Team-BHP - 2009 Formula1 Fuji Telivision Japanese GP
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Int'l Motorsport (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intl-motorsport/)
-   -   2009 Formula1 Fuji Telivision Japanese GP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intl-motorsport/66580-2009-formula1-fuji-telivision-japanese-gp.html)

The Japanese GP returns to Suzuka this season . After a few races at Fuji its back to the Honda owned Suzuka track for 2009 . The circuit is historic and a favourite with the drivers .It has witnessed many a title battle from Prost -Senna to Micheal - Mika . This year too Button has a chance to seal the title.
The track is famous for the S curves and the fatal 130 R.It is also one of the few counter clockwise circuits

Number of laps - 53
Top Speed 205 Mph
Lap Record : Kimi Raikkonen 1:31.540 in 2005
TotalRace Distance : 307.573 kms

Previous Winners:
2006 Fernando Alonso (Renault)
2005 Kimi Räikkönen (McLaren)
2004 Michael Schumacher (Ferrari)
2003 Rubens Barrichello (Ferrari)
2002 Michael Schumacher (Ferrari)

As recent reports suggest this could be Kimi's last Japanese Gp as he might pull out of F1 next year . For those Kimi fans who remember his charge from 17th to 1st in 2005 overtaking Fisichella on the last lap this race is a must watch .fans
As for Hamilton , this is his first GP at Suzuka.
Vettel still has a slim mathematical chance .
Finally for Button fans this could be it . The final countdown . He needs to get 5 points more than Barrichello to seal the title .
Alonso fans wait for next year !

TV Times

Star Sports Live!
03 Oct Qualifying 10:20
04 Oct Raceday 09:30
Main Race 10:15
Odds
Sebastien Vettel 3/1
Jenson Button 8/1
Rubens Barrichello 10/1
Lewis Hamilton 7/2

So what are your predictions ?

Suzuka, for sure gives nostalgies about Kimi in 2005! I am just hoping a Ferrari win with Kimi! A very difficult prediction, but then the Iceman will do something out of the box! Forza Kimi :)

Suzuka is anyday more entertaining than Fuji. It's good to have it back.

Shan2nu

Button will probably seal it here. At the very least, Vettel will be eliminated this weekend and it'll be a Brawn vs Brawn thing.

With no in-season testing, I'm going to expect a washout of the first race for Alonso.
Hopefully, he'll do a Kimi-Melbourne-2007. :)

Ferrari are going to struggle again here. If Kimi manages some points, that will be great. McLaren will most likely overtake Ferrari in the standings Hamilton will overtake Kimi.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitrous (Post 1510762)
With no in-season testing, I'm going to expect a washout of the first race for Alonso.
Hopefully, he'll do a Kimi-Melbourne-2007. :)

What? Alonso - first race?

Since this is a low downforce track like monza, I guess Force India can be a dark horse here to get some points

It has been raining at the suzuka circuit during free practice.
Looks like Mclaren topped the timing sheets again but with heki this time wid the williams toyota of Nakajima followed by adrian sutil with the force india.
Force india Mercedes is doing wonders. Hope they carry this on next season too.
Button finished way down in 18th. Track conditions were also changing fast. Hence the jumble in the timing sheets.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shan2nu (Post 1510705)
Suzuka is anyday more entertaining than Fuji. It's good to have it back.

Shan2nu

Took the words right out of my mouth! This is going to be one heck of a weekend. Me thinks its going to be a close fight between the Mc, Brawns & Red Bull.

Ferrari have stopped development of their car so I doubt they have it in them for a top 6. If anyone would be investing the most, its Brawn who want that championship at any cost in their debut year.

I have been following Quali from Autosport as I am in Office :Frustrati.
Plenty of Crashes so far in Qualifying :eek:. 3 Red Flags already.

Most number of red flags in qualifying or what?! Q3 paused due to Kovi crashing.

Wow Sutil at 4th place. Hope he can aim for podium. Go FI! Fisi is somewhere at the 18th! And the man driving the dog put it on 8th place!

Lots of Drivers posted their fastest times under yellow flags. So expect some penalties likely for the 2 Brawns. Buemi lost out big time with his crash in Q2. You dont get much of a chance to put a STR in Q3. He is under investigation as well following his drive of the damaged car to the pits. Busy day for the Stewards. :D

Well Glock apparently has a wounded leg and back. I don't think he'll be racing tomorrow. Incident packed quali today.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KRRaj (Post 1512437)
Lots of Drivers posted their fastest times under yellow flags. So expect some penalties likely for the 2 Brawns. Buemi lost out big time with his crash in Q2. You dont get much of a chance to put a STR in Q3. He is under investigation as well following his drive of the damaged car to the pits. Busy day for the Stewards. :D

I didn't understand the gambling Ross Brawn was doing today. Brawns barely managed to get past Q2 with a single run towards the end. Again they left it too late in Q3 with their only timed run almost ruined by the STR accident. It could have been another red flag!