Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2009, 13:24   #1
BHPian

Old Golden F1 Races on ESPN EDIT: Mon - Friday 9 pm

If anyone watched the Quali telecast of the Brazilian GP on Star Sports, Steve Slater and Alex Yoong were discussing a new segment to be aired from November.

They are going to show some old F1 races which were very exciting. I am looking forward to this program and not going to miss it. I guess a fair few people here would also be interested in this program.

The ones I want to see are (quite a few schum classics included) form memory are

1. Spain 96
2. Hungary 97
3. Spa 97 and 98
4. Jerez 97

A few races where Senna and Mansell duelled like Monaco,etc.

Other fans here, please put across a list. lets see how much each are satisfied
Old 22nd October 2009, 15:32   #2
Senior - BHPian

Is it random old races or will they have a particular order? And who decides which are the 'classic' races?
Old 22nd October 2009, 15:38   #3
Senior - BHPian

Any race from 1978 to 1981 will make it a good watch! One man, Gilles Villeneuve made things more interesting!
Old 22nd October 2009, 15:46   #4
Senior - BHPian

Some of the races I would like to see:
1994 - Imola Race : Sadly Senna died at Tamburella chicane.
1994 - Adelaide : Hill and Schumacher collided and Schumy claimed Championship.
1996 - Monaco : only 5 cars finsihed the race in rain.Olivier Panis won the race.
1997 - Hungary : Hill came from nowhere to drive a solid race in his Arrows car and drove last laps with stuck gear box to finish third.
1997 - Jerez - Schumy collided again with Villeneuve and was stripped of his points for the entire season.
1998 - Spa : A demonic race where 8 cars crased on the Turn 1 in lashing rain , DC collided with Schumy under 0 visitbility conditions,which lead to an altercation between both the drivers,finally Damon Hill winning for Jordan Team,their 1st F1 victory.
Old 22nd October 2009, 16:00   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
1996 - Monaco : only 5 cars finsihed the race in rain.Olivier Panis won the race.
1997 - Hungary : Hill came from nowhere to drive a solid race in his Arrows car and drove last laps with stuck gear box to finish third.
1997 - Jerez - Schumy collided again with Villeneuve and was stripped of his points for the entire season.
1998 - Spa : A demonic race where 8 cars crased on the Turn 1 in lashing rain , DC collided with Schumy under 0 visitbility conditions,which lead to an altercation between both the drivers,finally Damon Hill winning for Jordan Team,their 1st F1 victory.
yeah, absolute classics all of them. and i have all of them on dvd, recordings from the tv.
Old 22nd October 2009, 16:57   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post

A Good list this one, some additions

1961 - Monza: No, i'm not old enough to remember this one. It was a tragic race, but a "SharkNose" Ferrari winning on the famous banked circuit's last race will be awesome to relive!
1968 - Nurburgring: One of the finest F1 victories ever
1992 - Spa: A super race and Schumi's 1st win.
1993 - Donington Park: Senna Ruled!
1995 - Spa: The race winner had qualified 16th! Guess Who??
1996 - Estoril: Not a classic, but Villeneuve's overtake on Schumi was his audacious best.
1996 - Barcelona: This is where Schumi walked on water!
2003 - Indy: Rain made the entire race super interesting
2005 - Suzuka: The race winner had qualified 17th! Guess Who??

And probably just about any race footage of the original Österreichring.

Last edited by gomzi : 22nd October 2009 at 17:11. Reason: edited the list
Old 22nd October 2009, 16:59   #7
BHPian

Great news ! I am so looking forward to this .
Senna vs Prost races , gilles villenuve ,james hunt ,the turbo era and the ground effects era I wanna see all of it !
Please post timings whenever they come out with this .
Old 22nd October 2009, 17:48   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Is it random old races or will they have a particular order? And who decides which are the 'classic' races?
No Idea yet. They were discussing it during the telecast and I think we will know more this race weekend. I am keeping my eyes peeled to check this out
Old 22nd October 2009, 17:54   #9
BHPian

How about the 1979 French GP?
the duel between Gilles Vileneuve and Rene Arnoux.
just the last 3-4 laps.
Old 22nd October 2009, 18:41   #10
BHPian

Gods Envy that probably is the most incredible challenge i have ever seen in F1. Lets hope the OWG (overtaking working group) sees that race again and targets and making F1 like that again.

Gilles Villeneuve really showed why he was Enzo Ferraris favourite driver in that french gp.
Old 23rd October 2009, 01:47   #11
BHPian

Please please put up the timings when they gonna be aired.
Old 23rd October 2009, 09:49   #12
Senior - BHPian

I'm a member of racing-underground which has a HUGE collection of all kinds of racing videos, including full races, full race onboard vids and full season videos of almost every season dating back till the 1970s. What Star Sports will have is a bunch of Michael Schumacher and Ayrton Senna videos with 30 minutes of ads. I might have a few invites, will check and let you guys know.
Old 23rd October 2009, 13:22   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
I'm a member of racing-underground which has a HUGE collection of all kinds of racing videos, including full races, full race onboard vids and full season videos of almost every season dating back till the 1970s. What Star Sports will have is a bunch of Michael Schumacher and Ayrton Senna videos with 30 minutes of ads. I might have a few invites, will check and let you guys know.

Pls pls pls.. send me one... Im trying for ages to get into this site . i was a member earlier and forgot the credentials .
Old 23rd October 2009, 13:39   #14
BHPian

Pranavt,
+1 for me as well.
Old 23rd October 2009, 14:13   #15
BHPian

In which season and race did shumi win from the pits i.e he was awarded a drive trough penalty and he didn't drive trough until the last lap, in the last lap finished the race in the pits. Wish to see this race.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks