Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2005, 22:41   #31
BHPian

I liked the way kimi made alonso eat the humble pie!!..
Over took him as if he were a minardi.
Kimi is the man this year, even though alonso might be ahead in points.
Old 11th July 2005, 22:55   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan
I liked the way kimi made alonso eat the humble pie!!..
Over took him as if he were a minardi.
Kimi is the man this year, even though alonso might be ahead in points.

Yeah... but that was cause Kimi had a much lighter car... but still, it was a good move... Alonso, i must say, did a very good job of trying to defend his position... good stalling tactics... now if only Kimi had started from his qualifying position... good overall race though... hope to get more, with McLaren 1-2s...
Old 11th July 2005, 23:18   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135
I am the only one Montoya Fan left out.
Come on buddy....don't you think we like Montoya???
Old 11th July 2005, 23:22   #34
Senior - BHPian

hahaa ..dude ..Kimi and Montoya are my favourites ...
just that Kimi had a pathetic qualifying sessions and montoya has had pathetic races ...
i cheer for both ...
Old 12th July 2005, 00:07   #35
BHPian

I am stuck in a place where I havent been able to watch the last 2 races... imagine how hard that is for a long time fan :(

But yooohoo congratulations to Juan Pablo...Vamos !

* to all those who had pretty nasty things to say abt him at the start of the year......things change quickly dont they ? ;-)

Sad though to see Kimi penalised 2nd race in a row (engine)....he should get more points than Alonso if we are to get a close finish to the season!!
Old 12th July 2005, 11:23   #36
Senior - BHPian

In a way , not bad for Kimi .. he blows his engine, docks ten places in the grid BUT gets a brand new engine for each race and still finishes on the podium !

Barichello .. I cry for that man's plight .. why does he have to stick to Ferrari ? He'd probably be a lot happier in a Jordan .. IMO he's wasted his career big time at Ferrari ..
Old 12th July 2005, 11:34   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Barichello .. I cry for that man's plight .. why does he have to stick to Ferrari ? He'd probably be a lot happier in a Jordan .. IMO he's wasted his career big time at Ferrari ..
I guess Barichello wont be with Ferrari for long. Talk are brewing about him going to BAR next year

Dippy
Old 12th July 2005, 11:36   #38
Senior - BHPian

It seems Button is planning for a switch to Ferrari next year to replace Barrichello.
Old 12th July 2005, 12:10   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon
It seems Button is planning for a switch to Ferrari next year to replace Barrichello.
Wasn't there a lot of fuss about him moving to WIlliams or Toyota (not sure which one..) this year,while BAR legally made him stay in the team for another year? What happened about that? Isn't he going to move to the other team next year?
Old 12th July 2005, 12:24   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shravan316
Wasn't there a lot of fuss about him moving to WIlliams or Toyota (not sure which one..) this year,while BAR legally made him stay in the team for another year? What happened about that? Isn't he going to move to the other team next year?
Yeah he was supposed to move to Williams if he does not make enough points at BAR (which he has managed). But now with BMW moving onto Sauber, Jenson probably doesn't want to move anyway. Also Ferrari are reportedly vying for him. He's given a statement that he wants to join a team which can give him a winning car to win the championship and if Ferrari is the 6th or 7th car in overall pace, then he does not want to consider it. Check this link out for more

http://www.planet-f1.com/news/story_20266.shtml
Old 12th July 2005, 15:08   #41
Senior - BHPian

Finally, Montoya got a result which he deserves at Mclaren. The qualifying time was pretty decent considering how early he had to start. And the start.......no words to describe it. Looks like Mclaren have now taken over the title from renault of having the quickest accelerating car. Too bad fro Kmi though but great resilience shown again. I want to see Alonso or Kimi win the title by racing on the track not by the other guy's misfortune.

The fact that Kimi set the fastest lap of the race on the last lap of the race just goes to show how well those michelin tyres are working.......amazing.

Another unlucky race for Narain while Montiero finishes his 11th race of the season. Strangely, i had a dream last night in which i read that Jordan had sacked Narain and let Doornboos take his place.

I can't imagine what must be taking place in the Williams camp after two poor races. And i also read that toyota have refused to provide them engines for next year.
Old 12th July 2005, 15:17   #42
BHPian

I have a pretty strong hunch that NK will be picked up by williams/RBR next year.
Call me dreamer or whatever, but that's my prediction.
Old 12th July 2005, 15:28   #43
Senior - BHPian

RBR, there's a slight chance. WIlliams, next to impossible. They've got Webber and Button/Heidfeld. Besides Frank Williams has probably got so much on his mind right now that he is only look at the performance of his own 2 drivers.
Old 12th July 2005, 15:32   #44
Team-BHP Support

Whoever takes Barrichello's place at Ferrari will have hit the jackpot. In my opinion, he will have to play second fiddle for just a year or two - enough time to find his feet. After that, he'll be number one. Massa / De La Rosa are my bets.
Old 12th July 2005, 15:42   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya
Whoever takes Barrichello's place at Ferrari will have hit the jackpot. In my opinion, he will have to play second fiddle for just a year or two - enough time to find his feet. After that, he'll be number one. Massa / De La Rosa are my bets.
Exactly! I think Button, now, has the qualities to lead a team. But ferrari are also desperately hunting down Raikkonen and Alonso.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks