View Poll Results: Who'll drive the Force India F1 car
Karun Chandok 51 68.92%
Narain Karthikeyan 23 31.08%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2009, 19:20   #31
BHPian

Ferro,
I dont know how you make your views,but as far as I am concerned,me being Tamilian or being Indian doesnt influence my views.I was only trying to bring up some facts which we all tend to oversee.

IMHO,to judge a person's skills in the world of F1,you need to compare it only with another who has a similar package to you.We all know how much the machine you drive can change your standing in the pack - unless your name starts with M and ends with R.

So,I was only putting across my view that NK isnt as bad as some people here like to claim.Whenever the discussion on NK comes up,everyone goes "finishing 4th in a 6 car race blah blah blah".I was only aiming to get some facts across the board.

That said,I believe TBhp is a democratic forum.What I said was my view and I respect the fact that you dont have to have the same view as well.

Edit:On him being a crybaby,I think his car broke down more number of times than his colleague and can very well understand his frustration

Last edited by jraj : 5th September 2009 at 19:22.
Old 5th September 2009, 20:01   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FERRO View Post
I know how it feels for you since he is also fellow Tamilian.
With all due respects to you Ferro, I think that is absolute nonsense. I think Karun Chandhok is also from Chennai, in that case.

Last edited by Gansan : 5th September 2009 at 20:03.
Old 5th September 2009, 20:56   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jraj View Post
Ferro,
I dont know how you make your views,but as far as I am concerned,me being Tamilian or being Indian doesnt influence my views.I was only trying to bring up some facts which we all tend to oversee.
You're right, jraj. But I would like to add that there is nothing wrong in supporting him for being a Tamilian, and for the rest of us, because he is an Indian. The reason why we were all pleased when Force India won is because we are....Indian! Its natural to do so. Even though NK's clearly not fast enough for F1, he has still achieved quite a bit in his career so hats off to him for that. And he is certainly the best that Indian motorsport has produced to date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jraj View Post
We all know how much the machine you drive can change your standing in the pack - unless your name starts with M and ends with R.
Totally agree. I'm a Mark Webber fan myself

Last edited by McLaren Rulez : 5th September 2009 at 21:02.
Old 6th September 2009, 00:15   #34
Senior - BHPian

I think Liuzzi might be the choice. It may not be a good idea to bring in a new comer at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Totally agree. I'm a Mark Webber fan myself
I want Mark to be WDC this year. He is a great guy.
Old 6th September 2009, 00:55   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcl rulez
But I would like to add that there is nothing wrong in supporting him for being a Tamilian, and for the rest of us, because he is an Indian. The reason why we were all pleased when Force India won is because we are....Indian! Its natural to do so. Even though NK's clearly not fast enough for F1, he has still achieved quite a bit in his career so hats off to him for that. And he is certainly the best that Indian motorsport has produced to date.
+1

@Ferro: Thanks for bringing in one's mother tongue into this. It can't get any lower than this on here.
Old 6th September 2009, 08:00   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
You're right, jraj. But I would like to add that there is nothing wrong in supporting him for being a Tamilian, and for the rest of us, because he is an Indian. The reason why we were all pleased when Force India won is because we are....Indian! Its natural to do so. Even though NK's clearly not fast enough for F1, he has still achieved quite a bit in his career so hats off to him for that. And he is certainly the best that Indian motorsport has produced to date.
well said. any race driver from any part of india will still have the racing blood flowing in him. as long as he gets to carry the indian flag around.

back to topic. NK's got age against him. by the time he copes up to the car (he takes lotsa time there) he'll be thinking of quitting F1. who's got the patience.
I voted for KC for 2 reasons. KC still has the learning edge in him and I reckon that'll get him to paces soon. KC and father are very close to Mallya and could almost be logical choice when he does his "which indian driver" thinking.
Old 6th September 2009, 10:03   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post
back to topic. NK's got age against him. by the time he copes up to the car (he takes lotsa time there) he'll be thinking of quitting F1. who's got the patience.
I voted for KC for 2 reasons. KC still has the learning edge in him and I reckon that'll get him to paces soon. KC and father are very close to Mallya and could almost be logical choice when he does his "which indian driver" thinking.
I remember when Mallaya rejected both NK and KC when he made his initial selections, NK reacted quite angrily while KC took it well and his statement was pretty mild. I guess that was the real turning point in the Mallaya NK relationship. Went past the brink there, if you ask me.
Old 6th September 2009, 11:17   #38
Senior - BHPian

My vote for karan. NK not bad.
Old 6th September 2009, 11:54   #39

i would say KC! coz he has been doing fairly well in the GP2.. and he is yopunf NK is now moving towards the retirement age of his career
Old 6th September 2009, 15:28   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
+1

@Ferro: Thanks for bringing in one's mother tongue into this. It can't get any lower than this on here.
with due respect if you read my post correctly i already said sorry. My post was not directed towards any mother-tongue, imagine myself being south Indian why would i do such thing.? My post only meant that some people blindly supported NK i was only stating his negative points. If you guys still think i was wrong, i am extremely sorry pls accept my apologies.
Old 7th September 2009, 11:48   #41
GTO
Team-BHP Support

As much as I'd like to see an Indian driver on the F1 grid again, if Force India really wants to succeed, they shouldn't choose drivers based on their nationality. Of course, an Indian driver will do wonders for the Marketing & PR back home.

If it comes down to the poll options, Karun Chandok it is.
Old 7th September 2009, 11:57   #42
Senior - BHPian

Heart says KC. But if Force India have to develop a competitive car for next year, they need someone a bit more experienced. Liuzzi fits that bill.
Old 7th September 2009, 12:25   #43
BHPian

i would go for Luizzi. But between KC and NK, My vote is for NK mainly because of his experience and one should also remember that the car that he was driving wasnt the same as the one that Fisi took the podium. Maybe NK should be given a chance with the new car, who knows we could have a winner in our hands. Also I would also like to propose my office cabbie sommanna, he defenitely can give all these guys a run for their money.
Old 7th September 2009, 14:51   #44
Senior - BHPian

For those who are talking of NK not being as good as his team mate, KC is not doing well either in GP2, his team mate is 6th in point standings and KC is on 18th. Last year KC was 10th while his team mate Bruno Senna was 2nd in the standings. In 2007 KC was 15th while his team mate was 10th. If Bruno Senna does not have a sniff of F1, why should KC be talked of as a possible driver for Force India. My feeling is Liuzzi would be the one who is going to drive the car in the remaining races for this year.

Also it would not surprise me if Force India moves backwards in the remaining races so it may not matter who is going to drive. Except for being affliated to the Indian Motorsport Association Force India has nothing Indian in it in my opinion.
Old 7th September 2009, 15:08   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pypkmsrikanth View Post
Also it would not surprise me if Force India moves backwards in the remaining races so it may not matter who is going to drive.
I doubt if Force India is that defeatist. They might as well shut the team down if they go by your thinking.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks