Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2005, 19:42   #16
Senior - BHPian

It was a good race. Sad that Button didn't have the pace and that Sato had to start 1 lap down but, overall.....a very interesting race.

The pit stops did it all didn't they?

Whats with the Ferraris'? Looks like the "Schumacher Era" is coming to an end. He should have retired after last season, this must be really humiliating for him.

Shan2nu
Old 10th July 2005, 19:51   #17
BHPian

Sad to see Schumi's losing it....do you'll do think he'll last for more than 2-3 yrs from now?

Montoya just kept pushing till the end....nice racing by him
Old 10th July 2005, 20:01   #18
Senior - BHPian

What a move by Montoya in the first lap. Total entertainment.
Old 10th July 2005, 20:07   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sad to see Schumi's losing it....do you'll do think he'll last for more than 2-3 yrs from now?
He'l last alright. But he maynot be as dominating as he was. Maybe a switch to Michellins next season, might do the trick.

Shan2nu
Old 10th July 2005, 20:21   #20
Team-BHP Support

Awesome start by Juan Pablo Montoya! Nice to see him win. He has been plagued by bad luck all season. Looks like a bit of that bad luck has shifted to Kimi. Anyway, KR did well too - finishing 3rd. Giancarlo Fisichella.... what can I say? Poor fellow deserves a better result.
One point that's been proved over the last few seasons is that in order to have a strategy, you need to have a fast car that lasts the distance. Ferrari had it over the last 5 seasons while Renault and McLaren are strong this year.
Old 10th July 2005, 20:28   #21
BHPian

The Renault's are much better in handling when compared to the ferraris and looks like Alonso's getting to know his car really well and has been pushing it around really well....
Old 10th July 2005, 20:31   #22
BHPian

Schumi will last but will he realy be able to get good podium results like before and have a few more championships in his bag??? Thats the question everyone's asking now....

See what happened to coulthard since Y2K??? People hardly think of him as competition nowadays!!!!
Old 10th July 2005, 23:51   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Whats with the Ferraris'? Looks like the "Schumacher Era" is coming to an end. He should have retired after last season, this must be really humiliating for him
i dont see a reason why he should feel humiliated ..as a driver he never put a foot wrong ...hes a 7 time world champion ..
he holds most of the F1 records - like
- most number of race victories
- most number of podium finishes
- 2nd highest number of poles taken (2 poles short of sennas record)
- most number of best laps
- and no driver has scored the number of points he has ..

so, dude he has nothing to prove to no one ..he's already a legend and no one in the current championship can dominate like he did ...
F-1 is team sport ..at times we fail to forget that ...
Ferrari cant provide him with a car which can win races ,do we see a lack of effort from his part ? i dont think so ... he still gets out there and does his thing ....
he a genuine pedigree ...

and i am not a Schumi fan .. i am a mclaren fan and i'd hate to see schumi win ...
but the guy is a genius of a race car driver ..
Old 11th July 2005, 00:17   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_lover
and i am not a Schumi fan .. i am a mclaren fan and i'd hate to see schumi win ...
but the guy is a genius of a race car driver ..
we love to hate him...but all said and done he's achieved what no other F1 driver has............hats off to that.........

I wish more F1 races are so evenly matched.......no one likes an individual/team to dominate the sport...tomorrow if MClaren goes the Ferrari way..it would still be a boring affair....let's hope we see such tight races every race...

Cheers!!!
Old 11th July 2005, 00:21   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreak7116
See what happened to coulthard since Y2K??? People hardly think of him as competition nowadays!!!!
He was never considered serious competetion even before..

As far as Schumi is concerned....Ferrari have ti up their ante....nothing wrong with him per se....
Old 11th July 2005, 12:26   #26
Senior - BHPian

Schumi lost the race and still I am happy? Well! JPM finally won a race, without blowing the engine, without breaking any rules. After one T-BHP member, who is not here anymore, looks like I am the only one Montoya Fan left out.
Old 11th July 2005, 12:40   #27
Senior - BHPian

The race was very interesting from the first lap, JPM had a very good start and Mclarens seemed to have awesome pace, JPM deserved this win. I don't understand whats wrong with Fisi, he stalled his car this time also just to lose his 3 position to Kimi.
Old 11th July 2005, 12:42   #28
Senior - BHPian

Nice race i must say.... coz i'm a McLaren fan..... awesome pitwork by the McLaren guys... that really got them the victory. Alonso did a good clean race to finish 2nd.
Fisi was really unlucky... stalling at the pits n losing out on a 3rd position.. great news for Kimi though... makes one wonder what if he hadn't started 10 places down.
MS and Barri are really struggling in this years car... its nowhere close to the top runners.
Old 11th July 2005, 20:14   #29
Senior - BHPian

It was good race but not for Narain, sad to see him retire even in silverstone, otherwise he would have finished the race in front of his teammate.
Old 11th July 2005, 21:59   #30
BHPian

Montoya, Alonso, Kimi all were brillaint. Overall good race. If only kimi had started from his qualifying position..hmm. Great 3 drivers.

Schumi is still too good but let down by ferrari. McLaren and Renault are doing a great job! cheers!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks