Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2009, 17:48   #1
BHPian

Jean Todt Wins F.I.A. Elections

News just in Jean Todt wins presidency of the F.I.A.

The news I have is that Todt got got 135 votes to Ari vatanen's 49.

Will be interesting to see the new changes that Todt brings in.

Last edited by Sideways : 23rd October 2009 at 18:07.
Old 23rd October 2009, 17:53   #2
BHPian

Dont know if it is good news though.

Mr Todt was know for 'cutting' corners with Shumi. He is the kind of guy who will do anything to get anything done.

One way it is good and in another it may spoil the sport.
Old 23rd October 2009, 17:59   #3
BHPian

Goodbye Mad Max . Lets hope it is a begning of a new era , which makes the racing better .
Old 23rd October 2009, 17:59   #4
BHPian

Hope he makes changes good for the sport. he just need to press the undo switch.

Love to see Mad Max going out.
Old 23rd October 2009, 18:18   #5
Senior - BHPian

Great news! This should specifically be good for F1.

I seriously hope he does relook the F1 regulations!
Old 23rd October 2009, 18:25   #6
Senior - BHPian

First of all, Max Moseley is, by no means, completely out. He himself has said he'd like to continue to have a role in F1 even after he's out. Had Ari Vatanen won, I'd have been completely sure that Max was out for good but Max's strong support for Todt could very well mean...

Jean Todt Wins F.I.A. Elections-pup.jpg

And Jean Todt, a Ferrari man, now gets to run the sport. Way to make things fair for all teams. A stupid stupid decision, if you ask me. Is it so damn hard for these delegates to elect the candidate that the fans want?

Note from Team-BHP Support : Please note that it is imperative for you to upload pictures directly to the Team-BHP Server. Click here (Uploading photographs directly to Team-BHP) to view our simple help article on uploading pictures. Also please provide the source link for the image. Thanks.

Last edited by Rehaan : 23rd October 2009 at 22:10. Reason: Please see the note that has been put at the end of your post by the Support Team.
Old 23rd October 2009, 19:00   #7
BHPian

Todt as Ferrari man ? Ever wondered why Mclaren supported Vatanen ? you call that Fair.?

Last edited by FERRO : 23rd October 2009 at 19:03.
Old 23rd October 2009, 19:03   #8
BHPian

Let's time be the judge ( as in other things)

Lads,

Jean Todt is perceived by many F1 aficionados as the man who was one part of the famous Schumi-Ferrari partnership. In other words, he is identified by many to be a Ferrari man.

I think it will be a challenge for him to act and to be seen to act as the President of FIA and not as a Ferrari principal and sympathiser.

Let us see how things pan out in F1 2010.

Regards.
Old 23rd October 2009, 19:14   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FERRO View Post
Todt as Ferrari man ? Ever wondered why Mclaren supported Vatanen ? you call that Fair.?
There's a difference between supporting a candidate and having been the previous employer of a candidate. One that is lost upon you, it seems.
Old 23rd October 2009, 19:45   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
There's a difference between supporting a candidate and having been the previous employer of a candidate. One that is lost upon you, it seems.

since he is an Ex-Ferrari man, he must be on payroll to work for them as FIA President ? so stupid of me not to understand that. Ferrari owns FIA.

What about Ross Brawn an Ex-Ferrari man do you think he is planted by Ferrari mafia to spy on Brawn-Mercedes engine ?

Let Todt prove himself first before accusing him

Last edited by FERRO : 23rd October 2009 at 19:47.
Old 23rd October 2009, 19:52   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
First of all, Max Moseley is, by no means, completely out. He himself has said he'd like to continue to have a role in F1 even after he's out. Had Ari Vatanen won, I'd have been completely sure that Max was out for good but Max's strong support for Todt could very well mean...

And Jean Todt, a Ferrari man, now gets to run the sport. Way to make things fair for all teams. A stupid stupid decision, if you ask me. Is it so damn hard for these delegates to elect the candidate that the fans want?
Dude, take a chill pill! Its always good to have an Ex-F1 man as the FIA President rather than having ex-WRC man in FIA.

Atleast, he would make sensible rules!

Todt was dedicated to Ferrari big time, he was working for Ferrari then what do you think he should do!

Todt has shown the same spirit and professionalism to his job! Now that he is the FIA president, he will show the same spirit with FIA.

Todt, Ferrari man and FIA becomes (Ferrari.I.A) is all conspiracies written by losers!
Old 23rd October 2009, 20:06   #12
BHPian

Was this so surprising?

I dont know who was surprised at Jean Todt winning. I certainly was not, it seemed like a foregone conclusion.

I think the FIA has voted correctly.

Quote:
Its always good to have an Ex-F1 man as the FIA President rather than having ex-WRC man in FIA.
FIA controls much more than just F1

I'd much prefer the head of the FIA to be someone who still has close ties with motorsport and experience in varied formats.

Jean Todt certainly has that, having participated in rally and F1 teams. This does give him a unique perspective of both the Formula1 and WRC franchises. He has proven to be a good manager of motorsport teams.

Us arguing the matter here is not going to change anything, but atleast give the guy a chance to prove his impartiality and drive motorsports forward before writing him off.

remember, even criminals are innocent until proven guilty!

Last edited by gomzi : 23rd October 2009 at 20:07.
Old 23rd October 2009, 20:12   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
since he is an Ex-Ferrari man, he must be on payroll to work for them as FIA President ? so stupid of me not to understand that. Ferrari owns FIA.

What about Ross Brawn an Ex-Ferrari man do you think he is planted by Ferrari mafia to spy on Brawn-Mercedes engine ?
You're missing my point. Todt is human and you cannot dissociate yourself from your former team all of a sudden and see them in the same light as everyone else. Inherent bias will occur and is far more likely to occur with people who are ex-members of teams. I wouldn't want Ron Dennis in power either. It has little to do with one particular man, i.e. Todt. It is more to do with the principle of allowing such men to stand for such posts.

Quote:
Let Todt prove himself first before accusing him
Right! Let's also vote our politicians in anyhow and then let them prove themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Todt, Ferrari man and FIA becomes (Ferrari.I.A) is all conspiracies written by losers!
No, not really.
Old 23rd October 2009, 20:17   #14
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Its always good to have an Ex-F1 man as the FIA President rather than having ex-WRC man in FIA.
True, but remember, Max Mosely was an Ex-F1 man too when he became president.
Old 24th October 2009, 00:09   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
True, but remember, Max Mosely was an Ex-F1 man too when he became president.
Yeah, but am sure Todt is not Mosley!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez
No, not really.
My friend, thats a long debatable topic on who is the loser! But I am sure Todt can do better things than Vatenan!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks