Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2009, 09:31   #31
Senior - BHPian

An action packed race after a really long time. The best first lap of the season so far. Kimi lost out on what could have been a podium position for him. Tough luck for Sutil. Flawless drives from the top three finishers. In the end who was resposible for the Heiki goof up?

Congratulations to Jenson for becoming the World Champion and to Brawn GP for winning the Constructors title.
Old 19th October 2009, 09:42   #32
Senior - BHPian

The Honda Team seems to have pouched them all - Championship Title, Constructor's Title and not to forget 'Ross Brawn' who is instrumental in the turn around of fortunes for Team Honda ! Congrats Jenson on becoming 'World Champion' !
Old 19th October 2009, 09:52   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
Woah Kimi n ferrari did really get it direct in their face with a BLOW of fire. That must have shaken up kimi. Mclaren's Hekki gave it to them in a BIG BOOM WAY.
A very nice thing to be happy about, huh? Way to go mate...

Kimi Raikkonen: “What happened on the first lap ruined my race. First I was hit at the first corner, then when trying to pass Webber, I was hit and lost the front wing. At the pit stop, I ended up with some drops of petrol in my eye, from the fuel line stuck on Kovalainen’s car and then I was engulfed in flames and blinded: I was going to stop, but luckily the flames soon went out. Even now, my eyes are still burning, but I’m alright. After the restart, I could only try and use the strategy to move up the order and at least I brought home a few points. I am disappointed because today I’m sure we could have made it to the podium. There is one race to go: let’s see what we can do in Abu Dhabi to get back that third place.”

This is what Kimi had to say after the race! Most drivers usually drive with their visor half open to get some fresh air and Kimi was indeed affected by the fuel vapor. He did finish in points after this eye burn and it needs really something to keep going after such an incident.

@danlanan, not really good thing to have a laugh about! It was simply the stupidity of the Mclaren's lollypop man that got all these incident happening in the pits. Well, you can have a laugh about how stupid Mclaren pit crew was to lose its nerve!

The Kimi - Webber incident was a nasty one... He completely ruined Kimi's race!

Hamilton did drive a very good race and the way Button was charging through the field was amazing.

Frustrated Barrichello again..!

Congratulations to Button & BrawnGP!

Last edited by Dippy : 19th October 2009 at 10:54. Reason: Lets not have #$%^& signs to subsitute abusive language. Thanks.
Old 19th October 2009, 10:03   #34
Senior - BHPian

Uploading the pic of Kimi-Webber incident (I was getting an error while trying to edit my previous post & upload this pic)

Source: Atlas F1
Attached Thumbnails
Sao Paulo- Brazilian F1 Grand Prix EDIT: Jenson Button WDC, Brawn GP WCC-bad.jpg  

Old 19th October 2009, 11:29   #35
Senior - BHPian

Good drive from Jenson to come back from 14th. Good to see Kimi fine, that was so dangerous. McLaren were fined ~50k USD and Heikki fined 25 seconds after the race. Thankfully, an all-show-no-go Dubai racetrack will not get the honours of deciding the championship, and Brazil decides the championship for another year in-a-row. Hope to see a good championship next year.
Old 19th October 2009, 11:46   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
This drivers driving around with fuel hose's is becoming to common and dangerous. Seems to be a fad now. F1's gotta do something about it.
Refueling will be taken off from next season. From 2010 there is a ban on refueling during the race.

Refueling was brought back in 1994 so that other cars can be competitive to super fast Williams at that time. Glad to see it go away, but might affect Force India and other teams in the qualifying. Hope they allow to run light during qualifying.
Old 19th October 2009, 13:41   #37
Senior - BHPian

Did a fan throw something at Hamilton when he was being interviewed after the race? It sucks when F1 fans start behaving like European football fans.

Old 19th October 2009, 14:08   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Did a fan throw something at Hamilton when he was being interviewed after the race? It sucks when F1 fans start behaving like European football fans.
I am unable to watch the Youtube vid from work! :(

Any special reason why people wanna call it racial abuse?
Old 19th October 2009, 14:35   #39
Senior - BHPian

Ice Man on Fire

This only gives me thought about the incident at Belgium where he went on full throttle when Panis's engine was on smokes just over the rouge!
Attached Thumbnails
Sao Paulo- Brazilian F1 Grand Prix EDIT: Jenson Button WDC, Brawn GP WCC-816718.jpg  

Old 19th October 2009, 15:50   #40
BHPian

Here is a video of an emotional Ross Brawn after wrapping up both the championships :
Old 19th October 2009, 16:15   #41
BHPian

Yesterday's race was truly amazing.

Congrats to Button for winning the championship in style.

For a few , Button would be a WHO.? , but when he first came to F1 he was considered a wonder Boy.

He was called the 'playboy' of F1 and many more things , but he has now proved to the world that he is capable of delivering.

Feel sad for Mr Webber though , nobody was actually intrested in his win.
From the camera folks to the public.
Old 19th October 2009, 16:44   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Any special reason why people wanna call it racial abuse?
Apparently, they threw nuts and bananas. Throwing nuts and bananas is like saying black people are monkeys who live in jungles. Now all this is according to a chap who commented on the video itself so not too sure. Racist or not, its pretty poor behaviour from those fans.
Old 19th October 2009, 16:59   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Apparently, they threw nuts and bananas. Throwing nuts and bananas is like saying black people are monkeys who live in jungles. Now all this is according to a chap who commented on the video itself so not too sure. Racist or not, its pretty poor behaviour from those fans.
Off late, anything against Hamilton is considered racial. I know its an absurd behavior of the fans. The word 'racial' is lot more used in Hamilton's case.
Old 19th October 2009, 21:24   #44
BHPian

BrawnGP & Button did it well! They were fighting for survival even before the season started and just burst onto the scene strong. Having a great car does not guarantee a c'ship and Button was sensational at the start of the season to get to this point.

It was great to see Stefano Domenicali congratulate Ross Brawn & team in the pit garage right after the race.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Off late, anything against Hamilton is considered racial. I know its an absurd behavior of the fans. The word 'racial' is lot more used in Hamilton's case.
well, the western world is pretty sensitive to be perceived as not racial, so any such incident gets a lot of publicity and criticism. Hamilton is the only driver with that particular skin tone and is a front-runner in most races, therefore more attention on him.
Old 19th October 2009, 22:21   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomzi View Post
well, the western world is pretty sensitive to be perceived as not racial, so any such incident gets a lot of publicity and criticism. Hamilton is the only driver with that particular skin tone and is a front-runner in most races, therefore more attention on him.
Yeah, I guess if Glock had chopped off Rubens' rear tyre, he'd have got a similar reaction too. Nonetheless, its unwarranted and drivers needn't have to put up with these idiots.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks