Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2009, 22:18   #31
BHPian

Oh No!!! Just when my Office Shift changed..
Old 9th December 2009, 21:45   #32
BHPian

wow before watching the classic races today i had no idea that there were v8s,v10s,v12 all running in the same season!
ps: 1st and 2nd places car(Schumacher and Senna) lap the 3 rd place car!(Hill)
Old 9th December 2009, 22:04   #33
BHPian

I wrapped up work early and rushed home to watch this today. It was great watching the old cars and faces again today.

I was looking forward to the original telecast commentary though, Murray Walker was really super!

Is anyone recording these episodes? If so you have a standing order for a set on dvd's
Old 9th December 2009, 22:30   #34
BHPian

ya i was shocked to hear Steve Slater and Alex young! But they were speaking as if they were in 1994!
Old 9th December 2009, 22:34   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomzi View Post
I wrapped up work early and rushed home to watch this today. It was great watching the old cars and faces again today.

I was looking forward to the original telecast commentary though, Murray Walker was really super!

Is anyone recording these episodes? If so you have a standing order for a set on dvd's
+1 to that. It actually feels nice to watch these old classic races. A perfect way to keep F1 fans entertained during off season. A treat to watch the old greats in action. This is what racing was all about. And the best part is that its Monday to Friday. Something to look forward every evening.
Old 9th December 2009, 22:42   #36
Senior - BHPian

I've got to subscribe to Star Sports immediately. This stuff is too good to miss. By the way, are the races randomly picked? Or do they show, say a full season race by race?
Old 9th December 2009, 22:48   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
I've got to subscribe to Star Sports immediately. This stuff is too good to miss. By the way, are the races randomly picked? Or do they show, say a full season race by race?

I think they are showing random races because yesterday they aired the '94 Australian GP(where Schumi won the championship) and today we had the '94 Brazilian GP. (The first race of the 94 season)
Old 9th December 2009, 22:51   #38
BHPian

Saw the 1994 season opener today on ESPN (Brazil - Interlagos). Senna and Schumacher battling for position! Some of the things I noticed:

1) In those days, drivers did not take much kerb at all. 'Riding the kerbs' seems to have developed in the late '90 / early '00s. Cars today look far faster (noticed this with the 1994 British GP too, telecast earlier for some odd reason)

2) There was a huge speed differential on the faster tracks (like Interlagos). Michael won the race, and Damon Hill was second - after Senna retired. The difference between 1st and 2nd was ...... 1 FULL LAP! Cars today are far closer (Edit: just saw that amulu10 had already posted this. Still, astonishing!)

3) 1994 was the first season of re-fueling after a long hiatus. Michael said he liked racing with re-fueling much better since it brought cars much closer to pure racing! Now from 2010, re-fueling is going to be banned again.

Last edited by vipul_singh : 9th December 2009 at 22:53.
Old 9th December 2009, 23:02   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amulu10 View Post
ya i was shocked to hear Steve Slater and Alex young! But they were speaking as if they were in 1994!
Ditto!
Did star sports buy the videos without the audio?
I'd anyday rather hear period commentators.
Old 9th December 2009, 23:09   #40
BHPian

Some funny comments by Slater / Yoong onthe 1994 season races:

...those Ferrari V12s sounds so glorious, I would be really sad to see them go next year

... who knows what Jos might achieve in a few years time

...this is expected to be Senna's year
Old 10th December 2009, 01:17   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipul_singh View Post

...those Ferrari V12s sounds so glorious, I would be really sad to see them go next year

I think they were reading from the original commentary transcript. No race commentary is incomplete without Steve Slater getting confused a lá Murray Walker.
Old 10th December 2009, 06:00   #42
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Looking forward to see some good old Senna/ Prost battles and the young Schumi days.
Absolutely.
Senna vs. Prost vs. Mansell and then, Schumacher vs. Hakkinen - these were the most interesting duels in Formula 1.
Except San Marino '94, I'd like to watch all races again.
Old 10th December 2009, 10:33   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipul_singh View Post

they say things like Rubens is a good driver, should drive for Ferrari sometime! - and you can literally sense the laugh in his voice.

Their commentary sounds odd... if not the original commentary, then at least they can give it like its is - a look back. this way they could easily give some trivia on the rest of that particular season and race that won't get aired.
Old 10th December 2009, 10:40   #44
Senior - BHPian

Back in 94 was good Old Murray Walker on the commentry,who made F1 races so interesting.
Last night Interlagos 94 opener was a treat and it was great to watch my fav..Damon Hill in the William Renault and his customary Helmet with London Rowing Club logo race MS and finish second.
Now you all know why Im HILLRAM.
Old 10th December 2009, 13:29   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Ditto!
Did star sports buy the videos without the audio?
I'd anyday rather hear period commentators.
Didn't start start broadcasting F1 from 1993 - 94? I thought that's why their list of "Classic" races is after that?

Oh BTW today's show has 1995 Belgian Grand Prix, more wheel banging between Schumi and Hill. Damn its just 13:30, why it aint 21:00 already

Last edited by musicvj : 10th December 2009 at 13:38.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks