Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2010, 19:39   #106
Senior - BHPian

The long wheel base this year make the cars look arrows than the previous year's darts

The effect of this will be more importance on qualifying as it will be impossible to make a pass without a collision on many circuits. It seems F1 think tank never gave this aspect a thought.

What say friends?
Old 10th February 2010, 20:54   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
The long wheel base this year make the cars look arrows than the previous year's darts

The effect of this will be more importance on qualifying as it will be impossible to make a pass without a collision on many circuits. It seems F1 think tank never gave this aspect a thought.

What say friends?
We will only know after a few races but I really doubt it...

Last year, when the front wings became too low and wide, some predicted that a lot of wings will be lost in the corners. But it was all the same as before. So we will have to wait and watch.

There will be a lot of under-steer in corners as the narrower front tyres will lead to lower front grip. And the weight bias will be towards the rear during the first half of the race due to the fuel load.

so overtaking on the outside line will be a real tough task.
Old 11th February 2010, 12:27   #108
Senior - BHPian

@deetjohn bro last year was a messy year for formula 1, regulations on engine had just been sorted and different interpretation to rules wasn't cleared till almost 3 races in the season, none of the team settled with their aero pack (I am sure Ferrari/McLaren/BMW would have not suffered) and I am sure this year it will be more fun to see better cars.

Over taking I am sure will be difficult if that happens, pit lane strategy and fuel efficiency will make the race mundane and boring, qualifying will be the only thing to watch.

I appreciate your technical comments. I too agree that it will be only last few laps that these cars will run fast, also cant imagine new speed records being broken.
Old 11th February 2010, 14:35   #109
BHPian

The best looking cars this year (purely visual!) according to me:

1. Virgin Racing - attitude that F1 needs, hope it shows on track with results
2. Red Bull - understated yet beautiful
3. Toro Rosso - the meaner RB brother
4. Merc GP - just the contrasting colours (including the yellow and red helmets) does the trick
5. McLaren - as usual a stunner
6. Force India - hope the VJM wins a race or more this year

Williams looks just like every other FWxx car since 2000
Ferrari looks like an IRL car with the tacky red and white scheme
Sauber may yet change their colour scheme depending on the sponsors they manage to rope in

The Renault - a love it or hate it colour scheme. PErsonally i think its cool. Like a Save the Tigers theme Maybe Aircel ought to sponsor them and put a pic of Stripey on the sidepods
Old 12th February 2010, 11:33   #110
Senior - BHPian

2010 will be good

Don’t worry Sn1p3r, 2010 will be exciting.

I would have loved to see racing as it was in the early 2000s with the -
  • The unlimited qualifying laps which allowed drivers to push their machines to the limit and beyond.
  • The fastest engines and transmissions which were on the absolute threshold in terms of performance and reliability. They were built to last for just 1 race. And it really showed on the track.
The emergence of cost cutting and safety has greatly reduced the freedom of F1 engineers. But those evil minds still come up with things to trump the regulations.

Personally, I prefer the refueling ban to the odd ball 2005 tyre change ban. Even though Liuzzi said yesterday that his Force India is like a bus when the fuel load is high...

Pit stops will be awesome this season. We will be able to see who is the fastest under pressure with just the tyres to be changed along with some wing adjustments.
I read somewhere that the current record for a four-tyre change stands at a holly 3.2 seconds, set by Benetton in the 1993 Belgian GP. Lets see whether any of the teams be able to break this record?

Drivers will have to use their tyres with most care during the race. And some cars will be kind on their tyres. Logically, all cars should be fastest towards the end of the race and those with a good set of tyres towards chequered flag will be at an advantage.

The passing on the pits will no longer be an option unless some teams screw up in the pit lane. The guys are paid to race and they will have overtake rivals on the track to earn places.

Then there is the critical element of fuel efficiency of each car.

So it’s a season of huge unknowns and what ifs.

Add Schumi's come back into it and I am really looking forward to 2010 to say the least.
Old 13th February 2010, 12:51   #111
MCR
BHPian

Lotus

Lotus 2010 Challenger launched.

Picture courtesy : Lotus f1 fans site.
Attached Thumbnails
The 2010 F1 Season car launch thread-lotus.jpg  

Old 15th February 2010, 16:46   #112
BHPian

Virgin-VR-01-Cosworth

The 2010 F1 Season car launch thread-virginvr01cosworth.jpg

The 2010 F1 Season car launch thread-virginvr01cosworth1.jpg

The 2010 F1 Season car launch thread-virginvr01cosworth2.jpg

The 2010 F1 Season car launch thread-virginvr01cosworth3.jpg
Old 15th February 2010, 17:01   #113
BHPian

Lotus-T127-Cosworth

Some more pics of Lotus

The 2010 F1 Season car launch thread-lotust127cosworth.jpg

The 2010 F1 Season car launch thread-lotust127cosworth_1.jpg

The 2010 F1 Season car launch thread-lotust127cosworth_2.jpg

The 2010 F1 Season car launch thread-lotust127cosworth_3.jpg

The 2010 F1 Season car launch thread-lotust127cosworth_4.jpg

The 2010 F1 Season car launch thread-lotust127cosworth_5.jpg

The 2010 F1 Season car launch thread-lotust127cosworth_6.jpg
Old 15th February 2010, 17:20   #114
BHPian

Sauber-C29-Ferrari

The 2010 F1 Season car launch thread-sauberc29ferrari.jpg

The 2010 F1 Season car launch thread-sauberc29ferrari_1.jpg

The 2010 F1 Season car launch thread-sauberc29ferrari_2.jpg

The 2010 F1 Season car launch thread-sauberc29ferrari_3.jpg

The 2010 F1 Season car launch thread-sauberc29ferrari_4.jpg

The 2010 F1 Season car launch thread-sauberc29ferrari_5.jpg

The 2010 F1 Season car launch thread-sauberc29ferrari_6.jpg

Source: ultimatecar pages
Old 15th February 2010, 20:52   #115
BANNED

Cars this season are lot more interesting in design.

Very aggressive and colorful.

While testing results show most of the cars in grid to be competitive, though confusing, but this season especially is surely gonna be a killer.
Old 16th February 2010, 11:36   #116
Senior - BHPian

This year, for first 10 odd laps car will be like Punto with a M800's engine

Yes, after testing no one is outstanding against rest. Fuel load is a crucial factor. We have to wait till Bahrain for the answers.

Waiting patiently
Old 16th February 2010, 13:47   #117
Senior - BHPian

@deetjohn I agree, with pit stops and I think Ferrari has the best crew currently.

The season will be great, but I still think the drivers will not be on the limits, it will be like the slowest bicycle will be the race winner. More control than aggression.

I think Irvine, Coulthard, Barichellos are the ones who would have been the force, I love Schumi but he has never been the best conservator of the cars.

I love the seasons betweek 1995 till 2005. After than F1 top brass just lost the plot, now F1 is more for doing tests for engineering going directly into the cars and last year with KERS it was product cars lending their intellect to F1, what could have been worst for Toyota that their KERS was not the best (sorry Prius) and the limits on everything was giving me excruciating mental agony.

I hope this season gets the glory back. I am sure with extra points for qualifying, most races will be won in qualifying. Just a hunch.

Looking forward to India hosting F1. Any ideas about where, what is going on that front, I can be one of the marshalls.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks