Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2005, 10:46   #1
Senior - BHPian

French Grand Prix '05 : Predictions and post race comments

The stage is set to what is going to be another cracker of a race. Fernando back on top at pole with the oh so reliable Toyota Trulli combi lining up next to him. Kimi got P3 but his penalty sending him 10 places down. And well well that puts Schumi on 3rd. Sato did well to put himself and BAR on 4th with the second Ferrari 5th.

Let get the predictions in fellows. I predict Schumi, Alonso and Kimi on the podium not in any particular order really. Nowadays predictions go for a toss you see . Kimi why? because I'm sure hes going to fight up the grid to get up there.

Narain good going on 17th and I hope he drives sensibly and finishes the race.

Its go to Magny-Cours

Dippy
Old 3rd July 2005, 10:54   #2
Senior - BHPian

If Alonso doesnt finish this race or does not get a result, Kimi or Michael could spoil his chances of becoming the youngest champion in F1. And i would love to see that happen, muhahah
Old 3rd July 2005, 11:03   #3
Senior - BHPian

If alll goes well for alonso..hhe might just find hmself a 1st place on the podium..
last year schumi won here with a 4 stop strategy...this year for some reason they prefer to run the car heavier in eacch race ...

Kimi from 3place on the grid would have been had a great chance to win...they have a great car no dbout so does renualt...this is a complete renaults race ..i see them manage a huge lead and pit early set the race pace therafter ...
Trulli and schumi battle should be good to watch...
Old 3rd July 2005, 12:42   #4
BHPian

What time is the race?? Didnt see the timings in the paper......help!
Old 3rd July 2005, 13:00   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manticore
What time is the race?? Didnt see the timings in the paper......help!
The Race will be telecasted on ESPN this time, Race day will start at 4:30PM.

Well my predction is 1st Fernando, 2nd Michael, 3rd Trulli, 4th Fisi, the renaults are looking very strong and much better than Mclaren.
Old 3rd July 2005, 13:30   #6
Senior - BHPian

ahahah ..this is what completely sucks ...
wimbeldon finals is on today !!

pretty bugged with stars sports ...i am watching yesterdays qualifying right now ..
Old 3rd July 2005, 13:41   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar24
Well my predction is 1st Fernando, 2nd Michael, 3rd Trulli, 4th Fisi, the renaults are looking very strong and much better than Mclaren.
kimi is driving a very heavy mclaren ... even then kimi managed 3rd on the grid ..unfortunately he will be penalised for changing the engine ..montoya messed up his run ...mclarens dont fare well in this race ..but they certainly have the quickest cars this season ...
Old 3rd July 2005, 15:23   #8
Senior - BHPian

No predictions, its just too difficult to predict any race. Would love to see a Ferrari 1-2 OR a Toyota win.
Old 3rd July 2005, 20:46   #9
Senior - BHPian

WHOA!! what a race by Kimi, all the way from 13th to 2nd!!! and Michael was third, but the hard thing....Alonso first :( Anyway was an awesome race, looks like its gonna be a tight season this year.
Old 3rd July 2005, 21:37   #10
Senior - BHPian

wicked wicked race !!! but had to watch it with my gf so missed out on the commentary and a few moments on track ...(like how did montoya retire ?how many stops did kimi make ?)

damn ..what a race for Kimi eh !!
I find those 5 fingers flashing by Flavio and Alonso after the race finish vey g@y (no offence to meant to anyone)..nodout this win has put him in a very comfortable position to secure the championship .. but anything can happen in F-1 ..coz i am very optimistic about Kimi ...
Old 3rd July 2005, 22:12   #11
Senior - BHPian

It was an excellent race by Fernando, just dominated the whole race. He was just flying from the beginning. It would have been nice to see Schumi on the p2, but he was held by Jarno in the beginning and was losing pace in the finishing stage. Once again bad luck for Fisi as always this season.
Old 4th July 2005, 14:13   #12
Senior - BHPian

great race .. kimi all the way .. I'd still give him half a shot at the championships ..

btw, did you guys notice the accuracy of Dippy's predictions !! man you should have bet on this race big time !!
Old 4th July 2005, 14:27   #13
Team-BHP Support

Was a dull race with all the overtaking done in the pits. Mclaren really has got what seem's to be a super quick car over qualifying as well as the race. If only they can workout the gremlins, they have a good shot at the championship.

Ferrari benefited from JPM's problem to get on the podium, but almost 1 lap down, its nothing to write home about. They really need some pace!
Old 4th July 2005, 14:36   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
btw, did you guys notice the accuracy of Dippy's predictions !! man you should have bet on this race big time !!
LOL Yeah I noticed that. Used to get a lotta prizes at one point of time for correct predictions

Dippy
Old 4th July 2005, 14:42   #15
Team-BHP Support

.................and no one talks about Mr NK in Jordan anymore !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks