Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2009, 21:37   #16
BHPian

Well let the business and everything else remain. I just feel Fisichella should have remained in Force India, he will definitely race the remaining races in this season but then they have already termed him to be reserve driver for the next season.
Old 3rd September 2009, 23:31   #17
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rranjith_kum View Post
Well let the business and everything else remain. I just feel Fisichella should have remained in Force India, he will definitely race the remaining races in this season but then they have already termed him to be reserve driver for the next season.
Could'nt agree less.

A good move, but only for a short term.

Long term prospects for Fisi at Ferrari will only do more harm than any gain.

Anyway's will be interesting to see who's filling in the Force India car the next race.
Old 4th September 2009, 01:49   #18
Senior - BHPian

Vijay Mallya is a businessman and a very good one at that. I am sure this step would bring him in the good books of Ferrari along with some other benefits which we cant really imagine. Good for Ferrari and good for Fisi. There can be no greater honor for him in his entire career than to drive for his home team in his country.
Old 4th September 2009, 05:22   #19
BHPian

Bad News.

I thought Giancarlo had a good chance at Monza too.

Luizzi is also an Italian Driver and he is quiet fast so expect good things from him too.

Indian Driver in Force India will be just like Italian Driver in Ferrari : Underperformer. :(

I truly hope for Giancarlo that he is fast as he has the Best chance to win the Italian GP.
Old 4th September 2009, 07:38   #20
BHPian

I think it was a wise decision by Vijay Mallya to let Fisichella go to Ferrari. I don't want to steal Fisi's thunder, but there's no way he could've scored that podium without a fast car. And since he's already 36 years old, and one of the oldest drivers on the grid, it would be a good way for him to "retire", as Ferrari's second driver for the rest of the season, and then their reserve driver for next season.

If Force India have a fast car as we saw in Belgium, then it is more "profitable" to train someone younger like Sutil or even get some fresh talent like Karun Chandok or some upcoming GP2 driver. Will be a better investment for Mallya. Of course they can also give Liuzzi the driver's seat and see how he performs, which is most likely to happen, at least in Monza.
Old 4th September 2009, 09:53   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Why isnt an Indian allowed to drive in an Indian Formula team going by Mallya's italian sentiment? For sure, this a debt payback scheme.
I don't think they are ready. If I am right, Karun wants to be more consistent in winning in existing series before switching to the big one. I don't think narain and VM get along too well.
Old 4th September 2009, 10:51   #22
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys,

Here is my take on this - Fisi's move to Ferrari may be a disappointment and here's why:

1. Fisi came 2nd in the Belgian GP. He was never more than a second away from Kimi in a KERS equiped Ferrari. This shows that a Force India car is as quick, if not quicker than a Ferrari.

2. Fisi's move to Ferrari will have Kimi become more aggressive as he has to prove his place in the team. That means Fisi has to firstly compete with Kimi.

3. Fisi's move to Ferrari will have Sutil become more aggressive as he knows he has a car as quick as a Ferrari and will try and prove his seat in Force India. So, Fisi has to compete with Sutil.

4. Fisi is Italian, the Ferrari team is Italian and the race is the italian GP which is the the home race for Ferrari and Fisi. Which means Fisi will be under tremendous pressure to perform and I am sure Ferrari will expect a 1..2.. finish at Monza. Kimi is used to being on the podium, Fisi is not!

However, these are just my opinions and thoughts. its F1 and anything can happen.
Old 4th September 2009, 11:24   #23
BANNED

An Italian driver in a Ferrari. I hope he can cope with the pressure!!!
Old 4th September 2009, 11:31   #24
Senior - BHPian

Vijay Mallya did an extremely nice thing to release Fischichella to Ferrari,in view of latters career aspirations.This will also help Mr.Mallya to garner better engines from Ferrari..may be !!!
Old 4th September 2009, 11:49   #25
BHPian

Considering Luca Badoer's performance, Ferrari will be desparate to get some driver. As race shows, any driver on the grid is performing better than Luca. To add to the pressure, a resurgent McLaren in trailing close behind Ferrari and Luca is not helping in anyway.

Personally I don't think Fisi is good enough seeing that he was consistently beaten by Alonso earlier, still he's much better than Luca for sure. And was it me, I would replace Luca with any driver currently racing. However getting a good one will not easy as there are only few more races for the season. Top drivers will want a more permanent settlement and not temporary. While of course lower ones will be happy to get a seat, any seat. Not saying is Fisi is among the lower rung drivers, just that he's not among the top. With three top names (Kimi, Massa, Alonso) already hovering over ferrari for next year, I don't know where Fisi fits in. And I don't think Ferrari is considering to give Fisi a permanent driver seat for next season. So best guess is test/backup driver. Fisi is also past his prime + he's not champion material. He may have decided to settle for a more steady life for the rest of his career. He would be smart to do that.

Last edited by kaynmantis : 4th September 2009 at 11:51.
Old 4th September 2009, 12:06   #26
Senior - BHPian

Personally I feel cheated, just when I thought that FI was doing something right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
Why can't he do the same for an Indian driver?
Will he also come with the same moolah & the advantages of releasing Giancarlo to Ferrari ?
Old 4th September 2009, 12:40   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Vijay Mallya did an extremely nice thing to release Fischichella to Ferrari,in view of latters career aspirations.This will also help Mr.Mallya to garner better engines from Ferrari..may be !!!

Agreed it will do more good to Fisi than Ferrari.
KF man might have just did if for the $ involved.
Don't forget Ferrari engines were out and Merc engines were plonked in start of this season, if I remember correctly. So a new engine deal IMO is unlikely.
Old 4th September 2009, 12:52   #28
BHPian

Good for Fisci.
Fisci would be reserve/test driver for Ferrari F1 2010 session.

As for Force India , i guess best bet is their reserve driver.

I think 2010 line up is looking very complicated.
  • Kimi replacing Rubino at Brawn GP
  • Rosberg replacing Hekki at Mclaren
  • Alonso replacing Kimi at Ferrari
  • Nick/Robert to take Alonso's seat at renault
I free seat at Force India, 6 seats with the 3 new teams... lots of chances.
Geek read somewhere Jacques Villeneuve hanging around .. God know now what ?
Old 4th September 2009, 13:45   #29
BHPian

Saw this funny and humorous picture on the net.
Attached Thumbnails
ForceIndia F1 Team Release Fisi to Join Ferrari EDIT :Luizzi to Force India-fisiferrari.jpg  

Old 4th September 2009, 14:50   #30
Senior - BHPian

Ah man, he looks like an excited boy with his new toy

The excitement is quite obvious on his face!
Attached Thumbnails
ForceIndia F1 Team Release Fisi to Join Ferrari EDIT :Luizzi to Force India-1252045152.jpg  

Most Viewed