Team-BHP - New qualifying format 2006
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Int'l Motorsport (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intl-motorsport/)
-   -   New qualifying format 2006 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intl-motorsport/6583-new-qualifying-format-2006-a.html)

The teams have come up with new ideas for possible 2006 qualifying formats, there are two formats suggested by the teams. You can also vote for the preffered format. 06 qualifing . One thing I liked is there are no fuel restrictions before and after the session.

I voted for proposal one. It will add more spice to qualifying.
Second one seemed complicated and laborious.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conan
I voted for proposal one. It will add more spice to qualifying.
Second one seemed complicated and laborious.

agree: I felt the same way, I also found it confusing.

man proposal two is more like playing knockout in NFS...voted fro proposal one.

Voted for proposal one roo. The second one just sounded a bit confusing

Dippy

Voted for the 2nd one. Makes more sense IMO. 15 mins into the qulifying, the 5 slowest cars will have to settle for 16th to 20th place, another 15 mins later 11th to 15th places would have been finalised, which leaves the top 10 cars for the remaining 30 mins.

Which technically means that the track keeps getting cleared, off 5 cars per 15 mins. So, at the end, the faster cars will have a much more spaced out track.

With the first plan, it's more a case of when you get your car out. I mean the fastest guy could smash the first 2 sectors and then find a slow Minardi on the last corner, which could cost him a lot of places. Makes no sense.

Shan2nu

2nd one for me too. Just sounds interesting and different. Would add a bit of pressure for all teams concerned.

Poll has been added. Spare some time and add your vote.

i voted for Option 2 - sounds more competetive ...
but a lot depends on the tyre ,engine rules aswell...

Hi all ,
Well the 1st option is the best one agree: , as then we can surely see which car and driver is the fastest in true sense.
I only hope this is followed in 2006 . fingers crossed

Cheetah Out ....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shan2nu
Voted for the 2nd one. Makes more sense IMO. 15 mins into the qulifying, the 5 slowest cars will have to settle for 16th to 20th place, another 15 mins later 11th to 15th places would have been finalised, which leaves the top 10 cars for the remaining 30 mins.

Which technically means that the track keeps getting cleared, off 5 cars per 15 mins. So, at the end, the faster cars will have a much more spaced out track.

With the first plan, it's more a case of when you get your car out. I mean the fastest guy could smash the first 2 sectors and then find a slow Minardi on the last corner, which could cost him a lot of places. Makes no sense.

Shan2nu

Thanks Shan2nu for explaining Format 2, my thoughts exactly. Format 2 is perfectly laid out. I chose Format 1. This is to ensure the age old qualifying format is carried on. Was a difficult choice though.

Format 2 is too confusing, I voted for format 1...though format 2 is competetive...my views on format 1 is that it sounds similar to the qualifying sessions before 2002.

Proposal 2 is more exciting and it'll be interesting to see the tactics of the mid-level teams who have to race their best 4 times in an hour.
Renault and Merc-Mclaren and possibly Ferrari could take it easy within the first two 15-min sessions and come all guns blazing for the last 2.
BUT this format will mean that the rest of the bunch will have to slog it out in all the 4 sessions just so that the back-benchers like Minardi or Jordan do not come up with a smashing lap and relegate them to the end of the grid.

And that's more than enough reason to mark off all racing Saturdays too!