Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2005, 17:27   #1
Senior - BHPian

Hockenheim 2005!! qualifying ,pre and post race ..

for those who watched the German GP Qualifying must have witnessed bad luck still hovering over the mclarens ...

first it was Kimi with his car engines failing consistently before the past few races ...
now we saw a potential pole by montoya end in the side walls ...gahhh ! a mclaren 1 -2 would have certainly helped kimi bite bit more into Alonsos championship points ..i deally that would have been the plan for the mclarens ..anyways ...kimi has his pole which i hope he can convert into a victory ..

i am banking on a kimi win button and alonso on the podium ...
mclarens looking furiously fast ...Jenson - BAR duo getting stronger , ferrari still consistently tailing the top order ...

..pour in your predictions / views on tommorrows race ...
cheers !

Last edited by turbo_lover : 23rd July 2005 at 17:30.
Old 23rd July 2005, 18:53   #2
Senior - BHPian

What a qualification session.... McLarens are definitely having bad luck big time... Ron Dennis was saying that McLaren are gunning for a 1-2 finish in the remaining 8 races... Well, things haven't got off to a good start.
Kimi's lap was simply on the edge... awesome drive, awesome car control... Alonso is going for a heavier fuel load.
Montoya well..... we all saw what he did... his mistake.
MS and Ferrari do have to do a lot of work... they are wayy behind the lead teams and i dont think they'll get any better this season... although i can be wrong.
The BAR i think have gone for a lighter fuel load. So not really expecting a good finish for them.
My predictions: 1st Kimi, 2nd Alonso, 3rd Fisichella.

Montoya would try to finish the race in the points.
Old 23rd July 2005, 19:13   #3
Senior - BHPian

It was an awesome lap from Kimi, JPM should blame himself for that mistake which cost him so much. Alonso was heavy on fuel but I think he will beat Button for 2nd place at the start itself. So my prediction is also same as shravan for first three places and P4 Button, P5 Schumi

Last edited by sridhar24 : 23rd July 2005 at 19:21.
Old 23rd July 2005, 19:18   #4
Senior - BHPian

did u see how he managed to catch the car with a big opposite lock...he was on the limit!! hes on the pole with like .4th of a second ahead of the renault ...and it aint a light car either ..sheeeeer pace of the mclaren ..
Old 23rd July 2005, 19:21   #5
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone know what was the matter with NK's car, it was sliding around on the track and he just went into the pits
Old 24th July 2005, 00:37   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar24
Does anyone know what was the matter with NK's car, it was sliding around on the track and he just went into the pits

Quote:
Narain Karthikeyan
“I made a mistake in the first corner and then I was trying to gain the time back. I was pushing harder but I made another mistake and we decided that I should go straight to the pits to save our tyres. It is a pity because the car felt okay. I was pretty satisfied with the balance of the car and I am sure we have made the right choice of Bridgestone tyres for the race tomorrow. I will now do my best to have a good race on Sunday.”
fastest indian did us proud again ..
Old 24th July 2005, 01:27   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_lover
Cool man...it happens. He's under lot of pressure and had to try hard...unfortunately for him his luck is still in bad shape.

Montoya really frustrating....I thought his luck had finally chaged. Anyway, I think he can make it to the podium (well wishing he does)

Atleast we'll have our first Raik Vs Alonso race tomm, IMO alonso is gonna eat butto at the first corner itself and then I hope we get to see a good race between Raik & Alonso...
Old 24th July 2005, 13:10   #8
Senior - BHPian

I think the Jordan is just not even as good as the Minardi here so I don't complain about NK performance.
MS drove a great lap to get the Ferrari to the 5th place and what a difference between him and RB, RB just managed to qualify ahead of the Minardi of Albers, thiugh he was he was heavy on fuel.
It will be a good race between Kimi and Alonso, Kimi will win for sure if the Merc engine lasts the race distance and the tyres don't give up as in Nurburgring.
Old 24th July 2005, 13:15   #9
Senior - BHPian

A great qualifying session . MS drove a heroic lap but that was never going to be enough to keep him up there with the front runners. But 5th is not bad seeing the problems Ferrari are in this season. Kimis lap was astounding and good too see his engine doing well and getting to pole position. Button on third wont remain there for long as Alsonso is sure to pounce on him.

Its going to be battle royale between the Mclaren and Renault and I hope Kimi pulls of a victory to hot up the title chase.

Dippy
Old 24th July 2005, 13:34   #10
Senior - BHPian

i think schumi has taken a huge risk trying to run the car light ...they dont have the pace to take advantage of a lightly fueled car ..i dbout schumacher will gain anything out of his current strategy ...
Old 24th July 2005, 14:46   #11
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_lover
did anyone else besides me think that the jordan was looking VERY GOOD for a BUCKING BRONCO and not a formula one car?
Old 24th July 2005, 16:10   #12
Senior - BHPian

Don't think it was bad luck for Mclaren. It was Montoya's mistake and he rightly admitted it. The lap by Kimi was awesome though. he is by far the favourite to win, IMO, as long as his car stays in one piece and the bad luck clouds move over a garage or two.

Alonso is definitely not running heavier. He made a mistake in sector 1 but was 0.1 or less away from Kimi's time in the remaining sectors. Button's second place is not reflective of the pace of the BAR. But he'd do well to finish on the podium.

Role reversal at ferrari this time. Schumacher going for more stops than Barrichello.

Podium preditions: 1.Kimi 2.Alonso 3. Button/Schumacher (secretly hoping for Montoya to do what Kimi has done in the last 2 races)
Old 24th July 2005, 18:43   #13
Senior - BHPian

kimi kimi kimi!! what will it take for him to win this championship????
he has ther skills ,mclaren has the pace and the setup...reliability seems to be the issue here ..the engines been failing for past 3 races ...
anyways off to wartcht he remaining 14 laps....
Old 24th July 2005, 19:08   #14
Senior - BHPian

Whoa!!! Great race. My friend now owes me 500 bucks worth of beer credit. How you ask? I predicted win for Alonso, engine failure for Raikonnen and a top five standing for Fishichella.

Watch out guys, I might just be the next Bernie in the making.

Signing off,

Ported "Bernie" Head.
Old 24th July 2005, 19:17   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ported_head
I predicted win for Alonso, engine failure for Raikonnen and a top five standing for Fishichella.

Ported "Bernie" Head.

your nothing but a villian in my eyes

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks