Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2009, 22:45   #31
Senior - BHPian

Button has got to be getting all the luck of the last eight years in one go this season. He starts twelfth and Rubens starts tenth! If Vettel or Webber look threatening, their engines blow. Incredible!
Old 26th September 2009, 22:56   #32
BHPian

Ferrari had a miserable qualifying session. , and so did force india . Could the bulls get back into title contention ? Singapore should only spice things up now in the race to constructors . But you never know whats going on "behind the scenes !" .Hamilton looks to be well placed for tomorows race .
Old 27th September 2009, 13:05   #33
BHPian

Bad Day at Office for Ferrari :-(

Hamilton or Vettel for the win probably. Rosberg has an outside chance. Button definitely has all Lady Luck firmly on his side. His second half of the season has been pretty bad and still all his rivals have had worse luck.
Old 27th September 2009, 13:09   #34
BHPian

Ferrari has such a dog of a car and they stopped developing also. Poor strategy. Hamilton will win from pole as is the case mostly when he is on pole. Let us see.
Old 27th September 2009, 20:59   #35
Senior - BHPian

Great race today! Really happy that Lewis Hamilton drove a faultless race while chaos ensued behind him with drive thrus, brake failures, rotating cars T-boning others and what not.

Interestingly, Webber was penalised for a move very similar to Raikkonen's at Spa. I remember posting about Raikkonen's move and why it wasn't penalised. Even Webber remarked along these lines. Great consistency from our dear stewards as usual.

Heidfeld's incredible "41 races without a retirement" streak finally ended today. And great to see Alonso have the guts to dedicate his podium to Flavio! My respect for Alonso has increased even though I still don't like him.

As for Button, well his luck is almost unbelievable this year. If I had to choose a race when the championship was decided, it'd probably be a close one between Monza and Singapore.
Old 27th September 2009, 22:05   #36
Senior - BHPian

I am not sure how can you call this race great. Great race for Lewis/McLaren supporters may be, but definitely nothing special about the race itself. There was hardly any action on track, overtaking was so difficult, it took ages for people to overtake 3 second slower toro rosso.

Button should thank Redbull for making his job easier. Every time when Button has a bad race, his WDC rivals have even worse races for themselves.

Badluck for Rosberg, if he hadn't made that mistake at pit exit, he could have given Lewis some challenge.
Old 27th September 2009, 22:10   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
I am not sure how can you call this race great. Great race for Lewis/McLaren supporters may be,
Have you seen the words on my handle?

But even otherwise, I thought it was a great race purely because of the unpredictability. First it was Rosberg over the white line, then Vettel speeding, a safety car thrown in shuffled the pack well and then there were cars breaking apart. I was wondering if Button would even finish with brake dust billowing from his right front. There's more to racing than overtaking alone, you know.
Old 27th September 2009, 23:03   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Have you seen the words on my handle?
If Kimi goes back to McLaren, i will think about it

The safety car didn't mix up the grid like how a normal safety car does. The safety car came out just about at the same time as the first round of pit stops of front runners.
For me this track sucks big time. It may be good for publicity and Bernie uncle's pocket, but purely as an F1 race track this doesn't have anything special.

OT:
Looks like the best F1 track, Spa is under threat!
Formula One news: Spa loses right to host F1 race - GPUpdate.net Formula One

Last edited by SilentEngine : 27th September 2009 at 23:04. Reason: spa under threat
Old 27th September 2009, 23:04   #39
BANNED

Guys,

This was the Second race i did not watch.

Last one because of my Cablewala's fault, and this time.... Hopeless race.

I did not like it from the instant all the red lights went off.

One place it looked a bit interesting when i saw the Force India car of Sutil behind Hamilton, but once Sutil retired for God knows what reasons , i started drifting away from the race.

There was no dearth of Dull Moments during this race. F1 was never so "Boring"

Hope to see some action in the next race.
Old 27th September 2009, 23:15   #40
BHPian

+1 to that Pavan - i didn't really see much of the race either!
Old 27th September 2009, 23:16   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
One place it looked a bit interesting when i saw the Force India car of Sutil behind Hamilton, but once Sutil retired for God knows what reasons , i started drifting away from the race.
Sutil was behind Hamilton, yes, but a lap down!
Sutil had a bad day himself and also ruined Heidfeld's race. He struggled to overtake the toro rosso car of the spanish rookie, and finally when he tried, he spun and hit Heidfeld.
Old 27th September 2009, 23:30   #42
Senior - BHPian

Interesting that no one really enjoys racing in Singapore. Look at Monaco! Its ten times worse in terms of overtaking and in that sense, should be worse. The prestige is all that keeps it going. IMO, Singapore and Valencia give comparable races to many 'classic' cicuits like the Hungaroring, Barcelona and Monaco.
Old 27th September 2009, 23:40   #43
Senior - BHPian

Was an OK race, was expecting a lot of drama but nothing happened in the end :( But must say the track looks fabulous from the top view.

This was one good chance which Rubens had to close the gap between Jenson but he just lost it, first in qualifying and then later in the race. With three races left to go, looks like its gonna be Jenson's year.
Old 28th September 2009, 00:14   #44
GTO
Team-BHP Support

If ever there was a GP that looked like a gokart race, this is it! Forget overtaking, I thoroughly enjoyed seeing the way that the different cars behaved. Even more so in qualifying, the cars were slipping, bouncing and sliding all over the place. Hamilton drove a flawless weekend, victory well deserved. Alonso + Glock too. I was disappointed with Vettel & Rosbergs problems. They really had it in today for a podium.

Can anyone explain how Barri ended up behind Button? I missed that part & couldn't really figure out how Button made 6 places on the way up and Barri only 3, when Barri was driving quicker + started ahead!
Old 28th September 2009, 03:20   #45
Senior - BHPian

Forget everything else. WHAT IS FERRARI UP TO..???
Seem like they've given up hope on both their cars. Development on the F60 stopped a while ago it seems, and are looking forward to 2010.

Lackluster performance, pace by both cars and drivers..Massa car now driven by fishi seems to be have taken a liking to the back of the grid.

Kimi Raikkonen :from an aerodynamic point of view and we are lacking in this area.
Stefano Domenicali, team principal:
Honestly, I don't think we could have done much better.

Looks like the end of the road for this season atleast.

And

For Mclaren it seems like the road has just begun. Next season this would be the team to watch out for.

Ohh well another Mercedes(team) wins the championship this year.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks