Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2005, 21:26   #16
Senior - BHPian

he had flat spotted his tyres and Tiago's bump into his rear had totally smashed the rear diffusers ..so he had not active aerodynamic grip for turn 8 ...
Old 21st August 2005, 21:36   #17
BHPian

bad for mclaren they could have reduced the deficiet by 2 more points... all these points are gonna prove valuble in the end... flawless driving by kimi....
Old 21st August 2005, 22:54   #18
Team-BHP Support

I would have loved to see a McLaren 1 - 2. Montoya should have been a little more careful while overtaking Monteiro at that stage of the race.
As far as Alonso is concerned, he's not the fastest driver out there. He dosen't have the fastest car either. He's just chugging along at a brisk, but steady pace. At this rate, he might lose a few battles, but eventually, win the war.
Finally, we come to our winner, Kimi Raikkonen. Once again, he showed that currently he is the quickest driver of the lot. I loved the way he muscled his way past the two Renaults and dominated the race from that point till the finish.
Old 21st August 2005, 22:57   #19
Team-BHP Support

BTW, I wonder how many of you guys noticed this. The Minardi of Robert Doornbos finished in 13th place, ahead of both the Jordan Toyotas. Quite unusual, isnt' it?
Old 22nd August 2005, 09:21   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aveek
The only reason Alonso is leading the championship is because Iceman has the worst luck on the planet.
Huh, when did Iceman become an F1 driver? Does he race with his super Baleno?

Oh ok, now I get it - you mean Kimi the Iceman, not our T-BHPian Iceman!
Old 22nd August 2005, 12:30   #21
BHPian

what the hell was montoya doing, why the hell did he have to overtake tiago like that, damn, wat a mess up cost mclaren valuable points and yeah kimi would have gained 2 more points on alonso too.... well does make the season more interesting, really enjoyed seeing both the red bull cars finishing in points... great debut season for them..
Old 22nd August 2005, 15:08   #22
Senior - BHPian

It was Montoya's mistake or rather say he was too aggressive and I don't blame Tiago for that. Great job by Alonso to force him to make make a mistake like that. It was a Great drive by Kimi and Alonso. Clearly Mclarens were the quickest again. As aseem said there's lot of favouritism and many are anti Alonso just because he is winning instead of Kimi when kimi's car breaks and for silly things like showng fingers. He is also very talented and is doing a great job in the Renault and is consistently chasing the Mclarens in a car which is just not quick enough and people say he isn't talented or he is not fast. In that case I would say Kimi wins because he has the fastest car. Alonso is leading the championship becuse of the consistency and talent and not just because of luck.
If you like any driver you praise him but don't write something bad and foolish about other drivers.
Old 22nd August 2005, 16:43   #23
Senior - BHPian

tiago shouldnt have braked so late .. wasnt he being blue flagged in the previous sectors ? he aws a backmarker not even in the points and he had nobody behind him fighting to take his position..he should have gotten off his pace for a split second ...
being in the lead lap defending his position montoya had the right to muscle his way past a back marker ..
tiago was just being callous...

As far as Alonso is concerned am not saying hes a bad driver ..like the commentaters said yesterday .. he has been getting more than what he expected and thats a fact ..his car is 2nd fastest in the grid ..they had a much quicker car in the first 10 laps yesterday still no good for them was it ?
he has scavenged a lot of crucial points which he did not deserve ..he has been plain lucky ...

Last edited by turbo_lover : 22nd August 2005 at 16:49.
Old 22nd August 2005, 21:15   #24
BHPian

Will McLaren ever get that 1-2...?? Will Kimi ever get the championship...?? Will F-1 ever be the same again?
Find out next time, only on F-1 2005!!!

This season is becoming painstaikingly close... my final prediction is that Alonso will JUST ABOUT take it this year, and McLaren will take the Constructors... Kimi is just too far away, and with the curse of the missing 1-2 upon McLaren, Kimi just ain't gonna get there - but I'll pray for it every day!!

McLaren just have no luck on thier side. Its like Alonso's robbed EVERYONE of their luck, man!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks