Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2005, 00:42   #1
BHPian

anybody interested in A1 GP?

since the F1 season is close to finish...and the A1 GP is starting...too good a year for us racing fans....so i guess racing never goes off the air...
but are you guys really that much interested abt A1?
there is an Indian team in there...this is abt all I am interested in the A1. the cars are done badly....u can literally see them and tell thats bad aero....[no offence meant but after looking at MP4/20, the car look like trash]

lets hear it from all of you guys...
Old 27th August 2005, 16:28   #2
Senior - BHPian

I am interested actually. But does anyone know which countries the races will be broadcasted to live? Check this out for the test times of the A1 cars at Paul Ricard: http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpa...s_art_id=25627

So Karun is driving for Team India after all.
Old 27th August 2005, 18:33   #3
Senior - BHPian

Iam very much interested in A1GP which is world cup of motorsports, it will be great to watch the countries fighting out on the track.
I agree that Aero isn't that good but budget is also very low compared to F1.
Old 27th August 2005, 20:06   #4
Senior - BHPian

I'm interested in the way that I will have some regular motorsport coverage to watch. It will be fun in an entertainment sort of way. But, it will be fun to watch similar spec cars take on each other, though the aerodynamics package isn't really convincing.
Old 27th August 2005, 20:30   #5
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

me too very keen to see the A1 serires take off..once F1 gets over then we all will be bored to death till the beginning of the next season..so this series might just keep us occupied until the beginning of the next season..and pretty interesting to see that all the cars have the same specs so its down to the driver talent something that is really lacking in F1 right now(only 2 or 3 teams dominate the whole show)..this series also will act as a ladder to wannabe F1 drivers..good performers will surely get a call into the mainstream of F1..so lets wait and watch..
Old 27th August 2005, 21:39   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
me too very keen to see the A1 serires take off..once F1 gets over then we all will be bored to death till the beginning of the next season..so this series might just keep us occupied until the beginning of the next season..and pretty interesting to see that all the cars have the same specs so its down to the driver talent something that is really lacking in F1 right now(only 2 or 3 teams dominate the whole show)..this series also will act as a ladder to wannabe F1 drivers..good performers will surely get a call into the mainstream of F1..so lets wait and watch..
exactly the same reason why i am looking forward to it...couldnt spell it any better. btw thanks deeps for the link.
anybody checked it out...the indian team is third to last...even pakistan is ahead of us....
i am truly disappointed....and look at how team usa has clinched P1s back-to-back.
Old 27th August 2005, 22:27   #7
Senior - BHPian

Hey Guys
Swiss team driver Neel Jani is half Indian, so we have something to cheer for.
Old 27th August 2005, 22:37   #8
BANNED

well india is at the bottom end of the table as they missed the 1st testing session that was held sometime back...i think these are the results from the 2nd test session..so obviously it might take time for chandok and ebrahim to get used to the car whereas the other countries had already completed 2 tests..so lets give the boys sometime to get to know the car better,then maybe we can see india at the top of the table..
Old 27th August 2005, 22:59   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
Hey Guys
Swiss team driver Neel Jani is half Indian, so we have something to cheer for.
so u mean, instead of the usual 1 team per country rule, India has one-and-a-half teams playing in the series...
Old 28th August 2005, 12:02   #10
Senior - BHPian

In A1GP its all about driver talent rather than a team or a car unlike F1 which even I liked. Iam looking forward to the first race.
Old 28th August 2005, 15:35   #11
Senior - BHPian

One question, does the entire team have to be Indian or just the drivers?
Old 28th August 2005, 15:43   #12
BANNED

as far as my knowledge goes the entire team has to be from that country only..in A1 all the teams are representing a country,so whats the point if u go on appointing foreigners..
Old 28th August 2005, 15:45   #13
Senior - BHPian

The reason i asked was 'cos i read somewhere that the head engineer of team India was a foreigner. I can't remember the source of the article. Maybe someone else can shed more light on the issue.
Old 28th August 2005, 15:47   #14
BHPian

I personally think the whole point of A1 GP is that it'll have 'mass' appeal unlike F1 and other forms of motorsports. As it is country-specific, like cricket, people will definitely watch it atleast to cheer for their country. And as cricket is losing a bit of its sheen, the media will no doubt market and promote A1 aggressively. Just my 2c. Let's see how the whole thing turns out to be.

Manti.
Old 28th August 2005, 16:12   #15
BANNED

ya it will surely have a bigger mass appeal probably more than F1 as all the member countries will surely log in to chear their country..well to india and pakistan all that will matter is just beating each other(the mentality we all have,more than satisfied if india beats pak in either cricket or hockey and just screws up in the rest of the rounds)..hope that doent happen bcoz we should look at competing with the best teams and beat them at it and not just pak..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks