Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2009, 15:28   #121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
Thats what pit stop strategy means, if you are fast and not able to overtake the leader, then go for pit stop emerge out and make faster lap timings so that when the other one goes for pit stops you keep the lead.
This is exactly what is wrong with today's F1. The cars have outgrown all the tracks. By the look of it the job of today's designer is not to optimize your car but how to create dirty air behind your car so that no body can come close enough to pull an overtaking maneuver. Its so difficult to create a tow effect and overtake even in tracks like Spa / Monza that F1 would soon complete its metamorphosis to a strategy sport as compared to racing sport.

Am sure if given an opportunity I would love to see something like this

or may be this

than chewing my nails waiting to see which pit crew is made out of steel so that they turn around the car 1 second faster than rivals.
Old 16th September 2009, 21:52   #122
Senior - BHPian

mika overtaking move on michael is the best I've ever seen. by michael's own admission, his time when mika was around was his best and its true.
Old 17th September 2009, 16:35   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pypkmsrikanth View Post
or may be this

than chewing my nails waiting to see which pit crew is made out of steel so that they turn around the car 1 second faster than rivals.
Mika could overtake Schumi only because of a car in between both else Michael never allowed Mika to overtake no matter how hard he tried. No Wonder Michael wasnt popular in F1 circuit becuase of his these antics.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks