Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2009, 09:44   #91
Senior - BHPian

Congrats to FI. First GOI declares the sport as entertainment the then we come second in the immediate race. Hmmm..
Old 31st August 2009, 09:45   #92
JVH
Senior - BHPian

IIRC, VJM after acquiring Force India had targetted a podium finish within 3 years.

He has achieved this within 2nd year itself and how!

KUDOS to Force India!
Old 31st August 2009, 09:48   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Congrats to FI. First GOI declares the sport as entertainment the then we come second in the immediate race. Hmmm..
Well, it is entertainment - werent a billion..err maybe atleast a million F1 fans from India Entertained?

The race was spectacular. And it was good to see Kimi in form too.
Old 31st August 2009, 10:20   #94
Senior - BHPian

What a super feeling it is! I guess FI is the most improved team of the year. Race pace showed that pole was no fluke.

Looks like Red Bull has gone back to the slim nose design. The Toro Rossos are running the wide nose cars now.

Alonso has wretched luck. He did well to get the car upto 3rd, for however long it lasted.
Old 31st August 2009, 10:24   #95
Senior - BHPian

Awesome! Its a superb feeling to see a FI driver on the podium!

We should have more tracks like this one.
Old 31st August 2009, 10:26   #96
BHPian

Sorry to spoil the party mood, but I am always skeptical of corporate events, sports or otherwise. Seems quite similar to the way when suddenly all Indian women were winning Miss World. Ofcourse, it was for the cosmetic giants to come into India in a big way.
With F1 viewership down in Europe, India, China and other SE Asian countries are their next big hope and what do you know - voila, Force India is on the podium.
Old 31st August 2009, 10:33   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeler_Rebeiro View Post
Sorry to spoil the party mood, but I am always skeptical of corporate events, sports or otherwise. Seems quite similar to the way when suddenly all Indian women were winning Miss World. Ofcourse, it was for the cosmetic giants to come into India in a big way.
With F1 viewership down in Europe, India, China and other SE Asian countries are their next big hope and what do you know - voila, Force India is on the podium.

Please get real and dont go into these absurd conspiracy theories. If that were the case, how do you explain Sutil coming in 11 despite a very agressive drive on his part.

And then, why wait till the last few races of the season to give FI its points. In case this needed to be rigged, there were many more opportunities- remember Sutils near 4th place in Monte Carlo.

Please give credit where it is due. this is one team that has quietly plugged away and shown incremental improvements all thru this reason. Spa was where it all came together since this is a high downforce circuit and aero is where FI has made tremendous improvments.
Old 31st August 2009, 10:39   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
Please get real and dont go into these absurd conspiracy theories. If that were the case, how do you explain Sutil coming in 11 despite a very agressive drive on his part.

And then, why wait till the last few races of the season to give FI its points. In case this needed to be rigged, there were many more opportunities- remember Sutils near 4th place in Monte Carlo.

Please give credit where it is due. this is one team that has quietly plugged away and shown incremental improvements all thru this reason. Spa was where it all came together since this is a high downforce circuit and aero is where FI has made tremendous improvments.
+100 to that .

Seeler: Do you really believe that other cars lowered their speed for Fisi to qualify at the pole and then did not try to beat him at the race because Bernie told them to allow him for India is an upcoming market. Wow, thats some very high thinking.
Old 31st August 2009, 10:40   #99
Senior - BHPian

Now F1 will soon become a 'Sport' for GOI. Whatever, If India is benefitting, so be it.
And Congrats again FI, VM..etc.
Old 31st August 2009, 10:42   #100
JVH
Senior - BHPian

There will be critics whenever one analyzes an action/event whether its a sport or a corporate event or a film.

But Seeler, even the harshest critics will not buy into your theory. What are you trying to imply? FI got some kind of support in rigging the race? The other teams deliberately let FI get the podium?

Sorry - Don't buy that.
Old 31st August 2009, 10:47   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
+100 to that .

Seeler: Do you really believe that other cars lowered their speed for Fisi to qualify at the pole and then did not try to beat him at the race because Bernie told them to allow him for India is an upcoming market. Wow, thats some very high thinking.
Can I also ask you, if you really do believe that all of a sudden Indian women were the best beauties and brains in the world - Sushmita, Aishwarya, Priyanka etc... Remember those days when the press went all overboard ... Do you remember the glory days of Sharjah, with all matches fixed as we realised it later, eh ? It does not need high thinking, just be grounded in reality. Follow the money.
Old 31st August 2009, 10:49   #102
Senior - BHPian

agreed it sounds like a far fetched theory, and it doesn't have any proof, and brand me a conspiracy theorist if you like, but as seeler said, it all seems too coincidental to me as well.
Old 31st August 2009, 10:49   #103
Senior - BHPian

I watched the race, but it left me cold. What is the Indian presence in FI, except the owner? Not the driver, not the car, not the crew. It is very pretentious to call it Force India. Might as well have named it King Fisher instead.
Old 31st August 2009, 10:55   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
I watched the race, but it left me cold. What is the Indian presence in FI, except the owner? Not the driver, not the car, not the crew. It is very pretentious to call it Force India. Might as well have named it King Fisher instead.
Indian ownership
indian Money
Indian Owner got the appropriate management team together using his business acumen.
Indian Owner got mercedes to supply its engine and gearbox for the first time ever to another team.

Sheesh! some people just want to criticize for the heck of it! learn to have pride in the achievements of your countrymen- Mallya did what no one thought possible.

If the race left you cold, go take a hot shower!
Old 31st August 2009, 10:59   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
Indian ownership
indian Money
Indian Owner got the appropriate management team together using his business acumen.
Indian Owner got mercedes to supply its engine and gearbox for the first time ever to another team.

Sheesh! some people just want to criticize for the heck of it! learn to have pride in the achievements of your countrymen- Mallya did what no one thought possible.
Yup. Some part of the money i spend on every KF beer that i drink goes into that car

Not for nothing do they play the winning driver's team owner's country's national anthem.

As for conspiracy theorists, I am glad they got something to kill their time with.

I am just happy to see the Indian colors on the podium.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks