Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2005, 04:17   #16
Senior - BHPian

Karthik, you bring up an excellent point. This is long been an issue in single make series where the spec engines are sealed and given by the organizers. But the fact is that these engines are specially designed to be robust and typically not "on the edge" like in F1. If you look at World Series or CART for example, the attrition due to breakdowns is virtually non-existant. These guys design the engine, test it and build it and that's IT......whereas in F1, they keep fiddling with it after every race to make it faster and faster.

Other than reliability there is another problem, that of equal power outputs. In the past teams have complained that their engines didnt make same power as other teams. They even run the cars on a chassis dyno and check the numbers. Remember even 3-4 bhp difference will show up on the race track. I remember this was an issue when Ebrahim.Sr was racing F-Asia in the 90s.

Last edited by Mpower : 23rd September 2005 at 04:19.
Old 23rd September 2005, 12:10   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2L8uLoose
People have suivived for so many years without any racing for the 4 months of the off season.... and Im sure that they can make it without a pseudo racing series

no doubt they have survived for 4 months without any racing, but if there is something available to watch and even if it is a bit interesting why not watch it, i'm ot sayin there are gonna be alot of A1GP fans...

but if it is there to watch then why not....
Old 26th September 2005, 16:06   #18
BHPian

hi there ,

I am confused after watching the 1st race. team pakistan after having a nightmare of a pit stop was effectively running 3 laps down when he rejoined the race. But instead of giving way to team mexico , he held him back for some laps. there were no marshals showing him the blue flag or any pit to driver communication or any thing. so do i assume even if u are being lapped , u can still race as if u are fighting for position or what ? some one please help me on this.

secondly i am glad that that the cars are built solid and the driver came out scratchless after such a horific accident , but the response time of the marshals manning the tracters or the JCB was really very slow. i mean as it is it is a small race and even then if the emergency crews are going to take for ever to clear the track then i guess the next few races would be under a safety car only..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks