Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2011, 08:53   #91
Senior - BHPian

re: Updates on the Indian F1 track (Buddh International Circuit)

Another one from ESPN F1

Organisers promise hassle-free ticketing for Indian Grand Prix | India Grand Prix | Formula 1 news, live F1 | ESPN F1
Hassle-free ticketing promised for Indian Grand Prix

Updates on the Indian F1 track (Buddh International Circuit)-9679.2.jpg
Organisers of the race are determined to avoid the chaotic scenes which marred the sale of tickets for the recent cricket World Cup © Getty Images

Organisers of the Indian Grand Prix have promised a hassle-free experience for people looking to purchase tickets for the inaugural race in October.

The recent cricket World Cup was marred by the poor handling of ticket sales, with scenes of people being beaten by police and allegations most tickets went to official and corporate bodies.

"We are in the ticketing business for a long time now," explained Ashish Hemrajani, Founder of Bigtree Entertainment, holding company for Bookmyshow.com, the exclusive ticketing partner for the event. "Technology and experience are our backbone and the entire ticket buying process will be extremely user friendly and simple for a fan in any part of the world."

Hemrajani said tickets for the 110,000 spectators would be affordable. "Ticket slabs will ensure the entry for students as well as corporate entities, as we want to attract racing enthusiasts from every stratum of the society. We will start the sale sometime in June."

Spectators will have the option to choose their seats online and ticket counters will be opened in main catchment areas such as Connaught Place and Noida. There will also be the ability to book tickets through mobile applications using Blackberry and Android phones, and a call centre will also be set up.

"For us, it's important that the user experience for spectators should be world-class in every respect," Hemrajani added. "We are sure we will be able to deliver services that match not just our expectations but also the expectations of scores of F1 fans in India and abroad."

Cheers!

Vinu

Note from Team-BHP Support : Please note that it is imperative for you to upload pictures directly to the Team-BHP Server. Please click here (Uploading photographs directly to Team-BHP) to view our simple help article on uploading pictures. Thanks.

Last edited by Rehaan : 26th April 2011 at 15:05. Reason: Please take a look at the mod note that has been added to the end of your post.
Old 26th April 2011, 11:39   #92
Senior - BHPian

They have mentioned a base price of Rs. 2500 for a weekend ticket.
Grand stand tickets will be in the range of Rs. 25,000-30,000.
Overall they are targeting Rs 150 crore as ticket revenue.

Feel they are going about this the wrong way.
They should target to fill the track with 110,000 spectators and work backwards for ticket pricing. Last thing the organizers should want is 20-30,000 seats remaining vacant for the inaugural GP. The bottom 20,000 seats should be Rs. 1000 maximum.
Once the excitement/response is established they can always increase prices for next yr.
Get the people in I say!

They cant look at this with respect to ticket pricing for IPL/World cup games.
Cricket is India's most popular pastime and inspite of that there are stadiums running 20% empty for IPL.

What do you guys feel?
Old 26th April 2011, 13:01   #93
Senior - BHPian

I think 2500rs for a weekend greenlands ticket is very reasonable indeed. The Indian GP will probably become one of the cheapest F1 Grand Prix to attend. I doubt the 125,000 seating track will fill up on all days. But I am sure you wont see an empty seat on the grandstands either.
Old 26th April 2011, 13:27   #94
Senior - BHPian

Indian GP circuit named Buddh International!

Indian GP circuit named Buddh International

Organisers of the race unveil the circuit's new logo

The organisers of the Indian Grand Prix have revealed the logo for the newly-named Buddh International Circuit that will host the inaugural race on October 30.

The circuit, roughly 25 miles outside New Delhi in Greater Noida, has been named after the Gautam Buddh Nagar district where it is based. At the unveiling of the new logo the chairman of organisers Jaypee Sports International, Manoj Gaur, said everything was in place to ensure the circuit would be completed and signed off in time.

"Be assured my friends," he was quoted by the Times of India. "Our and [our] country's reputation is there. We are responsible people. The track is ready and the homologation of the facility will be done in July as per the time-table of the FIA."

Samir Gaur, managing director of Jaypee Sports International, said tickets would be set at affordable prices, although the final levels have not been decided.

"We can't disclose the pricing but it would be moderate," he said. "It is in the final stages and it will start from Rs 2500 [US$ 56] onwards. We have tied up with the bookmyshow.com for the ticketing."

Source : Indian GP circuit named Buddh International | Formula 1 | Formula 1 news, live F1 | ESPN F1

Logo

Name:  BICLogo.png
Views: 2655
Size:  146.6 KB

Regards

Vinu

Last edited by myavu : 26th April 2011 at 13:30.
Old 27th April 2011, 12:01   #95
Senior - BHPian

Another Indian state starts F1 track project

Another Indian state starts F1 track project

Source : Another Indian state starts F1 track project | Formula 1 complete - all access F1

Apr.26 (GMM) With the finishing touches now being applied at the New Delhi venue, it emerges that a second formula one project in India is already underway.

The news comes as 2011 Indian grand prix organisers Jaypee played down fears the inaugural race in October could be a Commonwealth Games-style planning debacle.

"Be assured my friends," said executive chairman Manoj Gaur. "The track is ready and the homologation of the facility will be done in July as per the timetable of the FIA."

And the Times of India reports that an entirely-separate project is set to go ahead in the Goa state.

"Yes, we have been approached for a F1 circuit in Goa. We have decided to go ahead with it," confirmed tourism director Swapnil Naik, who indicated that a coastal site for the venue is likely.

According to the reports, Goa's government recently set up a tourism taskforce to decide on infrastructure projects such as golf courses, entertainment parks, boxing arenas and the F1 circuit.

Regards

Vinu
Old 27th April 2011, 13:35   #96
Senior - BHPian

Goa circuit will be a massive hit, especially to attract non-Indian tourist spectators, which is the case with the races in Abu Dhabi and Bahrain, with the race weekend becoming part of a tourism package.

The only issue I see, is the airports and other infrastructural facilities to Goa may not be able to handle such a large influx of people over a short period of time. Delhi has the advantage of being Commonwealth ready and thus F1 ready.
Old 6th May 2011, 20:50   #97
BHPian

As far as the track is concerned you only need to look at the tracks historically, long straights with short twists generally give good overtaking.Not much happens on high speed corners. Now our circuit has a fantastic layout, 2 long straights and one medium,each of these opening into a hairpin or chicane. I think a fantastic race is in our hands http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/images...s/Cheering.gif . Dont forget the possibility of rains in Delhi around october.
Regarding the price 5000 for regular seats if included the friday,saturday and sunday should be a good bargain. Grandstand price debatable,acceptable to me.
Old 10th May 2011, 17:23   #98
BHPian

I have to start saving for the Grandstand ticket price as well as return flight charges to Delhi. It might be OT here but anyone from Bangalore/or Hyderabad planning (atleast tentatively) to drive to Delhi and back? I am definitely thinking about it. We can either use my car or I can be a sharing passenger/co-driver if anyone is interested.
Added Bonus: I know a few family/friends in delhi and Noida where we might be able to stay for free and just pay for the food and drinks.

Is there any confirmation that the grandstand ticket prices will be less than 40/50K? I have been trawling the net but have not seen anything definite. maybe early days yet?
Old 13th May 2011, 18:58   #99

@GTO, here are the pics...not much difference from the pics posted on April 19. I was on track on 30th April. Apart from these pics, i took a video of the grandstands and pit buildings construction and the drive from turn 8 to 16 (not sure how to share the video)

Updates on the Indian F1 track (Buddh International Circuit)-backview-grandstand-construction.jpg

Updates on the Indian F1 track (Buddh International Circuit)-entrance-main-building.jpg

Updates on the Indian F1 track (Buddh International Circuit)-grandstand-roof-under-construction.jpg

Updates on the Indian F1 track (Buddh International Circuit)-huge-grandstand-capacity.jpg

Updates on the Indian F1 track (Buddh International Circuit)-pit-building.jpg
praneet.singhal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th May 2011, 20:42   #100
Senior - BHPian

Looks like a lot of work needs to be done before October! Man, I really hope they pace this thing up a little!
Old 17th May 2011, 14:20   #101
Senior - BHPian

Airtel has just been announced as the title sponsor. good signs..
Old 17th May 2011, 17:05   #102
Team-BHP Support

Bangalore Mirror has a report in TODAY's edition about the Indian F1 track being named "Buddh". TODAY!!

Either the PR machinery for the F1 is taking it slow or BM takes ages to report!
Old 19th May 2011, 14:51   #103
Senior - BHPian

Winter F1 in India!

Formula 1 chiefs are considering a move to make the Indian Grand Prix the season finale on December 4, AUTOSPORT has learned, as a way of slotting the Bahrain GP back on the calendar.

As discussions continue between Bernie Ecclestone, the FIA and Bahrain officials about the race returning to the schedule, high level sources have revealed that Indian officials have been asked to look at a race date change to help accommodate the Sakhir event.

AUTOSPORT understands that the current plan being favoured, should Bahrain be given the green light to return to the schedule, is for the Middle Eastern race to take India's current October 30 slot.

There would then be a two-week gap before the Abu Dhabi GP on November 13, after which the young driver test would take place from November 15-17.

Brazil would then keep its current November 27 date, with India then being moved to December 4.

With the FIA due to decide on June 3 whether or not Bahrain can take place, sources suggest that chiefs want the end of season schedule reshuffle sorted before then rather than waiting to see what happens with the Gulf island state race.

Although it is understood Indian officials have been asked to look at the new date, no decision has yet been taken about whether it will happen.

FIA president Jean Todt said at the Turkish Grand Prix that he was happy to give Bahrain more time.

"We completely sympathise with the problems that are happening, and we all understand that it would not have been possible to keep the grand prix as the first race of the championship," he said.

"I think if you are in a difficult situation, you need support. That is our responsibility. We need to give some support and it will penalise nobody to have a final answer by June 3."

Source: autosport.com - F1 News: F1 ponders Dec 4 slot for Indian GP

Cheers!

Vinu
Old 19th May 2011, 15:12   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by julupani View Post
I think 2500rs for a weekend greenlands ticket is very reasonable indeed. The Indian GP will probably become one of the cheapest F1 Grand Prix to attend. I doubt the 125,000 seating track will fill up on all days. But I am sure you wont see an empty seat on the grandstands either.
Well not true.. The cheapest ticket that I have gone on for the Malaysian GP is RM 100 for 3 days on the grass! Translates to about Rs. 1300 And it had fantastic views. The year before that I went on a RM 200 3 day pass angain grass but covered with TV coverage. The first year I went was on a RM 800 pass for the grandstand at corner 1 & 2

So anyone planning to go for the race, my advice dont buy the grandstand tickets. At least not the ones on the straights. You wont get to see anything. Buy tickets that are at the corners.
sarmarishi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2011, 12:15   #105
Distinguished - BHPian

regarding the move, its bad yes, that maybe the scheduled race wont happen, but a later one will.
but hey-ay!!
f1 finale in delhi, awesome!!!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks