Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2010, 19:32   #46
BHPian

This track is being built by Jaypee Group and I heard from someone that Mr. Vijaya Mallaya has some stake in this. The construction work is going at amazing speed. I will visit this place over the weekend and put some WIP pics here.
Old 11th August 2010, 11:49   #47
Senior - BHPian

thanks for the pictures, now we can be assured that this is definitely coming to India. Look forward to the track and race in 2011.
Old 12th August 2010, 15:32   #48
Senior - BHPian

From what I see all pointers say its on track.

More info
Quote:

Jaypee Group Circuit, New Delhi, India

Racetrack including pit building, main grandstand, media centre, medical centre, team buildings, circuit school, entrance gate, maintenance / workshop buildings

Client:JPSK Sports Private Limited
Capacity:118.000 (total)
Race track area:98,0 ha
Track length:5,14 km
Project status:under construction
Source
Tilke GmbH - Projects - Category - Racetracks
Old 12th August 2010, 17:58   #49
BHPian

I see a lot of people complaining about the track design. But somehow I feel this track should be good for overtaking. Turns 3 and 4 [which are on either sides of the straight] are almost hairpin turns which should involve high braking. I always thought a long straight with an hair pin turn at the end will promote overtakings. There is another very sharp turn [probably in sector 3] which seems to be sharper than just a right hander. This should also provide oppurtunites for the adventurous drivers [i.e. Hamilton and Alonso. Maybe even Kobiashi, I really like the way he drives]. Overall, I am pretty happy with what I see!
Old 14th August 2010, 17:47   #50
BHPian

Second Indian F1 track a possibility

Looks like another F1 track might be possibility if the proposal goes through.
From no tracks to 2 tracks?
Old 14th August 2010, 19:36   #51

What are the timelines for this track, it seems like it will take ages for completion
Old 24th August 2010, 16:24   #52
BHPian

Formula1.com has done an interview with the vice president of JPSK sports about the track .
Here is the link:
Formula 1? - The Official F1? Website
Old 28th August 2010, 16:56   #53
BHPian

Lets hope this one is done in a more organised way than the Commonwealth fiasco.
Old 3rd September 2010, 00:29   #54
BHPian

As per Mark Hughes' interview, (VP, operations)
1. Turns 2-3 are elevated. its a 14 metre blind crest that dips to 8 metres, then rises again to 12 metres.
2. Circuit length is 5.14km.
3. Turns 10-11 are the ones to watch out for; sweeping bends leading into a double apex, with cars coming around the corner at 225 kmph.
4. Expected to be complete by June 2011 and optimistic of being race ready for a November slot.
5. The circuit's been put through the wringer by F1 teams on simulators and their feedback has been implemented.
6. Logistics; transport, customs, accomodation will be a challenge.
Old 3rd September 2010, 02:01   #55
Senior - BHPian

Why have they not released an animated lap of the track? I'm tired of looking at plans. Wanna see it from the driver's point of view.

Shan2nu
Old 3rd September 2010, 12:04   #56
BHPian

I wonder what prompted Jaypee to plan the track in North India ... I imagine it will create quite a logistics challenge for existing Indian teams as the other two tracks are in Coimbatore & Chennai. Bangalore would perhaps be a better location as it also has an international airport. Not sure if there is any other team based in Delhi.

No offence meant - F1 track in Delhi suits me very well!
Old 4th September 2010, 22:36   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya101 View Post
I wonder what prompted Jaypee to plan the track in North India ... I imagine it will create quite a logistics challenge for existing Indian teams as the other two tracks are in Coimbatore & Chennai. Bangalore would perhaps be a better location as it also has an international airport. Not sure if there is any other team based in Delhi.

Bangalore would have sure made me very very happy !

But I guess DElhi is the best choice for material handling purposes ; imagine logistics for the huge number of jumbos carrying all that piece of equipment !
Old 4th September 2010, 23:13   #58
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya101 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by manubhai View Post
Bangalore would have sure made me very very happy !

But I guess DElhi is the best choice for material handling purposes ; imagine logistics for the huge number of jumbos carrying all that piece of equipment !
So Delhi'ites will not only gear-up for the F1, but also for the longest traffic jams. Maybe longer than the one in China.

A street circuit would have done more justice and saved lots of costs, and dont tell me that there are no such roads in India.
Attached Thumbnails
Updates on the Indian F1 track (Buddh International Circuit)-22na9164.jpg  

Updates on the Indian F1 track (Buddh International Circuit)-easternexpresshighway_7_1.jpg  

Updates on the Indian F1 track (Buddh International Circuit)-bandraworli-sea-link-bridge_5.jpg  

Old 5th September 2010, 12:10   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
A street circuit would have done more justice and saved lots of costs, and dont tell me that there are no such roads in India.
Well, it would have made sense if the race was a govt venture. Being totally private, the race organizers were better off building their own track! This is not singapore!

Recently there was a cycle race organized as a precursor to CWG and even the cyclists complained of the rubble! Not to forget the irritable Delhi drivers who dont take kindly to roads being blocked for any reason other than Republic Day parade!
Old 6th September 2010, 10:11   #60
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by manubhai View Post
Lets hope this one is done in a more organised way than the Commonwealth fiasco.
Definitely will. Reason? It's an initiative by an established, well-connected, really loaded private player. I've interacted with the group in charge on an occasion and believe me, they are incredibly dedicated.

2012 release seems more realistic than 2011.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks