logo on white background is to bring out a distinction from the ferrari red. Hey, they're paying a lot, so it better be very visible .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks