Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Who'll drive the Force India F1 car
Karun Chandok 51 68.92%
Narain Karthikeyan 23 31.08%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2009, 10:40   #16
Senior - BHPian

Since when did Monterio set such stunning performances that we take such pride in NK beating him? At the end of the day, he got his shot in F1 with Jordan and Williams and he didn't impress any team enough to earn a race seat. He's a good driver, going by A1 GP, but is clearly not good enough to be at the top of F1.

I don't know about KC but going by MPower's posts, he's clearly not good enough either. So let him have some more time till he conquers the GP2 field before we think of an F1 drive for him. Even horrendously bad drivers like Piquet actually won every lower series before they got into F1.

Force India should therfore hire the best they can afford if they want to be successful. And personally, I'd rather see them succeed with established drivers, even if that means foreigners, than fail by hiring those who can't compete at the top level.
Old 5th September 2009, 11:34   #17
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Force India should therfore hire the best they can afford if they want to be successful. And personally, I'd rather see them succeed with established drivers, even if that means foreigners, than fail by hiring those who can't compete at the top level.
+1. We would like to see a good race not misplaced patriotism.
Old 5th September 2009, 11:56   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just stating facts here.

I agree, Indy was a rare and expensive goof-up by NK. Otherwise his performance was better than Tiago? that season. Who knows where KC would have finished.

NK has a better record than KC overall. He finished third in British F3 behind people like Button and Sato.

They did race together in the Nissan World series and NK easily beat KC.

KC was ousted from A1gp for lack of results. NK took over and the results improved dramatically..including poduims.

At 32, the only issue with NK on paper ......is age.
So why not give him a chance to prove his worth? If KC can't cope up with F1, he himself will realise it and back off. The more they delay KCs entry into F1 the more difficult it'l be for him to adjust.

Look at Luca, ace test driver, has prob done more laps in an F1 car than most F1 drivers but he no longer has that racer's edge.

Shan2nu
Old 5th September 2009, 13:55   #19
Senior - BHPian

I think its going to be Vitantiano Liuzzi. Mods can his name be put up on the poll.

Narain, now way, Mallya didnt even cared to call his for test drives when he was finalizing his drivers.
Old 5th September 2009, 13:55   #20
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post
So why not give him a chance to prove his worth? If KC can't cope up with F1, he himself will realise it and back off. The more they delay KCs entry into F1 the more difficult it'l be for him to adjust.

Look at Luca, ace test driver, has prob done more laps in an F1 car than most F1 drivers but he no longer has that racer's edge.

Shan2nu
Its the right time to get KC into the Force India Car, before the start of next season, Vijay Mallya will have some idea about how good or bad KC is.

Last few races can be like testing and choosing the Best of the available lot.

In turn the next season, Force India will have a good driver driving the already Fantastic Car.
Old 5th September 2009, 14:18   #21
BHPian

i think KC is sure to take the seat of fisi next year. He is young and drives pretty well in GP2 unlike NK who is a old man now and besides that i don`t think he shares good relations with mallaya.
Old 5th September 2009, 14:20   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
+1. We would like to see a good race not misplaced patriotism.
++1 to that!

Now that Force India has got into the winning stride (podium+points, just points, all welcome ), I would like to see it turn into a habit. If VJM feels NK or KC can cut it, fine, if not, that okay as well.
Old 5th September 2009, 15:22   #23
BHPian

i agree with pavan. Karan should be given a oppurtunity to race the rest of the season. If he doesn't cut it, they can hire another driver for next season.
Old 5th September 2009, 15:31   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post
So why not give him a chance to prove his worth? If KC can't cope up with F1, he himself will realise it and back off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
Narain, now way, Mallya didnt even cared to call his for test drives when he was finalizing his drivers.
I guess Mallaya can do that but it would be an expensive experiment if he fails. The whole point of ladder series like Gp2 that runs in the morning on the same track is to put drivers in front of F1 managers to prove their worth.

I realize NK will not happen due to ego issues, but if Mallaya really wants an Indian driver, then give KC a 4th driver status for a year with lots of testing exp.
Old 5th September 2009, 15:44   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I guess Mallaya can do that but it would be an expensive experiment if he fails. The whole point of ladder series like Gp2 that runs in the morning on the same track is to put drivers in front of F1 managers to prove their worth.
Who Mallya wants is a diff story altogether.

The thread was regarding Mallya's choice between KC and NK (if he had to choose between the 2). On this front i think KC would have been the one.

Shan2nu
Old 5th September 2009, 16:13   #26
BHPian

My vote goes for Karun Chandhok, as he is already doing well with other races, Perhaps if he is trained/groomed for F1 will definitely do better.
Old 5th September 2009, 16:40   #27
BHPian

Yes, I will also vote for Karun Chandhok as he is much younger than Narain Karthikeyan & also performing much well in Formula 2 BMW series.
Old 5th September 2009, 16:54   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
I realize NK will not happen due to ego issues, but if Mallaya really wants an Indian driver, then give KC a 4th driver status for a year with lots of testing exp.
With in season testing banned, I doubt KC would be doing much work as a fourth driver. The lack of testing means that most of the winter testing will also be done by the race drivers who need a feel for the car. Its either a racing seat or at the very least a third driver seat that he should aim for. If not, he's better off trying to improve his GP2 record than sitting around in the garages and watching.

Last edited by McLaren Rulez : 5th September 2009 at 16:58.
Old 5th September 2009, 18:03   #29
Senior - BHPian

KC's taken a different path to reach F1. This is his 3rd season in GP2 and is now currently the senior driver in a new team.
Let him soak into GP2 really well before hitting F1 so that he won't do a 'Luca Badoer' in his first season.
Old 5th September 2009, 18:55   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jraj View Post
I think its hightime we stop this act of criticising NK - everyone has their opinion based on Indy alone.

Narain,outqualified Monteiro almost entire season(barring 2-3 GP's).NK was the jinxed one,when it came to reliability amongst the 2005 Jordan-Toyota cars.He had lot of electrical \ hydraulic failures the entire season.

NK was consistently faster than Monteiro and I remember seeing him outpacing Monteiro on almost all races.

Monteiro did finish more number of races,considering the fact that he didnt have as many reliability issues as NK did and he always did a Luca badoer,which is, pussy footing across the race track - I for one would rate the person who drives the same machine faster higher.

PS:Have any problem,go to The Official Formula 1 Website and check the 2005 season results - it will even show teh starting grid.You will get to see what I am talking about.

enough of NK he is Indian agreed but all over hyped and no great talent to be in F1 with bigboys. he couldn't shine even in A1GPs and gp series forget about winning such series, I know how it feels for you since he is also fellow Tamilian.
Sorry I am not trying to hurt any community or anyone here.

NK is such a cry baby he likes to blame every problem on either car or some other circumstance, Plus he never takes the responsibility.
read his comments after every race. you will see similar lines blaming his failures on other factors even though other cars were 100% similar.

Finally if he had that spark in him Mallya would have signed him a lot earlier.

P.S.: MODs. if my post hurts anyone please delete it before it starts some mudslinging

Last edited by FERRO : 5th September 2009 at 18:57.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks