Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2009, 21:35   #106
BHPian

Hi i was there and had my first glimpse of a live F1 car. ! it was simply amazing and hair raising experience to see DC do the 360 spin. I was standing near to where he did the doughnuts in the people's gallery.

However, i would say the people at people's gallery was slightly dissapointed since he couldnt come for a second lap.
Also, the amazing and equally dissapointing thing was , it was all over in an eye blink. !! I wish i had a pass to the event :(

However i would say it was well worth the money spent(well, nothing!). .

I would say now stage is set for Force India to organize an even more rocking event in Mumbai. hehe. .

Last edited by jayakumarkp : 11th October 2009 at 21:39. Reason: Update
Old 11th October 2009, 21:37   #107
Senior - BHPian

Anyone knows what time did DC take to complete the sea link in the so-called 'warm-up lap'?
Old 11th October 2009, 22:02   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
Anyone knows what time did DC take to complete the sea link in the so-called 'warm-up lap'?
He was crawling. Nothing spectacular.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayakumarkp View Post
I wish i had a pass to the event :(
Believe me, you were in the best position. Invites are only for free food and sun shade. What you heard, witnessed and felt was truly the experience worth taking back with you. I was one of the track marshals near where the donuts were done. And it was worth standing in the sun for 3 hours, those 30 seconds.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 11th October 2009 at 22:03.
Old 11th October 2009, 22:14   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
Time for some videos now Being a track marshal, I was just a few feet away from the car! And the sound was just deafening!

Hope you guys enjoy these videos. Please put on your speakers to high volume to get the thrill. More coming soon.
He did some donuts at the end near the public visitors area as well, the video's been posted by me earlier. I think we track marshals were in the best position today, to view the action eh? I was one too, we should wear some Team-BHP thingy at such events to identify. Lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penno View Post
How many runs did he do ? I left after the 1st run . One of the volunteer boy's told me that he was gonna do a couple more runs ?
Err... that volunteer boy was me !! I'm sorry, I was told he'll do three. Anyway I'm sure it was pre-decided he's gona do just one run.
Old 11th October 2009, 22:57   #110
Senior - BHPian

Hey great report of the event and some nice pics.DC is always a great guy to watch.
Old 11th October 2009, 22:59   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
Err... that volunteer boy was me !! I'm sorry, I was told he'll do three. Anyway I'm sure it was pre-decided he's gona do just one run.
Ohh, 2 bhpian's meet and didn't even know it? oops!

I guess we need to have something to identify ourselves and to wear on meets.

A team-bhp cap perhaps??
Old 11th October 2009, 23:35   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomzi View Post
Ohh, 2 bhpian's meet and didn't even know it? oops!

I guess we need to have something to identify ourselves and to wear on meets.

A team-bhp cap perhaps??
I'm sure there were atleast twenty of us there today, some of whom I even know like Tejas and Jiggy. Couldn't spot them though. Just met Rehaan, Jitu and Dippy. Always happens at chaotic events

By the way, some true dedication to motorsport seen here. These guys climbed trees in wait, to see why such a massive crowd had gathered there !!

Red Bull F1 car @ Bandra Worli Sealink in Mumbai. UPDATE: Report & Videos pg7 onwards-photo0107.jpg

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 11th October 2009 at 23:37.
Old 12th October 2009, 00:39   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomzi View Post
A team-bhp cap perhaps??
Just in case you thought that suggestion was stupid, then theragingbull just joined your club No offence meant to anyone!
Old 12th October 2009, 01:52   #114

I expected more flair. And this somehow is a dissapointment. What I really want to see is This car around the chennai circuit!!
Old 12th October 2009, 02:00   #115
Senior - BHPian

Wow! What an experience. Had a great time. The weather was hot hot hot and the crowd was cooled down by some ice cold Red Bull, Water and some flavoured drinks.
There was a food layout too (best avoided)

Hooked up with Jiggy at the Reclamation and was lucky enough to get access to park in the VVIP parking. Entered through the place where DC was busy posing for the cameras. Spotted Dippy. Then got onto some enclosure where they were only allowing certain persons only. There was no criteria i guess but once the engine fired, everyone just barged into that stage kind of thing. Lucky for us, tDC thought of doing donuts right there.

Was so dumbfounded with the roar of the engine and the rubber burning that i didnt notice DC himself walk upto our stand and shake hands with a few o fus. Almost instinctively i gave my hand and he shook it. WOW!!

Now twell me a couple of times i thought i heard the car Misfire....was it only me??
Old 12th October 2009, 04:00   #116
BHPian

pace notes, post facto

I knew many bhpians would've been there. But, not having met any of them before, I might've walked past them - not knowing. :-)
I didn't have the entry-pass, so, was part of the outside-the-paddock junta... I did manage to meet Sahil (from Wizcraft?) who was looking forward to meeting Reehan and other bhpians. In order to make myself visible, was carrying a writing board with the 'got bhp?' sticker on it's back
Had jotted down a minute by minute round up ... here are the excerpts esp. for those who couldn't make it there today...
<eventually, I went to stand in the General public area (reclamation), at the fag end of RBR's run's path> : thankfully, they had installed a giant screen for our benefit :-)

1330 hrs : Engine fired for the audience. Lasted around 2 minutes. Again as before, prolonged cranking was necessary...
1435 hrs : Dry Ice being fed into the specially created 'bins' as pointed earlier...
1454 hrs : DC dawns the racing suit and the helmet... final checks in place. It was funny watching him suiting up while standing in front of a fan...
1455 hrs : gets into the car (cheers from the crowd)
1458 hrs : Gloves on, seat belts fastened...
1502 hrs : tyre covers come off
1503 hrs : DC is pushed (sadface - Pushed ?) out of the paddock and he takes control soon thereafter..
1503 and a few seconds later : he's at the sea-link and what seemed a pretty slow pace on the screen, reaches the Worli-end. It was a very bumpy ride, as was seen on the screen... a couple of people in the crowd actually moaned "Ouch" - me included ... <Now i realize why DC said he ain't gonna come back to India>
... few more seconds : as the cameraman adjusts his camera and zoom to capture the U turn and the subsequent run back, We see the car has already (almost) disappeared into the fag end of the camera's view zone.. Such was the speed DC achieved in the run back to the Bandra reclamation
- 1508 hrs : he makes a couple of 360s in front of the VIP paddock (and waves to the public : one handed donuts :-) ) and runs down the reclamation part of the highway to the cheers of the croud... He burns the rubber again at the end of the straight and revvs his way back to the paddock area.
1509 hrs : the car stalls near the paddock zone and a couple of RBR engineers were seen rushing towards DC and the car.

for these six odd minutes, nothing mattered : not the sun, not the sweaty pushy crowd, not the people who blocked my view... nothing. For these minutes, and especially the 5 odd seconds when the car passed from where i was standing, I tasted pure bliss.

During the event i ran into team Orion Racing (Formula Student team from KJSom), Dylan (am i spelling it right?) from AutoCar, Mrinal from Rajiv Gandhi institute's Mini Baja team...

Post the event, I went and checked all the cars parked on the KC Road - for team-bhp stickers :( .. din't find any .. Although I waited next to a seemingly spiced up white Zen hoping it might belong to a bhpian-but the owner didn't turn up till it was well past 1615 hrs.. So, had to leave

Last edited by Rehaan : 12th October 2009 at 12:55. Reason: 4 smileys.
Manas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2009, 07:13   #117
BHPian

Heres the link to the video where DC answered questions after the drive. This is the 1st part, the 2nd part would be up soon.
Old 12th October 2009, 09:42   #118
BHPian

Heres the 2nd part of the DC press talk.
Old 12th October 2009, 10:45   #119
Distinguished - BHPian

This is the closest i have ever got to a F1 car when it started and revved. I was just 7 feet away from the car in the paddock area. Trust me, the noise was deafening! There were two kids around who just dropped and were disoriented after that for quite a while.
The organizers and the crew should have realized this and kept a safety distance or atleast given everyone around ear plugs.

Can't wait for the Red Bull advertisement to come out now. This event was solely done to shoot an ad. They had chartered air-force helicopters and were filming from there.

Our esteemed commissioner of police was in my books, the joke of the day. After posing with DC, and making his entire extended family pose with him, he then wanted to sit in the car. He nearly managed to put in one leg in the car before the red bull crew literally pulled him out! I shudder to imagine what will happen when F1 racing starts in India! Every dhoti and lungi totting politician, his PA and pet dog will invade the pits, spit paan and want to sit in the car!
Old 12th October 2009, 11:16   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
This is the closest i have ever got to a F1 car when it started and revved. I was just 7 feet away from the car in the paddock area. Trust me, the noise was deafening!
+1

Quote:
The organizers and the crew should have realized this and kept a safety distance or atleast given everyone around ear plugs.
As track marshalls, they didn't give me anything more than a shiny yellow jacket, an ID and instructions on how to use a fire extinguisher.

Quote:
Our esteemed commissioner of police was in my books, the joke of the day. After posing with DC, and making his entire extended family pose with him, he then wanted to sit in the car. He nearly managed to put in one leg in the car before the red bull crew literally pulled him out! I shudder to imagine what will happen when F1 racing starts in India! Every dhoti and lungi totting politician, his PA and pet dog will invade the pits, spit paan and want to sit in the car!
Just impossible for some people to behave in a dignified manner, with respect for rules and limits.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks